Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Birthday Blues

by darks00 3 reviews

It's Joeys birthday! Then why isn't he happy?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-30 - Updated: 2006-10-31 - 943 words

2Original
Chapter 13: Birthday Blues

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

RING, RING, RING!

The ringing of the phone is what woke me up. Darn phone, who could it be this late? Just when I comfy and finally fell asleep. I looked at my alarm clock- it was midnight. I moaned, as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

RING, RING, RING!

Before I got the phone, I realized something. It was the exact moment I turned fifteen. But who would call this late? Maybe someone remembered it was my birthday, and wanted to wish me a happy one. But my heart was broken when it was Megan on the phone...crying. She asked me to come to the hospital right away.

_______________________________________________________________

AT THE HOSPITAL:

I ran into the hospital, out of breath. The hospital was only a few blocks away, but it sure takes the breath out of you when you're running the whole way. Why would Megan want me at the hospital? Who was hurt? I looked, I didn't find Megan-I found Kenny and Klaus.

"Joey, thank God you're here," Kenny said.

Kenny had a serious expression on his face. I knew that was a bad sign. He was NEVER serious.

"Is Megan going to be alright? She didn't tell me what happened on the phone..."

"Joey, it's her mother," Klaus told me, "She's dying."

"Dying?" I asked in confusion.

"Yeah. She was driving," Kenny began to explain. "A semi make too sharp of a turn at a four way stop and the load he was caring hit her head on. They don't think she's going to hold on much longer."

Poor Megan...

I knew her dad ran away with another women when she was born. She never had a father and she's about to lose her mother when she's only fifteen.

"Where's Megan and Amy?" I asked.

"With their mom." Klaus said. "The doctors think it's there last moment together."

I bowed my head down. I really did feel for the girls. "I guess we shouldn't interrupt them then, huh?"

Both Klaus and Kenny agreed.

We stayed in the waiting room. I took turns staring between the floor and the four, naked white walls. No one said a word. The only words heard was babies crying and doctors yelling out orders. Just like the babies in the hospital, I felt like crying, too, for Megan and Amy,

_________________________________________________________

MEGANS POINT OF VIEW:

My mother was hidden beneath wires, suffocating under blankets. Amy and me both held to either one of her hands. I couldn't stop the tears. She can't leave me. She can't. I still need her. She can't leave, not now! NO. That stupid semi. It took my mom away. The doctors say she's alive, but they knew she would die soon. They said we could have one last moment with her.

But I wanted more than one moment. If I would have known that this was her last moment, I would have told her how much I loved her. To tell her how sorry I am for anything I did to make her angry or upset.

GOD, it's not fair!

God, please kill me now. Please, Don't let me suffer! I can't live without my mom! Tears formed from my eyes. Tears from the heart.

"I love you, mom," I told her.

I felt her hand go cold in my hand. Then I felt her grip die on me.

_________________________________________________________

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

After an hour, Amy and Megan came out to find Kenny, Klaus, and myself. Both of them had black eyes from their mascara running from crying.

"She's in heaven now," Said Amy quietly.

No one know what to say. We didn't want to say anything. They're very sensitive right now, and we didn't want to tare them apart anymore.

"I guess we live with Grandma and Grandpa now," Amy said, breaking the silence.

Megan still said nothing. She was dying from the inside. Death is so hard on everyone. It leaves scars no one can heal. I had to get out of this depressing state. I knew I was about to cry for Megan and Amy. I didn't want them to see.

"I have to use the washroom," I said basically in a whisper.

"I'm going to get some hot chocolate," Kenny decided.

"Me, too. I'm coming." Amy said, still having her boldness.

"Megan, you want some?" Asked Kenny.

Megan shook her head no. We all separated, leaving Klaus and Megan alone.

______________________________________________________


IN THE WASHROOM:

I took some toilet paper, and wiped my eyes. I looked into the mirror before me. Yes, that's right. Joey Chambers was crying for a friend. I honestly don't remember the last time I cried. For a girl that he loved. How could this tragedy happen to band? Especially on his birthday? Why did bad things always happen to him? Why?

Birthdays are supposed to be happy, a time for celebrating. Celebrating what? Death? Darn birthday...

In anger, I grunted, and bunched my fist against the mirror. I was happy that no one else was in the washroom. The mirror broke, and my knuckles began to bleed. Crap.

I cursed under my breath, as I grabbed some paper towel. I wrapped it around my knuckles. I was happy that I wore a long bunny hug with long sleeves. I didn't want anyone asking questions of why I had paper towel on my knuckles, so I covered it up with my sleeve. When I went outside, Amy and Kenny were still not back. But Klaus and Megan were very close sitting beside each other. They were hugging, and they were...

...KISSING?!?

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story