Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Trust & Betrayal

Part Eight: Dinner and a Show...

by kirayasha 0 reviews

One-shot in 16 parts. Jakotsu and Renkotsu learn the hard way that sake, curiosity and lust don't mix. Even the strongest will shatter when betrayal is involved...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bankotsu, Jakotsu - Warnings: [R] [X] - Published: 2006-10-21 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 1455 words

0Unrated
Part Eight: Dinner and a Show...






Jakotsu was startled out of his sleep when the shoji behind him suddenly opened and he almost fell through. Bankotsu, who had locked himself in the room while he brooded the whole day away, finally emerged to eat some dinner.

Jakotsu looked up at him timidly from his place on the floor, hoping with all his might that Bankotsu was no longer angry with him. Those hopes were dashed when his beloved leader looked down on him with a glare so cold and angry that Jakotsu was frozen to the spot. Without a word the leader of the Shichinintai turned away from the cross-dresser and headed towards the Inn's dining hall.

Jakotsu watched him go with wide frightened eyes. He had never experienced such cold rejection from anyone before, let alone his beloved. He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes, and he sat there silently weeping, until a passing guest pulled him from his mind-numbing reverie.

"Are you alright, Miss?"

"Yes... thank you," the cross-dresser replied softly as he let the man help him up. "I was on my way to dinner when I slipped," he lied.

"Are you sure you're alright?" the man asked and the concern written all over his face made Jakotsu start to cry again as it reminded him painfully of Bankotsu.

"Yes, I'm fine, really I am. I'm just being silly," Jakotsu tittered into his sleeve, playing the coquette.

The man smiled and let the matter drop. "Would you like me to accompany you to the dining hall?"

"No thank you, I'll be okay. Please, if you don't mind I'd rather walk there by myself..." he said softly as he gently cupped the man's cheek.

"Even though it's against my better judgment to let you go by yourself, I make it a rule to never argue with a pretty lady..." the man said as he took Jakotsu's hand and held it for several heartbeats before letting go.

Inwardly sighing with relief, Jakotsu flashed the man his sunniest smile, before turning on his heel and hurrying off towards the dining room.

"Wait! You never told me your name!!" the man cried at Jakotsu's retreating form.

Meanwhile, Mukotsu, Ginkotsu, and Kyokotsu were already there, and were beginning to eat the pile of food set before them. They looked up when their leader approached, giving him a nod, and Bankotsu nodded back, before sitting down to partake of some nutrition himself.

Jakotsu came to the table ten minutes later, looking like a lost puppy that had been left out in the cold, freezing rain. Mukotsu's and Ginkotsu's eyes shifted back and forth between Jakotsu and Bankotsu, both wondering if their leader was going to stand up and smash his subordinate's skull in or not. Kyokotsu, however, seemed completely indifferent to the drama taking place between his comrades and continued to munch on his food without interruption.

Jakotsu sat there, eying his lover surreptitiously, as he picked at his food. He was worried about Bankotsu, as the young leader of the Shichinintai seemed pale and drawn not to mention he was also picking at his food. The cross-dresser was also feeling uncomfortable with all the attention the others paid to him and he was about to snap an angry comment off about it when felt his lover staring at him. He tittered nervously, smiling at Bankotsu as if nothing was wrong, when Bankotsu closed his eyes in disgust and turned away from him.

"Aniki-chan..." Jakotsu said softly.

Bankotsu steadfastly ignored him as he suddenly found his teacup to be far more interesting than his paramour.

"Aniki-chan...?"

"What do you want?" Bankotsu said tersely, without looking over at Jakotsu.

"I'm not hungry..." Jakotsu said softly, "and I was wondering if you wanted my fish... I thought if you ate it, it'd help you get better faster..."

Whatever Bankotsu was going to say died on his lips as his attention, as well as the others', was drawn by Suikotsu's arrival.

Suikotsu stopped and greeted his teammates with a nod.

"Where is Renkotsu?" Ginkotsu asked, apprehension clearly heard in his metallic voice. All day long he had been worried about Suikotsu's reaction to Renkotsu's folly. And he feared the worst for his friend if Suikotsu's violent side had decided to take matters into his own hands.

