Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 06: Seeds of Mistrust

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 5454 words

2Original
Chapter 06: Seeds of Mistrust

Harry looked at Ginny as Mikey and Raph started snickering. A look from Harry shut them up and Harry wondered if he should gently wake his friend or do something a bit more interesting. Harry wished someone would give a sign so he could decide on which route to take.

A bucket of ice-cold water materializing in his hand from the Room of Requirement answered the question to Harry's dilemma. Smirking, Harry tossed the water in Ginny's face. Ginny bolted up, looking around wildly before seeing a smirking Harry holding the empty bucket.

"Was that really necessary?" asked Ginny irritably. "I didn't freak out, I didn't scream, I just fainted. I knew what I saw but it just hit me unexpectedly. You could have warned me that your family was four talking turtles and a giant rat who could also talk."

"Actually I believe I’ve been warning you about that fact all day," said Luna calmly.

"Wait, wait whoa, how did you know we existed, Luna?" asked Don looking baffled.

"My father has contacts in New York who work in the American Wizarding Government Headquarters, who saw you guys coming out of a manhole," explained Luna. "I wouldn't worry through, not everyone seems to read my father's publication like they should. Such a pity, as it debunks myths and uncovers the strange and mysterious in the Wizarding World."

"Strange and Mysterious!" exclaimed Mikey in excitement. "Where can I sign up for a subscription?"

Before Luna could answer, Ginny held up her hand.

"I'm just wondering one thing, could you please tell me how you became what you are?" asked Ginny. Luna opened her mouth. "I know you know Luna, but I want to hear from the official source."

Harry drew in a deep breath before launching into the summarized version of the origin story of his family.

"Boy buys turtles, blind man crosses street, nearly gets killed by Muggle motor vehicle, turtles get dropped in sewers, ooze flies out, dropping into sewer, rat investigates, both turtles and rat get tampered with ooze," said Harry. "The ooze effects the growth patterns and the result is right in front of you. The wise guy in the orange headband is my brother Michelangelo. Then the brainiac in the purple headband is Donatello. The hothead in the red headband is Raphael and then the levelheaded one in the blue headband is Leonardo. Lastly, the giant humanoid rat is my Sensei, Master Splinter. He pretty much taught me everything I know."

"Our origin story by Harry James Potter, in sixty seconds or less," said Mikey in a loud booming infomercial host voice. "Order your free audio copy today."

Raph smacked Mikey across the back of the head for his insanity but something Harry said made Ginny curious.

"Everything about what, Harry?" asked Ginny looking curious.

"The martial arts, ninjitsu, one of the most difficult concepts to master, the art of self defense, the art of focusing one's soul, body, and mind as one," said Harry.

The idea of focusing the mind got Ginny's attention. She could have used a skill like that last year, when Tom took her over. Maybe if she asked Harry nicely later, he would teach her what he knows. Ginny decided to wait a little bit, to think it over, as from what Harry said, this sounded like a very difficult skill to master. Still, she did not want to be victimized like Tom did to her last year so anything she could do to prevent something like that from happening again sounded interesting.

"Interesting," said Luna. "A most noble skill if I am not mistaken but not all have the right temperament to learn it."

Harry nodded his head in agreement before rising to his feet up beckoning Ginny and Luna out of the room.

"You two seen what I told you I would let you see," said Harry. "Now, as it is getting late, we’ll be leaving now."

Harry turned to his family.

"I will be checking in for a more extensive visit over the weekend," said Harry. "I bid you all a good night."

Luna went back to her dormitory as Harry and Ginny went back to down to the Dungeons. The two arrived at the Dungeons. Ginny went in but a calm voice stopped Harry.

"Mr. Potter, I would like a word with you in my office," said the voice.

Harry turned around and saw Snape with a neutral expression on his face.

"Before you ask, what I have to say is not about your little nighttime wanderings," said Snape. "I am aware of the circumstances behind them but I have another pressing matter that I need to discuss with you."

Harry followed Snape into the office. Snape sat down at his desk and Harry sat down on the chair opposite from it.

