Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 04: Demented

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 3771 words

2Original
Chapter 04: Demented

Much time had passed, as currently Hogwarts was set to begin in just a few days, so Harry needed to make a trip to Diagon Alley to purchase some school supplies.

"While, I am gone, I would suggest you do not wander away from the Room of Requirement," said Harry in a stern tone of voice. "If Dumbledore saw you were here or anyone else for that matter, who knows what horrors could happen."

"Harry, don't worry, we won't leave the Room of Requirement," assured Leo.

"Yeah, we heard ya the first, dozen times when you told us, we ain't deaf," added Raph irritably.

Harry just nodded before Splinter, leaning on his walking stick, walked over to Harry with an anxious look on his face.

"Be careful my son," said Splinter anxiously. "You do know of the elements that escaped from the prison Azkaban."

Harry's eyes narrowed slightly. His family had informed him about Lestrange and Black escaping from Azkaban and about their connection to Voldemort as his two most deadly Death Eaters. The Ministry of Magic apparently was searching but Harry felt their efforts might not pay off for quite some time. Also, word leaked to the Daily Prophet that a bunch of Muggles had been found in their homes, driven to insanity by the Cruciatus Curse.

"I'll be careful, Master Splinter," said Harry. "I'll be back in when Hogwarts starts as I have to catch the Hogwarts Express with everyone else to make it look like nothing happened."

Harry's family nodded, waving at him. The Boy-Who-Lived pulled out his wand, tapping it to the Portus-Amulet. The familiar jerking sensation was felt, pulling Harry towards Diagon Alley.

Meanwhile in his office, Dumbledore was scheming. The escape of both Lestrange and Black troubled the Headmaster greatly and had cut his summer vacation short. If the truth about Sirius got out to Harry, Dumbledore's plans would be extremely compromised. The Headmaster knew Black was innocent of his crimes and he knew of the switch of Secret Keepers just a couple days before that fateful Halloween Night. In fact, Dumbledore arranged for Black to have a change of heart and change to Pettigrew by way of some Suggestive Potion slipped into Black's tea a few days before that night. The only thing that perplexed Dumbledore is how exactly Black managed to escape from Azkaban as Dumbledore suggested to the Minister to keep twice as many Dementors around his cell than all the other prisoners put together.

Dumbledore watched Pettigrew closely throughout Peter's seven years at Hogwarts. Albus saw a highly ambitious student who would do anything for a bit of power. He was loyal to his friends up until a point when he became jealous and insecure at their various successes. Dumbledore had a soft spot in his dark heart for Pettigrew as Peter reminded Albus of a younger version of himself. The boy was able to hide his dark nature from the world, making it look like another did the deed he committed.

The other prisoner also proved a problem for Dumbledore, as she was a wildcard in Dumbledore's master chess game. Bellatrix never did play by the rules of anyone, she barely listened to the Dark Lord at times, going out and creating her own special brand of mayhem, leaving countless people insane due to her specialty, the Cruciatus Curse. Yet, Dumbledore made plans to manipulative Bellatrix into doing some of his dirty work as he may have a use for Bellatrix yet.

All the thoughts of the past caused Dumbledore to think about the new teacher this year. The werewolf was a little too trusting of Dumbledore and for good reason as Albus allowed him to come to Hogwarts when no other Headmaster could. Plus, Dumbledore needed some werewolf blood for the rituals had planned to aid him in the assault of the Wizarding World so Dumbledore did not get burned by the ramifications of the prophecy made thousands of years ago.

It had been a hundred and forty years for Dumbledore to be in this present form but soon Dumbledore would regain the power he had during his past life during the time of the founders. His name would be feared throughout the land and he would gain his ultimate vengeance by wiping out the last member of the Slytherin line by way of Harry Potter. Dumbledore would laugh last and the loudest.

Harry dropped out, cursing at the Portus-Amulet not working as well as it could. First he when he attempted to get his family out of the building where the Shredder attacked, he was aiming for the Slytherin Library but ended up in the Dungeons of Hogwarts. Then he missed his target and ended up in Knockturn Alley yet again. He wondered if Riddle's evil had sometimes corrupted the Amulet temporarily, causing it not to work as it should.

In a flash, Harry sensed something whizzing towards him. Throwing himself on the ground, he saw a jet of pure black light strike the side of the building he was in front of. Harry recognized the light to be an organ-exploding hex. Insane laughter was heard and Harry looked up, staring into the face of one of the Azkaban escapees, Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Ickle bitty boy, you should know not to wander down Knockturn Alley alone, you might get in big trouble," cooed Bellatrix in a baby voice that made Harry want to break her jaw because it was so annoying.

Harry just stared up at her, cursing his bad luck. He could not even go shopping anymore without an attempt on his life. If anyone thought it was all fun and games to be Harry Potter, they should be slapped across the face for their stupidity! She broke out into a fit of insane giggles. Harry wondered if she was all there mentally as by her behavior Lestrange appeared to have a few screws loose upstairs.

