Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 53 1000 Times I'm Sorry

by Reign_Madden 4 reviews

please r&r

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 3736 words

0Unrated
Normal p.o.v

'Good morning sunshine' Benji says to as you sink into the couch
'Oh don't shout' you plead
'Here drink this' he orders handing you a coffee
'I'll never drink alcohol again...ever' you say accepting the hot coffee.
'Yeah okay' he says sarcasticaly
'I won't, look at me' you say catching your reflection in the coffee table as you place your mug on it.
'I must admit your new look is turning me on' he says taking in your appearance. 'you've got this slutty hooker thing going on.'
'It doesn't take much does it' you reply playfully. 'Where is everyone?'
'Everyone's on our bus, they didn't want to wake you.'
'What the hell happened yesterday?' you ask unsurely.
'You don't remember?'
'Parts of it'
'Which parts?'
'You and Alyssa, dancing and lots of cosmopolitans and tequila.'
'Is that all?' he cries in surprise.
'Yeah why what else happened?' you say racking your brains trying to remember.
'In short, you got very drunk with some guy, who drugged your drink but Lisa drank it and she got drugged then you both passed out and we bought you home.' He says quickly
'Are you seri...OMG where is Lisa now?' you cry feeling yourself starting to panic.
'Calm down, she's fine now she's in your bunk.' he reassures you
'Imagine what could have happened to her, this is all my fault.' You say hiding your face.
'It's not your fault, well it is a little but everyone here thinks it's my fault.' He says honestly
'Why would it be your fault...You told them?'
'No I didn't I just told them we had a fight and you stormed off.' he replies.

Benji's p.o.v

I knew she wouldn't remember what she said to me, but it didn't matter. I was debating whether to tell her what she said and did last night.
'I bet that conversation was a real treat' she says breaking my thoughts.
'It was, one of the best I'd ever had actually' I reply sarcastically
'What did Gerard say to you?'she asks
'It wasn't Gerard actually, it was Bob who went into overdrive' I say
'I'm really sorry' She apologises 'I've messed up big time'
'Forget about it, everyone will get over it eventually.' I say 'Where are you going? I ask as she gets up.
'Can you start breakfast I'm going to run over to the other bus and kiss some serious ass.' she says stretching.
'Don't you want to get dressed first?'I say eyeing her tiny shorts and vest.
'No I figure I look more vulnerable in my pj's' she replies
'Well here take my jacket it's cold out' I order taking my jacket off and helping her into it.
'Thanks I'll be right back' she says

Joel's p.o.v

I'd been awake for about 10mins I wanted to go and check on Lisa and Reign but I thought I should give them some more time to sleep. I woke up to find everyone awake and playing the X-Box.
Gerard and Frankie came over about 20 minutes before I got up.
'Did everyone sleep well?' I ask knowing they hadn't
'Yeah it was the best sleep ever' Mikey says sarcastically
Just then Reign came through the door wearing Benji's jacket and God knows whose shoes they were at least three sizes to big.
'I'm so sorry' she says launching herself at me and throwing her arms around my neck.
'Reign_it's_okay' I managed to get out as she was squeezing me tightly.
'Really' she says standing back
'Yes really it's fine. I say hugging her properly.
'Good because I'd hate for you to be mad at me'
'Personally I'm not mad at you but the others might be.'
'I gathered that, that's why I'm totally ready to grove' she says looking at the others.

Normal p.o.v

Two down so many more to go, you think to yourself.
You look around the living area and Frankie, Mikey, Billy and Ray spread out playing a game.
'I'm really sorry you guys' you say standing in front of the telly
'Sure you are, out the way' Frankie says
'No really I am and I realise that I ruined yesterday for you all but I'll make it up I promise.'
'How?' Billy asks pausing the game
'How ever you want me to?' you say smiling 'Please forgive me?'
'We'll think about it' Ray says looking at the others
'Oh okay I'll just wait here till you do' you say folding your arms
'Alright I forgive you for ruining last night' Mikey says
'What about the rest of you?'you ask hopefully
'We forgive you just get out the way of the TV' Billy replies.
'Yay' you exclaim running over and throwing yourself onto him hugging him.
'Ok ok get off' he says smiling.
You run around throwing your self on each of them, kissing them and apologising.
'You know Benji is cooking breakfast on the other bus' you mention climbing off of Frankie.
'Yes I'm straving' Billy says
'Are Bob and Gerard sleeping?' you ask.
'Yeah Gerard came here just so he could go to sleep' Joel says taking the control form Mikey.

