Categories > Original > Fantasy > God Has No Place Here

An Attack

by herk444 1 review

After Rosanne comes to visit, Lucinda begins to act very strange. ((Short chapter, but action packed!))

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-26 - Updated: 2006-10-26 - 1114 words

-1Predictable
"But first on earth, as Vampyre sent,
Thy corpse shall from its tomb be rent;
Then ghastly haunt thy native place,
And Suck the blood of all thy race;
There from thy daughter, sister, wife,
At midnight drain the stream of life;
Yet loathe the banquet, which perforce
Must feed thy livid living corpse,
Thy victims, ere they yet expire,
Shall know the demon for their sire;
As cursing thee, thou cursing them,
Thy flowers are withered on the stem.
But one that for thy crime must fall,
The youngest, best beloved of all,
Shall bless thee with a father's name--
That word shall wrap thy heart in flame!
Yet thou must end thy task and mark
Her cheek's last tinge--her eye's last spark
And the last glassy glance must view
Which freezes o'er its lifeless blue;
Then with unhallowed hand shall tear
The tresses of her yellow hair,
Of which, in life a lock when shorn
Affection's fondest pledge was worn-
But now is borne away by thee
Memorial to thine agony!
Yet with thine own best blood thall drip
Thy gnashing tooth, and haggard lip;
Then stalking to thy sullen grave
Go-and with Ghouls and Afrits rave,
Till these on horror shrink away
From spectre more accursed than they."

--anonymous

---------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Lucinda's mind was racing. Not only had she just witnessed something very out of the ordinary, her cousin had discovered her book that would most definitely create trouble, and now Rosanne was at her home.

"Perfect, simply perfect." She thought to herself as she led her friend to the sitting room. They walked in silence along the corridor which seemed to suddenly be so warm and confining.

Lucinda flipped back a lock of hair and smiled towards Rosanne. "So, what brought you here?" She asked, trying to keep conversation light.

"Well, my brothers left the house, heavens if I know where they went, and father has gone to see the Bentons." The redhead was careful to avoid her friend's eyes.

"The Bentons? Why on earth would--." And then the moment of dawning comprehension hit. "You..." She stuttered, once for once in her life Lucinda Branch was unable to find the words to say.

"I know! It's horrible!" Rosanne exclaimed.

Lucinda patted her friend's curly head and sat her down upon a maroon velvet couch.

"Well, it is not so bad. They are rich after all." The grey eyed child said with a smirk. Rosanne picked up her head from the shoulder of her friend.

"Is that all you can think about? Material things?" She asked, her clear eyes welling up with tears. Lucinda stared stony faced back towards her.

"You would be able to live in comfort, never having to lift a finger! And you will be adorned in the most beautiful of silks!" She continued to muse.

"Lucinda! When it's all gone...you...you can't take it with you when you die!" Rosanne finished with a frown.

A smile began to spread itself across Lucinda's face. Her expression soon changed from that of contentment to something evil and somehow demonic. Rosanne scooted away, distancing herself.

"Who are you?" She cried in a futile attempt to understand her long time companion's change in attitude. "You haven't attended church in weeks! Father John is becoming so worried... What has happened to you?"

Lucinda's smile did not fade. "Do you remember that book I showed you last month?" Her companion nodded slowly. "I have begun to understand it. The language is very close to the Latin that father has been making me study." She said, her tone departing from that of a thirteen year old and transforming into something much darker.

"I do intend to take it all with me, for I intend on never dying. I shall live forever once I am able to secure a way to pass from this world into that of the shadows where the Vampyre live." Lucinda mused, she seemed quite proud of herself.

Rosanne however, looked quite confused. "What is this 'Vampyre' of which you speak? Some sort of witchcraft?" She asked, an air of cautiousness in her voice.

Lucinda laughed, no, she cackled at this. Rosanne backed further away, her eyes shifting from Lucinda to the door, wondering what on earth she had stumbled upon. Lucinda noticed this and smirked inwardly.

The raven haired youth lunged forward and grabbed her friend by the shoulders.
Rosanne squealed but was suddenly silenced as her friend began speaking.

"They are the children of the devil. The vampyre live forever and never grow old. They are the supreme race of the earth and I-intend-to-become-one!" She hissed the last few words in a tone that was dangerous.

"What in God's name is wrong with you?!" Rosanne cried, still struggling beneath the surprisingly strong girl.

"GOD HAS NO PLACE HERE!!!" Lucinda yelled into her friend's ear.

Just then, the door banged open to reveal Liam, holding the ancient book in one hand. "ENOUGH!" He roared.

He looked downwards at the two girls, Lucinda on top of Rosanne, clutching her by the shoulders.

"Liam!" Lucinda said, her tone changing immediately as she got to her feet and straightened out her dress. "I hope we didn't disturb you I-"

She was cut short by Liam grasping her by the front of the dress and thrusting her forwards into the wall. Lucinda fell limp to the ground after making a very large crack in the wall.

Rosanne made another shriek at this. "You killed her! You killed her!" She fell to the ground and buried her face in her hands.

"Oh stand up you silly girl, she's not dead...I can still hear her heartbeat." He muttered, offering the redhead his hand. She took it and stood warily. He then grasped her jaw and pulled her to his face, his eyes wild.

"You will go strait home and beg the devil that if I find out that you told a single soul anything that you saw here, that my master will show mercy." He released her and gestured towards the door. "Leave us."

Rosanne made good his word and hurried out the door, still crying silently.

Liam then turned to the crumpled form of his beautiful cousin. "Now then...Let me assume that it is the magic bestowed in this book that has given you these strange powers, mood swings, and sudden thirst for power?" He mused, now standing over her as she stirred.

Lucinda slowly opened her eyes and looked up. "Yes..." She breathed ever so faintly. And then the world for Lucinda Branch went black.

((I promise she is NOT dead. Review and I will explain in-depth in the next chappie!!))
Sign up to rate and review this story