"I may have missed the first time, poor unfortunate victim, but I won’t miss the second time," said Bellatrix wickedly before raising her wand and screaming out a spell. "Putesco Viscus."

A jet of jagged gray light flew towards Harry, the flesh rotting curse was a favorite of Death Eaters back during Voldemort's first reign of terror, as it required less power than the Cruciatus and offered just as much amount of pain. Screw the underage restrictions. Harry needed to fight back.

"Protego," muttered Harry. The curse struck Harry's shield, shattering it but stopping it, if not barely.

"Oh this little boy knows how to play," said Bellatrix. "Oh yes he does, let's see now..."

"Stupefy!" cried Harry but Bellatrix lazily reflected the curse.

"Nice try for a little brat, but let's try again shall we with some better," said Bellatrix before raising her wand. "Punctum!"

A dozen razor sharp needles flew through the air towards Harry. Harry rolled out of the way expertly, causing the needles to impale the wall behind him.

"So you want to turn up the heat, do you psychopath," said Harry with venom. "Try this on for size. Incendio!"

A jet of fire shot out of Harry's wand, striking Bellatrix in the arm, causing her arm to get burned. The sadistic woman screeched in horror, doing more harm to Harry's ears with her voice as she did.

"All right, no more nice dark witch, now we play rough you little bastard," said Bellatrix dropping her baby voice. "Crucio."

The Cruciatus Curse struck Harry and he attempted to fight the pain. He remembered reading the curse only tricked the mind into the pain was real, but Harry gave well, screaming in horror before dropping to his knees. A sadistic smirk spread over Bellatrix's face but Harry was not done yet. Harry managed to summon some strength to kick some mud into his attackers face, distracting her from the attack.

Bellatrix appeared to be blinded and Harry raised his wand, seizing his chance. He might get a nice reward from the Ministry for bringing this criminal in.

"Petrificus Totalus," said Harry but Bellatrix put up a shield charm.

"No more games," said Bellatrix in a dangerous voice. "I hate using this curse, but if you insist. I'll have to do it."

Bellatrix raised her wand as Harry braced himself for some obscure Dark Arts spell.

"Rictusempra!" cried Bellatrix, blasting Harry with the tickling charm. Harry did not expect that and was doubled over, laughing out loud. Bellatrix broke into another round of insane giggles before growing serious. "Until we meet again."

Bellatrix disappeared with a pop, as Harry felt confused. She could have beaten him after incapacitating him with the tickling charm maybe shot a killing curse at him but she just left. This fact reaffirmed Harry's belief Bellatrix Lestrange was not playing with a full deck.

Harry wondered if Lestrange knew exactly whom she was attacking. The thirteen year old guessed she did not but no doubt she would attempt to impale his body before roasting it over a grill if she knew he was the one who defeated Voldemort twelve years ago. Harry shuddered, if he came across Bellatrix Lestrange again, it will be all too soon.

Harry did his shopping rather quickly, including books for his new classes Arithmancy and Study of Ancient Runes. In a stroke of luck, Hagrid had already sent /The Monster Book of Monsters/, the course book for his other new class Care of Magical Creatures, for his birthday. Harry thought Hagrid acquired a new pet and wanted his assistance. It would be a long time before Harry forgot about Norbert. Not to mention Fluffy and last, but certainly not least, Aragog. Hagrid did have a unique taste in what he called interesting animals.

The day before Hogwarts had came, and Harry was exploring Diagon Alley when he heard a very familiar voice.

"Harry, Harry!" called a pair of voices.

Harry turned around and saw two of his friends, Ginny Weasley and Hermione Granger waving frantically at him. They were standing by Flourish and Blotts and when Harry turned to them, they smiled at him.

Harry decided to join his new friends.

"Hi, Hermione, Ginny, you two have a great summer?" asked Harry.

"Yeah, it was pretty good, if you like sitting in a hotel room for half the day while my brothers have all the fun," said Ginny bitterly while hugging Harry. "I would have liked to see those tombs, they sounded rather interesting."

Harry just nodded his head, they did sound interesting. All he read about wizards growing extra heads should make excellent dinner conversation if he saw something like that. Harry let go of Ginny, before turning to Hermione who nearly squeezed the life out of him with a hug, not nearly as nice as the one Ginny gave it he would care to admit it.

"Hermione...can't breath," said Harry wearily as Hermione let him go. "Voldemort wouldn’t be happy if you killed me, really."

"Wow, Harry, you really know how to put a damper on a conversation," said Ginny but she had a small smile on her face.

"So, Hermione, how was your summer?" asked Harry.

"Great, Harry, France is excellent, all the information they had about Wizarding culture, I had to include it in my History of Magic Essay, it was two rolls more of parchment then Professor Binns requested," said Hermione excitedly.