Lisa p.o.v

My head was aching and I was sweating like a pig. I rolled over to see Paul asleep beside me. I can't for the life of me remember anything that happened last night.
'Baby wake up' I say nudging him gently
'Hey sweetness' he says turning onto his side so he could face me.
'I feel really crappy' I whine lying back down
'I'm so glad your okay' he says getting up 'I'll be right back'
He comes back a couple of minutes later with a bottle of water.
'Thanks' I say opening the bottle and taking a couple of sips.
'I was so worried about you' he says kissing me
'What happened?' I ask.
'That guy Reign was dancing with drugged her drink and you drank it, which is why you feel the way you do.' he explains
'Oh no, are you kidding?' I ask even though I know he isn't.
'I wish, you passed out in the bathroom and Reign found you.'
'OMG did anyone...'
'No one touched you, Reign found you pretty quickly.'he says cutting me off.
'She must feel awful, where is she?'I ask
'I don't know, don't worry about her right now, just concentrate on you'
'It's really quiet, where is everyone?' I say noticing the silence.
'Benji's in the kitchen and the others all jumped ship so they wouldn't wake you up.'
'That was nice of them. I really need a shower' I state looking at myself
'Do what you gotta do, I'll go help Benji finish breakfast.' he says getting out the bunk allowing me to stand up.
'Do you need to go to the hospital?' He asks
'No honey I feel fine just a little tired' I say walking toward the bathroom.
'Hey' he says catching my arm and embracing me 'I love you'
'I love you too' I say kissing him
He pulls back and walks out leaving me to get dressed.

Normal p.o.v

You walk into the bunk area, where Gerard and Bob were sound asleep, the best time to talk to Bob was when he was sleeping.
'Bobbie' you say stroking his head
'umm'
'It's me Reign'
'Hey Kid, how you doing?' he asks not opening his eyes
'I'm fine'
'I'm glad, you had us worried for a second, how's your girl?'
'I dunno, she wasn't up when I got up.'
'Bob I'm so sorry...'
'I know and you're welcome, just don't get all soppy'
'I won't' you say smiling 'I love you'
'Oh don't say that, that's disgusting' he says rolling over so he's facing the wall
'Say it back then' you whisper
'No way am I saying it' he replies gruffly
'C'mon say it'
'Reign fuck off'
'Ok ok' you say smiling and throwing the cover over his head.

Gerard's p.o.v

I was awake I was lying here listening to Reign talking to Bob. I knew she'd be over here kissing ass next, but I wasn't about to make it easy for her.
'Wakey wakey' she whispers sliding in next to me.
'Go away Reign'
'I'm here to say I'm sorry'
'Sorry's not good enough'
'I know'
'Do you realise what could've happened to you last night, what could've happened to Lisa?' I ask turning to face her
'Yes' she says quietly 'I didn't mean for that to happen, I know what I did was stupid but I promise to be more careful.'
'You don't seem to understand he could have raped you or worse, he could've killed you'I exclaim.
'I aware of that, but...'
'No buts you've got smarten up, we won't always be here to bail you out. You moan about how over protective we are of you, but can you see why?'
'Yes.' She amswers quietly I could see she was trying not to cry. I'd never talked to her like this before but she needed to hear it.
'I'm didn't mean to make you worry or make you mad' she whispers.
'I'm not mad Reign I'm disappointed.' I say turning away from her.
'Please don't...'
'Look I'm really tired, we can finish this later' I say brushing her off.
She doesn't answer, but I feel the mattress rise as she leaves.

Normal p.o.v

You get to the living area entry way and quickly wipe your eyes. Your not sure what's worse the fact that he was being off with you or that he was disappointed. You know what you did was stupid but why was he so mad about it?
When you get back into the living area the TV's off and it's empty. You put Frankie's trainers and Benji's jacket back on and head over to your bus.
'You okay' Joel asks the second you walk through the door.
'Yes' you lie kicking off your trainers and hanging your jacket up.
You walk over and fold yourself in his arms.
'Gerard's not happy with me at all' you whisper so know one else can hear.
'Don't worry he'll come around' he assures you
'You know what he said, he said he wasn't mad but he was disappointed'
'Ouch, we'll he can't be disappointed forever.' Joel says letting you go.

