Categories > Anime/Manga > Dramacon

Lips of an Angel

by Lesa 2 reviews

Songfic to Hinder's 'Lips of an Angel' Wishful thinking on what might happen after #2. Fluffy. I may continue this, if given incentive!

Category: Dramacon - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-10-30 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 668 words

1Boring
Christie, Matt and Emily property of Svetlana Chmakova, Lips of an Angel property of Hinder.
Only the idea is mine. Not all of the song is used.


Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now
Honey why you crying is everything okay?


Christie dialed without thinking. It was only when he picked up that she realized her mistake.
"Hello?" Matt's voice filled the room. She couldn't say anything, struck dumb.
His voice took on a sharper edge.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" She had to speak; she couldn't just leave him like that.
"M-Matt..."
"Chriss?"
"Matt...I..."
"Chriss, what is it? What's wrong?" Even through the phone he knew she was crying. He knew something was wrong.
"Matt..." Christie couldn't get her breath. She never thought he would speak to her again, and here he was, trying to comfort her!

I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud
Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you


"Chriss, what's wrong?"
"I-I need to talk to Sandra." She couldn't hang up on him, and talking to Sandra would be the next best thing to Bethie.
"She's out. It's ok, what ever it is, you can tell me." She hadn't heard that comforting tone to his voice for a year and a half.
"I-I-Matt-I..."
"It's ok."
"I-Why are you whispering?"
"Emily's on the couch. I don't want her to get upset...but talk to me. Tell me what's wrong."
"Matt-"

I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel


"Matt-I think I love you."
There was silence on the other end of the phone.

Hearing those words it makes me weak
And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel


Christie panicked, and began to babble.
"I was trying to call Bethie, to admit it to her, but then I dialed your number, so I decided to tell Sandra, but now..."
"I dream of you."
Four little words from him, and now her end of the line was silent.
"Does your boyfriend know you're not in love with him? Because if you bring him to the Con, I don't want to have to fight him like I did that bastard."
"I dream of you too. Have you told Emily?" She found her voice and met his challenge, refusing to answer his question.
"No, she'd pull a hissy fit if she knew."

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And yes I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me
Will it start a fight?
No I don't think she has a clue
Well my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you


"Peter knows. It turns out I talk in my sleep. That's why I was calling. He broke up with me, and I wanted to see if I might have a chance with you. I-I'm sorry, I'll go now. You didn't need to hear that. I'm sorry I told you...I don't want to mess things up between you and Emily."
"No, wait, Chriss. It's alright. I meant what I said, I dream of you. Emily's been rocky with me ever since the Con. She's gotten too protective, too smothering. She and I both know we need to move on, soon. We're getting ready to tear each other's throats out."
"Matt...I guess three days is enough to fall in love."

I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel


"Yeah, it sure seems that way." She could sense his grin through the phone.
"Well...good night. Talk to you tomorrow?" Christie barely held back a yawn.
"Of course."
"Hey, Chriss?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you."

Honey, why you calling me so late?
Sign up to rate and review this story