Harry nodded his head, he may be the second best in his year but he did not take the fanatical approach to his homework that the best in his year talking to him down. Perhaps that could have been the reason why Harry was the second best in the year.

"So what have you been doing lately, Harry?" asked Ginny.

"Well, it seems like I have the worst luck in the world, as I ran afoul of one of the Azkaban escapees," said Harry darkly. "Bellatrix Lestrange decided to attack me when I arrived here."

"Harry, she's like..." started Hermione before Ginny decided to help her.

"A crazed woman with a few, no make that several, screws loose," supplied Ginny helpfully. "So, how did you survive, Harry?"

"We dueled," said Harry as Hermione and Ginny both gasped. "She threw a few nasty Dark Arts spells at me, I attempted to burn her arm off, you know the usual routine. Then she hit me with a tickling charm and then went. I don't think she knew it was me."

"Thank Merlin for that," said Ginny in relief.

"Exactly Harry, if she knew who you were, I bet you would not have lived to tell the tale," said Hermione. "Anyway, I wonder where her partner in climb was, Sirius Black? He is said to be just as bad as Lestrange. Harry, please be careful."

"Okay, I'll just shut myself in my room again like I did at the beginning of the summer and pretend no one else exists," said Harry although he was not being serious.

"Not that again Harry, once was bad enough," remarked Ginny with a shudder. "C’mon, Mum and Dad want me back at the Leaky Cauldron. I invited Hermione to stay with us and I suppose you’re staying there to as you have already been there for a few days."

The three friends walked to the Leaky Cauldron where they met a very sulky looking Ron Weasley.

"Hermione, I would like to have a word with you, now," said Ron.

"I told you before, Ronald, Crookshanks does not know it is wrong, all cats chase rats," replied Hermione calmly.

"Crookshanks?" asked Harry to Ginny in a low tone of voice.

"Hermione's new cat, it seems to be on a mission to eat Scabbers, which before you ask, is Ron's rat," said Ginny.

"Keep that monster away from Scabbers, Hermione," retorted Ron angrily.

"You better learn how to keep an eye on your pet then, Ronald," responded Hermione irritably.

Ron stomped off, muttering about "psychotic cats".

"Maybe you should make your cat leave the rat alone Hermione," suggested Harry.

"You're only saying that because your Master Splinter is a rat," muttered Hermione irritably before clasping her hand over mouth when remembering Ginny, who still didn't know about Harry's family, was standing there.

"Come again?" asked Ginny looking confused.

"Nice going, Hermione," said Harry sarcastically.

"Harry, is there something you're not telling me about your family?" asked Ginny, her brown eyes glinting in irritation.

"Ginny, I..." started Harry lamely.

"Harry don't you..." said Ginny

"Ginny, please...," interrupted Harry.

"Harry...," interrupted Ginny as Hermione looked from one side to the other, as if she was watching a ping pong game.

"Ginny...," said Harry, cutting her off.

"Fred," said a new voice.

"George," said a second voice. "Now that we all know each other, nice to see you again Harry."

Harry turned around to see the Twins smiling at him.

"Yeah, spiffing to meet your acquaintance once again," said George.

"Positively corking to gaze upon you, Harry," said Fred.

"Okay you two, that's enough," said Mrs. Weasley who had just walked in joined by Percy who had an even new, even more shiny badge on him. "Ginny, there you are, you know not be wandering off."

Ginny rolled her eyes and mouthed her mother's words in irritation.

"I saw that young lady!" snapped Mrs. Weasley before turning to Harry. "I’m sure Ginny told you the good news about Percy."

"Slipped my mind, actually," said Ginny in a low voice.

"Second Head Boy in the family," said Mrs. Weasley.

"Yes, and the last," said George in a low tone of voice as Harry politely shook Percy's hand on his achievement, despite not exchanging more than a dozen words with the pompous older Weasley boy in the past. For some reason, Harry had the sudden urge to count his fingers afterwards to make sure they were all there, as he did not trust prefects and trusted Head Boys even less.

"Well I don't doubt that as I don't see anyone making you two prefects," said Mrs. Weasley.

"Who would want to be a prefect? Rather boring job if you are actually think about it," said Fred.

"Yeah, takes all the fun out of life, that does," said George.

Harry and Ginny gave each other a look before exchanging nods in agreement when Mrs. Weasley went over to reprimand Fred and George. Harry felt if he would ever become a prefect, he would jump out of the highest tower possible head first before ever degrading himself to a position of authority. Ginny turned to Harry.

"Harry, what was Hermione talking about anyway?" whispered Ginny.

"I'll tell you later, Ginny but my family they can be a bit unique so if I introduce you, be warned," said Harry.

"They can't be anymore unique than Fred and George," remarked Ginny dismissively.