Lisa's p.o.v

'Alright you hungry beasts of burden, breakfast is served' I hear Paul shout.
I was feeling really tired but I was starving.
I walk into the living area and the first person I see is Reign, she looked how I felt and that was wrecked.
I took her a second but then she's spots me.
'Lisa' she cries running at me and hugging me 'I'm so sorry it's all my fault.'
'It's okay Reign' I say hugging her back.
'No it's not okay, I put you in danger and I'm so sorry' she says 'I'm so glad you're alright'
'You too' I say smiling
'I promise to make it up to you.'she says
'Don't worry about it. I'm ok' I say as we pull away 'I'm fine and all is forgiven, but what were you thinking?'
'I don't know it all just got out of hand...'
'Not that I'm taking about the guy you were dancing with he was, how do I put this politely...unattractive.'
'Nooo was he? How unattractive?
'He was maybe a five out of ten'I say honestly
'A five, I've never danced with anyone less then a seven'
'I know, it must've been the alcohol.' I reply
'Well that's it I swear to never get drunk again' she says with distaste.
'I'm glad to hear it you would've had to live with that for the rest of your life.' I state truthfully.

Normal p.o.v

'Ok timeout, I speak for every male in the room when I say you girls are insane. You two nearly got ruined yesterday and the thing your discussing is the attractiveness of the guy Reign danced with.' Paul says.
'Yeah' you both answer in unison
'That's...I don't even know what that is' he says taking a bite of his toast.
You leave Lisa and sit on the couch putting you legs either side of Frankie who was sitting on the floor.
'You know Zero, you should really thank Benji, he knocked the guy out so technically he saved you' Frankie says looking up at you
'He did? He never mentione dthat to me.' you say glancing at him quickly.
'Yep' Frankie replies 'he kicked his ass, so you should kiss his'
You get up and walk over to Benji as he places his plate in the sink.
'Frankie told me you punched that guy for me' you say
'Yeah kind of' he says blushing slightly 'it's no big deal'
'Yeah it is your my hero' you say hugging him.
'I have to fight for you sometime right?' he whispers squeezing you before letting you go.
You pull back, slightly shocked by what he said.
'Plus what kind of person would I be if I let you dance with a five' he says seriously.

The next stop on the tour list is Boston Massachusetts, it takes about 6 hours to get there, but what makes it better is the guys aren't scheduled to play till tomorrow, which means you have one more night in Buffalo.

The rest of the morning went well the guys filled you in on what happened from their point of view. They told you everything and you were surprised to know that Adam had been on board to give them a hand. You don't even remember him being there.
You were unaware, but Gerard invited him to breakfast and he came with freshly baked muffins which made the guys happy.
Over breakfast Adam told you and the guys all about himself and they seemed to warm to him all except for Benji and Frankie.
Gerard barely said two words to you all morning, every time you talked to him, he'd either give you a one-word answer or just shrugged his shoulders.

Earlier you agreed to do what ever it takes to make it up to the guys. Mikey made you read to him three chapters of some book, Ray made you clean all the band equiptment and Billy demanded that you feed him all of his meals for the whole day. The others haven't come up with anything yet, but you know it won't be good.

Gerard's p.o.v
Flashback 2000

'I promise as long as you stay with me I'll never let anyone or anything hurt you ever, I'll do whatever I can to protect you' I said watching Reign's silhouette rising and falling with each breath. It'd been a couple of hours since she received a letter from home and it had crushed her. Seeing her in so much pain stirred something in me and I vowed to try and prevent that happening again. I kissed her head and covered her over leaving her to sleep.
'You checked on her again didn't you' Mikey accuses when I reach the living room.
'Yes' I said slighlty shamefaced 'I can't help it'
'Poor kid' Bob replied downing the last of his beer. 'She's had a lot of hurt.'
'That's the last of it though' I stated
'What do you mean?' Frankie asked pausing the song he was strummimg.
'I mean that as long as she stays here and if I can prevent it, I'll protect her so she won't have to feel that way again' I explained
'Gerard, that's admirable and all but you can't protect her always.' Ray said logically
'I know but I'm gonna try' I said 'I love a good challenge.'

Present

I was pretending to read a book while the others played their various games and conversations. What I was actually doing was thinking, I knew if I had the book in front of me I was less likey to be disturbed, which gave me some time to think.

