Categories > Original > Historical > London, bridges falling down

idk

by rosesfallatmyfeet 0 reviews

hi bitch! Do you love me?

Category: Historical - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 490 words

0Unrated
"Um...John? Are you sure you're alive? You're cold, you were in a coffin, you have no reflection, you aren't solid, and you are 1171 years old. I'm sorry to have to break the news to you, but I am pretty sure, I mean, this is just a guess and all, but I think that you, Mr....John are dead." London said it with a slight smile, so as to not hurt his feelings, but he took it hard all the same. He bent back down and put his face, once again, in his hands. London heard Grace yelling for her to come and get some food.
John looked up, startled, when he heard the unfamiliar voice.
"It was my mom again," London explained. He nodded and leaned down again. "Um, John? I have to go. My mom will be worried and she'll be looking for me. Tell me something though." London got him to look up. She started right into his pale blue eyes and smiled. "Is there any way that I can get a key, so I can see you again? I want the attic to be our place..." London shied away from him as she said it, suddenly becoming self-conscious.
He smiled at her and disappeared. He reappeared across the room, by an old antique vanity. She saw him open the drawer, with unnatural speed and he reappeared beside London's chair.
"Wow. That was...impressive and...not humanly." London breathed.
"Well, no. It wasn't humanly. I'm not human..." John reminded her.
"Wow. I'd like to know what happens to your girlfriends..." London told him. He smiled.
"Don't worry, I'm gentle." He pointed out.
London smiled. He reached his hand out to give her a key that he had gotten out of the vanity.
"This," he said, taking her hand, and putting his (the one with the key) in hers. "Is a skeleton key. It can open any door in this house. I know it doesn't look like it would fit, but believe me, it will. You can lock the door and only you can open it to come and see me. If your mother comes up...I'll think of something you can tell her. Will I see you tomorrow?" John stared into her eyes.
"Yes. I can do my best," was London's simple reply. She wanted nothing more but to hug him at that moment, but she heard her mom yell again and she heard foot-steps going down the hall, toward the stairs. She kissed her hand twice quickly and turned, walking at the door. She stopped and locked it hastily, before taking of down the stairs and sliding onto her bed. She didn't sit down before she found one of her new magazines on the floor and picked it up, so as to make it look like she was reading the whole time. She heard her mother rap gently on the door twice, before coming in, uninvited.
Sign up to rate and review this story