The next day, Harry found himself boarding the Hogwarts Express along with Hermione and Ginny. Thankfully, this year there was no incident like the barrier sealing. Harry, Ginny, and Hermione met up with their other two friends, Theodore Nott and Daphne Greengrass on the train before setting off to find a compartment. The only one free seemed to have sleeping older man with gray hair.

"R.J. Lupin," read Theodore from the briefcase by the man's side. "It appears to me we may have met our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher."

"I hope he is better than the last two," said Daphne. "We had the stuttering twit possessed by You-Know-Who and then we had Lockhart."

"No one can be worse than Lockhart," said Ginny. "Not even a rock enchanted to teach could be worse than Lockhart."

"What happened to Professor Lockhart anyway?" asked Hermione. "Harry just said he had to leave due to unforeseen circumstances."

Harry did not tell Hermione the full story of what happened to Lockhart.

"Harry, you're the expert on this matter, you tell her," said Theodore.

"More or less, after the Chamber of Secrets Lockhart attacked me and Ginny," said Harry. "He attempted to wipe our memories clean so he could take all the fame and glory for himself, but some kind of weird energy shield surrounded us, causing the spell to bounce off."

Hermione looked horrified at Lockhart attacking two of her friends.

"To think I ever stuck up for that...that...lowlife," said Hermione angrily. "So where is he now?"

"He is in the long term ward of St. Mungos, as he may be unable to regain his memories," said Harry. "Or that's at least what Professor Snape told me."

"Good," said Hermione savagely.

"Hermione, you sounded almost like...Harry right there," said Theodore looking a bit unnerved by Hermione's attitude on Lockhart.

"Just what we need, another Harry, no offense," said Daphne quickly to Harry who raised his eyebrows. "It's just one of you is more than enough, especially with your lovely mood swing earlier in the summer."

"Yeah, that was a pain," agreed Ginny.

"Come on Ginny, back off, I said I was sorry," said Harry.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with the five sitting around and talking. Daphne and Theodore looked rather impressed Harry held his own with the legendary Bellatrix Lestrange but even they agreed that she was even more mentally unhinged then ever after Azkaban.

Professor Lupin slept on through most of the ride and Harry decided he was going to reserve judgment on Lupin until he decided how he taught the classes.

Late in the Afternoon, the Hogwarts Express suddenly grinded to a screeching halt.

"We can't be there already," said Theodore.

"Yeah, I agree with you for once, Theodore," said Daphne. "Something is stopping the train for some reason."

Harry pulled his wand out, looking alert.

"Wands out everyone," said Harry. "For all we know it could be Lestrange or Black or maybe both. We must be ready for anything."

Suddenly, the temperature in the compartment seemed to drop below freezing. Harry looked around, his mind clouding and he saw a horrific sight. About six cloaked figures, with lifeless scaly hands glided into the department. They turned to Harry and Harry dropped to his knees, shaking like mad.

"Harry!" screamed Ginny before her own eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Ginny remembered the day Tom took her into the Chamber, the day he told her his future self’s identity. Every bad thought she suffered on that day was brought back up, as she felt foolish for trusting a past self of You-Know-Who. Ginny curled up in a ball, shaking like bad, praying for the memories to stop as she felt like she wanted to die at any minute.

Harry's face looked lifeless, as his eyes flashed with reflections of the past. Whatever these things were, they seemed to be focusing on him, feeding on his bad memories.

The Foot Elite Guard beating him up on the roof, attacking him, kicking him. Harry failing...failing his family.

A cold high laugh and a jet of green light flying through the air, before a woman's scream is heard.

"Like the Phoenix, I have risen from the ashes, and into my fire you shall fall."

Ginny's body lying motionless in the Chamber of Secrets, as Harry fought for his life against the Basilisk and Riddle.

As this was happening, Remus rose to his feet, attempting to block the own tormenting memories from his mind. Especially the two-day period where all of his friends were murdered or he learned they had fallen from the dark side. Also, memories of getting turned by Fenrir Greyback taunted Remus but Remus saw the agony Harry was going through. He owed it to both Lily and James; he needed to act now, forgetting about his own horrific memories.

"Leave now, none of us are hiding Sirius Black underneath our robes," said Remus in a commanding voice.

The Dementors gave a rattling breath that sounded like some crude version of laughter. They were taunting Remus.

"Expecto Patronum," chanted Remus as his Patronus backed off the Dementors. It took every ounce of energy he could to back them off, even more impressive as the full moon was only a few days ago.

They were gone for right now as Remus sank down for a few seconds before pulling out chocolate from his briefcase. No down the students in the compartment would need it right now.

Ginny, Theodore, Hermione, and Daphne were up, but shaky but Harry still sat in a trance, unable to move. They looked at their friend horrified, as the effects of the Dementors had apparently put Harry into shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story