Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

Masked

by ilovebrownies 0 reviews

It changes, like the many masks of a professional face changer... [Tifa's POV]

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart - Published: 2006-11-03 - Updated: 2006-11-04 - 407 words - Complete

0Unrated
There he sits, leaning back against the chair, as if relaxing and letting his troubles leave. He looks over, and I see him, but I look away. I'm too afraid. His smile makes me happy, and I wish to see him often, but I don't, I can't, even if I could, I wouldn't.

The way he smiles at me, a friendly smile, a smile that I love so dearly. Yet it pains me, it pains me to see him smile, as it is a loveless smile. The affection I feel for him, is something he will never understand and I pretend and I hide, behind my masks.

It changes, like the masks of a professional face changer, my expressions. I can never show him, never. My love for him is a secret, one that only I know. He's never thought of me as more than a little sister. No, not even a little sister, just... good friends... And so I face him, with the same expression everyday, a happy expression, filled with the friendliness he has shown me through the past years. It covers my love for him and he will never find out, and the pains in my heart, keep going....

He loves her, the pretty flower girl, and I cannot stop him from loving her. I do not wish to make him unhappy, but the pains... they don't stop.

I suppose he will never know. And he will never understand the love I feel for him. He will never understand the pains, and the hurt I hide behind my masks.

Tonight... I am alone again and the stars continue to shine outside my window as they twinkle next to the moon in a playful dance. They are all here, my expressions as if they lay before me in my open hands. And once again, I keep them inside, plucking them out, my masks, whenever they are needed.

To you Cloud, I have given my soul, but to myself, I have left nothing, nothing but the empty masks... empty masks... with no face left to prop them up upon. A shell...

The night begins fade as I prepare for a new day.... they are all here, every single of them. I pick one out and decide it will be the mask I wear today.

They continue change, like a professional face changer... today I too will change, and I will let you know... how I feel.
Sign up to rate and review this story