"Potter, what I am going to tell you is going to enrage you so I am going to suggest you hear all of what I am about to say, " said Snape before going into his narration. "I am sure you are aware that Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban prison over the summer. However, the full story has not gotten out, so I’ll tell you Black's past. Black was your father's best friend in school, your father trusted Black beyond everyone else."

Harry raised his eyebrows, wondering where this was going.

"Black led the Dark Lord to the house that your parents and yourself was hiding it," said Snape in coolly.

"What!" exclaimed Harry in an enraged tone of voice.

"Yes, Potter, if I was in your spot, I would have had the same reaction," said Snape. "Your parents trusted Black and he betrayed them. The Dark Lord killed them on that night, but Black is not just a coward who led the Dark Lord to your parents. The next day, for an encore, he killed thirteen people with a shockwave curse, a very rare and powerful dark magic. Few could cast such a spell or have knowledge of how to do so. Twelve Muggles and a wizard died on that morning. Black was taken to Azkaban prison on that day where he remained until last summer."

Harry had a look of rage on his face but Snape held up his hand.

"There is more, pertaining to Black's accomplice Bellatrix Lestrange," said Snape calmly. "She has never been the sanest person in the world and I fear Azkaban may have turned her into more of a raving lunatic than she was before. She slaughtered your Grandparents on your mother’s side, quite brutally I might add. Also, coincidentally, she put your Aunt Petunia under the Cruciatus Curse for an extensive amount of time before your mother managed to intervene before it drove her completely insane. She merely had a mild dislike for magic up to that point but with the murder of her parents and the torture that mild dislike turned into utter hatred and loathing to anything remotely relating to magic. Make no mistake, this was not completely responsible for her prejudice but the fact remains it worsened it."

Snape looked at Harry who seemed to bit unnerved.

"Lestrange and Black are dangerous, Mr. Potter," said Snape. "I am giving you these tales of the past to illustrate the fact that they will attack innocents before I give you the order Dumbledore gave me. I am sure you are aware that third years have the privilege of visiting the Wizarding village Hogsmeade."

"Master Splinter already signed the form, Professor," said Harry.

"Mr. Potter, I shall be blunt and say Dumbledore has banned from visiting Hogsmeade until Black and Lestrange are put back into Azkaban," said Snape.

"What!" exclaimed Harry. "What authority does Dumbledore have over me? I can take care of myself."

"I am aware of that Potter, I am merely passing on the message," said Snape coolly. "You will not be allowed to visit Hogsmeade unless the two fugitives are captured. The Headmaster has ordered that with the blessing of the Minister of Magic and I cannot overrule that decree. That is all I require of you. Good night, Potter."

Snape saw Potter get to his feet. The boy looked calm but Snape could see that he was holding in a burst of anger. As he watched the boy go, Severus cursed that Vow he made with Dumbledore once again. If given the choice and knowing how Dumbledore was going to use him worse than the Dark Lord ever did, Snape would have chosen the Dementor's Kiss. Snape knew Black was no guiltier of the crimes he committed then Crabbe and Goyle were of achieving stellar grades. However, Dumbledore told Severus to tell Potter the story, which the Wizarding World believed to be true. Snape knew the full truth, even more than Dumbledore knew as he had been in the middle of Voldemort's Inner Circle. The Dark Lord had few flaws but one of them happened to be he put a little too much trust in Severus Snape.

Everything Snape said about Bellatrix Lestrange rang true, but those words were only barely scratching the surface of the crimes she committed over the years. Snape knew Bellatrix never really trusted him and would hate to encounter her wrath should he ever meet her alone. The Potions Master shuddered, praying that day would never happen.

Harry was tossing and turning in his bed, his mind unsettled. Both Black and Lestrange had been responsible for killing at least some of his family members. Harry looked up, before shutting his eyes dark thoughts dancing in his mind. He wished he were strong enough magically so he could track down both and make them pay for causing either the death of his parents or his grandparents with their lives.

The next morning, Hermione was telling Harry about how the meeting with Hagrid went next night.

"It's horrid, I'm telling you," said Hermione. "Lucius Malfoy has been in touch with the Board of Governors..."