"He is fine. He is resting; he did not get much sleep last night." Suikotsu threw a cold glance over to Jakotsu.

And recovering from you cutting him up, Jakotsu thought bitterly, sipping his tea.

"I just came down to collect some food to take to our room to eat," Suikotsu said simply. "Is that all right?" He looked to Bankotsu.

"That won't be necessary." Renkotsu slowly approached the table.

Jakotsu felt his heart grow little heavier. In the better light of the dining area Renkotsu looked even worse than before. He was so pale, and wobbly he looked as if he might collapse at any moment. It was almost frightening to see the indomitable fire-breather in that state. Yet, the cross-dresser was amazed at how well Renkotsu was hiding it, if he hadn't seen the fire-breather all torn up before; he might not have guessed how bad Renkotsu really was.

Apparently Suikotsu thought so too. "You shouldn't be up. Go back and sleep."

"Nonsense, I am quite all right and very hungry." Renkotsu put on his usual face as if nothing was wrong at all, though he gulped a little at the harsh gaze Bankotsu was leveling him with.

Unfortunately, the only space left at the table was next to Jakotsu. Renkotsu slowly sat down and looked very uncomfortable in doing so, though that could have been from his other injuries as well.

"Gesh. Renkotsu, welcome to the table." Ginkotsu innocently reached around behind Jakotsu and gave Renkotsu a friendly slap on the back.

Renkotsu let out a strangled gasp and cringed as the mending gashes on his back were torn open again from the impact of Ginkotsu's strong hand. Both Suikotsu and Jakotsu winced as they imagined exactly what happened.

Suikotsu put a hand on Renkotsu's shoulder. The fire-breather's body trembled a little as he tried to swallow a scream of excruciating pain, while remaining as stoic as possible. Jakotsu felt another pang of guilt rip through his chest and he reached out; innocently placing a hand on Renkotsu's other shoulder.

That was the last straw. Bankotsu slammed his hands down on the table, causing the edge to break off where he struck it. "You just can't keep your hands off of him can you? You little slut!"

The entire dining hall fell silent. Even Kyokotsu stopped in mid bite and turned to look at his leader in surprise. Bankotsu stood there, panting, wheezing, and sweating as his broken ribs protested his sudden actions.

"Aniki-chan. What...What did I do?" Jakotsu stared at his Bankotsu, absolutely petrified. He had seen Bankotsu this angry many times before, but never at him.

"Are you blind as well as ignorant?!" Bankotsu snarled then gasped at the pain in his chest. He then turned on his heel and stormed toward his room.

Everyone in the dining remained a still as death for a few moments, before a rush of whispers ran through the room as people spoke and gossiped about the drama the strange group of seven men was creating.

Jakotsu sat there open-mouthed in shock. He felt as if Bankotsu had just shoved Banryuu right through his heart. Jakotsu staggered to his feet and ran off after his beloved leader. In his blind pursuit he almost crashed headlong into the strange man he had met earlier. "Sorry," the cross-dresser rasped out quickly and kept going.

"Hey, wait I still don't know your..." the man called out to Jakotsu, but the aggrieved Shichinintai warrior paid no heed to it. "...name."

The man sighed in defeat. "I'm guess, I'm just unlucky..."

"You should consider yourself very lucky you're not getting mixed up with that woman."

Another guest came up to him. "I heard that she was discovered this morning in the storage room with a man who was not her husband. Then just now her husband was yelling at her, and called her a...well...he implied she was a trollop. Apparently he found out. Oh, what a drama this is. Quite entertaining. Either way you would not want to get mixed up in it."

"Uh...yeah..." the man stood there, looking absolutely dumbfounded.

"Shit..." Suikotsu sighed closing his eyes. "A rib is probably going to puncture Oo-Aniki's lungs now..."

Renkotsu let out a half sigh, half growl and his head drooped in his hands.

"Bad day?" Mukotsu smirked over at the fire-breather.

"Shut up..."
Sign up to rate and review this story