'What do I have to do to make it up to you?' Reign says kneeling beside me.
'Nothing' I say simply
'Well there has to be something I can do?' she says tapping my knees playfully.'
'Can you stop that?' I ask looking at her hands on my knees.
'I said I was sorry, I hate it when your mad at me' she whines
'I'm not mad...'
'I know your disapointed' she finishes for me 'But there must be a way to undisapoint you?'
'That's not even a word'I say putting the book down.
'I know why your disapointed in me and I'm being totally sincere when I say I'll be more careful, coz I will be in future. You know me and you know I can take care of myself, yesterday was just a little mistake on my behalf.' she explains 'I won't moan anymore when you advise me on safety I swear.'
'Have you finished?' I ask
'Yes' she says smiling
'Good.' I say turning back to what I was doing

Normal p.o.v
You stand up and walk away from Gerard feeling annoyed. You throw yourself in the chair next to Ray.
What was his problem? It's not like he's never made a life threatening mistake before, let's not forget that he nearly got run over once. Well if he wants to be like that then fine. Your done kissing ass when he's ready to talk then you'll be ready to listen but for now your done grovelling.

16.00

Joel's p.o.v

'I'm going to do some laundry, if anybody wants anything washed please put it in those two duffel bags' Reign announces motioning to two bags by the door.
There was a stampede for the bunk area and Benji and Billy run off the bus.
'Where they going?' she asks me.
'To get their dirty laundry' I answer 'you might as well do ours too'
'Gerard do you want anything washed?' she asks timidly he'd barely spoken to her all day. I knew it was hurting her, everytime he ignored her she got this sad look in her eyes.
'No thanks' he replies walking off the bus to have a cigarette
'See...why is he being like this I said I was sorry' she moans to me.
'He'll come around, I think he's sort of mad at himself too'
'Why would he be mad at himself?'
'Mikey told me that Gerard feels responsible for you, so can you imaging how he's feeling about last night?' I respond
'He shouldn't feel bad, it's not his job to look out for me' she says.
'It's none of our jobs but we all do it, don't we?' I reply 'Look at it this way if I saved your life wouldn't you feel like it was your duty to protect me?'
'Yes...' she trails off
'Give him time, by tonight you'll be back to normal.' I assure her.

Normal p.o.v

'Can you guys hurry up' you call out. You had walked over to Good Charlotte's bus, as Billy and Benji hadn't returned with their dirty laundry.
'I've got mine' Billy says walking past you out the door.
'Good go put it in the bag.' you say watching him leave
'Benji hurry up, I want to get there today not tomorrow' you say walking into the bunk area.
'Where are you?' you call out when you don't see him
'I'm in the bathroom'he answers
'What are you doing in there?'
'What do you think?'he says
'Ew! you know masturbation will make you go blind' you tease
'I'm not masturbating' he cries
'What ever you say' you reply jokingly
You pick up some clothes of the floor and put them on the bed when you hear Benji's phone ringing.
'Reign can you get that please' he shouts
'Yeah' you say reluctantly, as you remember what happened last time you answered his phone.
'Hello' you answer
'Hi' the voice on the other end says
'Can I help you?' you ask
'It's Alyssa' she replies
'Err hi' you say awkwardly as your heart starts pounding against your chest 'Benji's in the bathroom, I'll tell him to call you back.'
'Wait don't hang up, it's you who I really want to talk to'
'Me why do you want to talk to me?' you ask nervously
'I have something to tell you.' she answers

Benji's p.o.v

'Reign' I say grabbing the dirty laundry off the bed and carrying it into living area.
'What's wrong?' I ask dropping the clothes into the chair, she has the strangest look on her face.
'I just spoke to Alyssa' she replies looking at me.
'Not this again, We really aren't together Reign and I know you don't believe me but...' I was cut off as I felt her lips collide with mine. I felt her arms around the back of my neck, as she opened her mouth deepening the kiss.
I pull her closer to me feeling her body against mine as my tongue caress hers.
'I'm so sorry' she whispers breaking the kiss. 'She told me everything'
'She did?' I say catching my breath, thank God.
'I'm sorry' she says again
'Its okay' I say kissing her
'I was just so angry and I didn't listen when you tried to explain' she replies hugging me.
'Shh' I say stroking her hair. 'It doesn't matter anymore.'
'I'm so sorry' she says pulling back and looking in my eyes.
'I know it's alright baby' I answer pulling her close to me again.
I let the silence fall between us, I was just enjoying holding her again, feeling her in my arms. To be perfectly honest I was scared. I was afraid that this was only a temporary thing, and that in less the two weeks she'd go back to Jersey and that would be it. If that was the case then I'd rather let her go now then continue holding her and feeling all the things I was feeling now.
'I really think we should talk' we both say at the same time, making each other laugh.
'Come to dinner with me?' I ask letting her go
'I wouldn't miss it for the world' she says smilling at me.

Sign up to rate and review this story