Categories > Original > Drama > A story of Courage

Chapter 8

by Sing2009 0 reviews

yeah this is the last chapter i hope you enjoyed this story.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 487 words

0Illiterate
"Where's my mom I need to see my mom." "Emma I'm right here." "Where is Greg what happened to Greg? Is he in jail?" "Yeah but he now has two attempts of murder against him so Emma you wont have to worry about him ever again. The judge sentenced him to 85 years in prison with no chance of parole. How are holding up?" "I'm doing just fine mom thanks." "Well I am going to go down stairs for a little while I'll be back soon." Right after my mom left the nurse came in and gave me a once over "Emma you are alright you can go home after your mom comes back you will have to come back to the hospital daily to get new dressings for your wounds. Here's a packet on caring for them, I very glad you are okay. I'll go phone your mom while you dress." "Okay thanks." We went home and everything went back to normal. Around the end of the school year I was very close to being due but I wanted to graduate with everyone. I woke the day of graduation at 4 in the morning with horrible contractions. How did I know that the baby was going to come on the day of graduation? Well my mother totally freaked! "Emma we have to leave now lets go" so we left for the hospital. I couldn't believe that it had been almost a year since what happened. I haven't even made a name up for him/her yet. We got there and then my water broke the baby was coming and no one was going to stop him/her. I was in labor for a total of an hour and 43 minutes at the end of all of that I had given birth to a little baby boy. My mom asked me what I was going to name him. "I am going to name you Aiden after my dad. Look at his little fingers." "Emma that is a perfect name, he is just adorable." "Too bad I can't graduate with my class." Just then my principal walks into the room "what are you talking about you have earned your graduation and any way you can leave by 12 and that will give you enough time to get to the school." "So we did leave at 12 I took my wonderful baby boy with me" Aiden and I graduated since we had gone through so much together I figured why cant he be with me as mommy gets her diploma. Everyone in the school was cheering for Aiden and me. I may have had some tough times but we made it through. This very timid girl in my class came up to me after graduation and she told me "your story is one of true courage. Thank you for the inspiration." I call it my life but others call it a story of courage.
Sign up to rate and review this story