"I thought Lucius got sacked by the Board after last year," said Harry attempting to keep his voice calm at the news he heard over the night about Black.

"There are still some members who are in Lucius's back pocket, along with half of the Ministry," said Theodore. "Anyway, as Hermione was saying, Lucius is trying to get Hagrid sacked but Dumbledore appeared to have stepped in."

"So all's well now," said Ginny.

"No, now Lucius is trying to get Buckbeak executed for attacking his demon spawn of a son," said Daphne. "It was Malfoy's fault the hippogriff attacked him, he should have listened to Hagrid but he didn't."

Snape walked up to the table wordlessly. Harry looked at Snape with a neutral look but Snape stopped in front of Ginny.

"I have been asked by the Headmaster to give this to you Miss Weasley," said Snape. "He says he wants to speak to you after your first class this morning on an urgent matter."

Snape left as Ginny looked puzzled and a bit angered.

"He didn't speak to me all year, when I was getting possessed by that diary," said Ginny in a low angry voice. "Surely a wizard of his caliber would recognize someone being possessed but he did not step in."

Harry looked at Ginny. Something about Dumbledore wanting to see Ginny right now felt not right to Harry but he could not place it. Harry wondered what kind of game was Dumbledore playing now before remembering something that happened during his first year. How Dumbledore seemed so insistent on giving Harry a lemon drop when the old man wanted him resorted in Gryffindor. Remembering how Dumbledore tried to manipulate him since, something hit Harry. He was foolish for not seeing it sooner.

"Ginny, whatever you do, don't take anything he offers you to eat or drink especially lemon drops," hissed Harry. "I think they may be spiked with some kind of potion to control the mind but I'm not quite sure..."

Harry then remembered something he read in a rare text in the Slytherin library. About Suggestive Potions, potions that gave the administrator control over the victim's mind and anything said during the short time would be interpreted as an order that must be followed even after the potion wears off.

"Dumbledore has been lacing lemon drops with Suggestive Potion," whispered Harry in a low tone.

Daphne and Theodore had horrified looks on their face. That particular potion was among one of the darkest potions in existence.

"Those are illegal," whispered Daphne incredulously. "If Dumbledore has been using one of those, he can be sentenced to life in Azkaban."

"I think we may have caught Dumbledore with his robes down," said Theodore triumphantly but Harry shook his head.

"No, not enough yet plus the old man no doubt has a few tricks up his sleeve to make sure he cannot be sent to Azkaban," said Harry.

"So, what would you suggest, Harry?" asked Ginny.

"Go to the meeting, but don’t under any circumstances eat or drink anything," said Harry. "We cannot arouse the old man's suspicions until we know everything about him."

Ginny trusted Harry's judgment above most others with the possible exception of select members of her family. She would just have to follow his advice, hopefully getting out of the Headmaster's office without being manipulated.

"Come on, we've got Defense Against the Dark Arts in a little bit," said Theodore. "I am looking forward to seeing how this Professor Lupin teaches."

"Can't be any worse than Lockhart," said Daphne lightly as she followed Theodore and Harry for the Slytherin's Defense Against the Dark Arts period.

"A rock charmed to talk and walk can do a better job than Lockhart," said Harry. "Still, I'll keep an open mind as we go to this class. He could actually be a good teacher for all I know."

"A competent Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, now that's something you don't see every day," said Daphne.

The Slytherins arrived at the class rather early, with the exception of Draco Malfoy who appeared to be exaggerating his injuries caused by Buckbeak in the hospital wing. They pulled out their books, waiting for Professor Lupin to arrive. A few moments later, Lupin arrived, his robes rather shabby but looking cheerful. After taking roll, Lupin turned to address the class.

"Good morning," said Lupin. "You will only need your wands as this is only a practical lesson. You are to follow me to the staff room, where we will have our lesson."

The third year Slytherins rose to their feet, following Lupin out of his classroom, down the corridors. Peeves appeared to be causing his usual amount of mischief, with a stolen beater bat and a quaffle, bouncing the quaffle against the wall, before hitting it, breaking a window.

