Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Thing that You Never Had

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 6?"

by thexrealxme 4 reviews

Andy and Amy go on a date.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-18 - 1077 words

0Unrated
Frenchie189 and FrostedGlass = MY FAVORITE PEOPLE EVER :) THANKS GUYS!



Amy blinked awake a few times before her vision was clear of sleep. There was no one next to her. She looked over at the couch. No one on it. She sat up and wiped her eyes and went over everything that went on last night in her head. She slept in pretty late and wondered where everyone else was.
She heard voices upstairs so she planted her feet on the floor and started up the stairs. She was wearing shorts and a tank top and pulled her hair back in a messy type bun. Patrick and Andy were sitting on the bar stools in the middle of Patrick's kitchen talking and eatting.

"Hey guys." Amy said in a rather raspy voice.

"Hey sleepyhead... whats goin on?"

She looked at Patrick "Me sleepyhead? You were passed out on the couch last night before we even came home."

Andy looked up with embarrassment on his face. Amy all of a sudden got shy and sat down across from him.

She said in a low voice "How are you feeling?"

He lowered his eyes and looked ashamed "I'm fine. Really, thanks for everything last night."

"No, really it's fine. Do you need a ride home?"

"No, I'll take the bus."

Patrick chimed in. "No Andy, we'll take you. We're probably gonna go out anyway. It's not a big deal."

Andy didn't say anything. He just nodded. Amy bit her lip. She knew he was embarrassed about last night and she just really wanted him to know it was okay.

The car ride to Andy's was silent and when she pulled up to his house all he said was "Thank you very much for anything. I'm so sorry if I was a problem."
Before she could say anything back to him, he closed the door and walked up to his house.

"Dude I feel so bad for Andy. He's trying really hard to quit everything, but he just had one slip up."

Amy drove away "So you mean he's not always into that shit?"

"Nahh... not lately anyway. I think he just got carried away this time. I'm glad you went to get him though."

"Yeah me too... He seems like a really sweet guy. I hope things get better for him."

****

With the months flying by, everything seemed so routine. Amy, Patrick, and Pete would hang out almost every night. They went to concerts, the city, shopping, almost everywhere together. Pete kept reminding Amy of his love for her and she had to remind him that she didn't return his feelings.

One saturday, Amy picked up lunch from a cafe near Vintage Vinyl and brought Patrick one of his favorite sandwiches for lunch.
She walked in the hole in a wall shop and saw Andy behind the counter. She had to admit to herself that she was excited to see him. Patrick mentioned to her that he got help and made a complete turn around. He was now 'straight-edge' and boy, did he look good.

"Hey Andy!"

She propped herself on the stool next to the counter and began eatting her lunch. She had become a regular in the shop and knew almost all of the guys. She rarely got to see Andy though, so she was happy he was working that day.

"Whats up Amy?" He smiled at her and leaned in towards her, resting his elbows on the counter right in front of her.

"Nooooothing! And what about you? staying out of trouble?"

"Actually, yeah I am. Surprised?"

"No! Excited! except, I will miss our late night rescues... we had our moment."

She giggled. Oh my god, am I actually flirting? Is he actually flirting back?

Patrick walked out of the back and took his sandwhich without even saying hello or thank you.

Amy grunted at him "you're welcome rude!"

"Sorry, thanks."

Amy could tell he was in a grumpy mood so she decided not to bug him about it anymore. She focused her attention on Andy, and he couldn't focus on anything other than her as well.

"Hey Amy ... actually..."
he starting playing with his fingers and getting nervous.
"...there's this really cool art gallery that my brother got into. He invited me to go to the opening of it. Do you, maybe, want to go with me?"

Patrick let out a hard, short laugh while taking a bite of his sandwich.

Amy perked up and smiled wide "yeah! that sounds great. When is it?"

"Uhm its actually tomorrow. If it's too short of notice then I understand..."

"No! I would love to go, I'm not doing anything."

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 6?"

"Sounds good!"

She glanced at Patrick who looked at her and raised his eyebrows. This was the first time he ever saw her this way around a boy. It was a little weird.

***

6:00 the next day, Andy was at her house and they were on their way to the city.

They parked and walked to the gallery. It was a little chilly and Amy stayed close to Andy on the sidewalk.
The gallery was beautiful and Amy was impressed by Andy's brother's painting. It was just her taste.
They left the gallery a little after 9 and Andy asked her if she wanted to get something to drink and eat at the cafe on the street.
After she eagerly agreed, they sat in the cafe and sat there for a lot longer than they could keep track of. They talked about music, movies, school, their lives, everything.
"FUCK!" Amy looked at her watch. It was almost midnight. "I have to get home ... we have finals starting this week and I'm going to be swamped with work."

"No I understand, I'm sorry for keeping you out this late. I didn't realize the time."

Andy left money on the table and they got up. He held the door for her and kept close to her. She rubbed her arms to keep warm until they got in the car.
Before they pulled away Amy turned to Andy "I had a lot of fun tonight. I mean, thank you so much for inviting me."

He smiled at her and reached over and grabbed her hand. "Thank you for coming, we'll have to do something like this again sometime."

She leaned her head on his shoulder "Yes, soon!"

---------------------------

slow moving, i know i know, just stay with me here!
Sign up to rate and review this story