Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Alchemic Journal

Alchemic Journal

by Gundamwinggirl 1 review

It was his story...yet in a way it was the story of his grandson as well. The journal contained everything, even his very essence...maybe in time the same could be said of his grandson.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance - Characters: Edward Elric, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-07-07 - Updated: 2005-07-08 - 564 words

0Boring
Alchemic Journal
Prologue
Years Past

It was an old leather book that hadn't been moved in a long time. The words on the front were almost unreadable and the leather was worn from use. The owner had had the journal for many years, having received it from his grandfather when he was only eight years old. He'd never open the journal, never really had a reason too, until now. It'd only been a few days since he'd been accepted into the Military as a State Alchemist, like both of his grandfathers and his father before him.

His older sister had also been a State Alchemist at one point in time, but she'd been gone for three years now. A war had broken out, another similiar to the Eastern Rebellion and she had fought...and died. He'd only been eighteen at the time, and his sister was twenty-two that year. His father had turned his back on the State and dropped out of its service, while his grandparents had only shaken their heads. When he'd told them of his plans, they'd been angry at first...but after listening to his side of the arguement they'd agreed to help.

So now he sat at his desk, the old leather journal in front of him. His hand traced the intricate design on the cover...an alchemic symbol...Flamel's snake. Underneath the symbol was a name in gold, the name of the true owner. His dark obsidian eyes sparkled as he looked at the name, a name well known around the world. The name wasn't the only other thing under the symbol, for under the name in gold was another name. Both names carried a sense of pride for his family, as well as honor and respect for the owner of the journal.

Another smile graced his features as his fingers trailed over the name in gold before he leaned back in the chair for a moment. The light caught the gold of the name, and a small chuckle escaped him as he opened the journal and looked upon the first page.

In this journal is my every thought,
and my every equation dealing with the science known as Alchemy.
From Human Transmutation to my inner conflicts,
everything has been recorded within this journal.
This is the story of my life, and the path that I took...
the man that I loved, the brother that I dyed for...and the father that I loathed.
This journal tells the secrets of the Philosopher's Stone,
and the inner workings of the Military.
It gives detailed accounts of the Homunculi,
and their symbol known as the Oroborus (or the snake that eats its tail).
Blood Seals and the steps of alchemy are also described, so take heed.
For whoever reads this will never be the same...they will learn things better left as secrets,
and they will know strangers as though they are best friends.
This is the story of my life...
The story of Edward Elric...the Fullmetal Alchemist.


Gwg: I have no idea where this came from...but it came and I went with it. This story touches upon many subjects, from people to alchemy and the State as well. Hopefully this story will leave you with a better sense of knowing the characters, and the science that makes a human feel like God. So please read and review!
Sign up to rate and review this story