"Filch won't be happy," said Daphne in a low voice as Theodore snickered.

As Peeves saw Harry, the Poltergeist gave Harry a salute before turning to Pansy Parkinson and giving her another salute, with his middle finger sticking straight up in the air. Parkinson gave Peeves a dirty look but Peeves just cackled.

"That wacky Peeves," remarked Harry, looking rather amused, as the Slytherins stopped outside the staff room. Lupin opened the door, leading them into the room.

The Third Year Slytherins entered the staff room. Harry could see a cabinet rattling, as Lupin turned to address the class.

"No need to be alarmed, there is only a Boggart within that cupboard," said Lupin.

By the looks of most of the faces of the class, that appeared to be a just cause to be alarmed by. Lupin fixed his face into a neutral expression.

"Who can tell me what a Boggart is?" asked Lupin.

Theodore raised his hand along with Daphne but Lupin looked at Theodore first.

"Yes, Theodore," said Lupin.

"A shape shifter, it takes the form of whatever our deepest, darkest, most brutal fear is," said Theodore.

"Excellent, could not have said it better myself," said Lupin. "Now it is best to have company with a Boggart as when it encounters many people, there appears to be a problem. Have you spotted it for us, Harry?"

"If there are many people, then the Boggart would not know exactly what it should turn into," said Harry.

"Excellent response, Harry," said Lupin. "The trick is to have lots of company when encountering a Boggart. Now before we begin, I would like you to think of something that you believe to be your deepest, darkest fear."

The class concentrated hard and Harry wondered what exactly his fear would be. The first thought centered completely on Oroku Saki, the Shredder but it was pushed out of his mind by another, more sinister force. As vile and evil as Saki was, from what Harry heard a Voldemort who returned to full power would be even worse to imagine.

"Now, the spell to repel the Boggart," said Lupin. "The incantation is Riddikulus. Say it out loud, now, please."

"Riddikulus," muttered the Slytherins dully.

"Excellent, but I'm afraid merely reciting the word is enough," said Lupin. "Casting this spell is all about intent and focus. Focusing on something that will make your fear amusing is the best way to make this spell successful. Take a moment to do this exercise."

Harry thought about the best way to make a Boggart Voldemort amusing but something else hit Harry suddenly. A cloaked figure with a rattling sound coming from its hood, slimy hands appeared in Harry’s mind. The darkness within, making Harry reveal all of his worst memories and all of the times he felt he failed. Still, Harry was at a loss how to counteract this menace.

"Everybody line up, wands ready," called Lupin. "I am now going to open the door, calling forth the Boggart."

Daphne was at the front of the line, taking a deep breath, raising her wand, ready to face her greatest fear. Lupin raised his wand, opening the door. She gasped as she saw her greatest fear. An oversized cockroach came out of the cabinet, coming right for her.

"Riddikulus!" cried Daphne. After this spell was uttered, this cockroach wore a baby bonnet and a diaper.

"Blaise, forward," said Lupin.

Blaise Zabini stepped into focus as the Boggart turned into transformed werewolf. Blaise raised his wand in the air.

Harry looked over at Lupin and perhaps it was Harry's imagination but Lupin's eyebrows raised for a second at Zabini's fear.

"Riddikulus," said Blaise as the Werewolf turned into a cute little puppy dog, whimpering and looking up at Zabini with its eyes.

"Tracey, forward," said Lupin to Tracey Davis, a quiet black haired third year girl that Harry didn't know much about.

Tracey turned to the Boggart, which had morphed, into her worst fear, an Inferius. These horrid things were corpses enchanted to do the bidding of the Dark Wizard, most recently used by Lord Voldemort during his reign of terror. A group of them had been responsible for slaughter Tracey's father a few months before Voldemort met his downfall and even through she was only a year old then, the Slytherin girl had nightmares about Inferi coming to finish off her, her mother, and her younger brother, who was born just about a week after her father was killed.

Tracey looked up; she needed to face her fears.

"Riddikulus," said Tracey as the Inferi became frozen before turning to stone.

"Good, Vincent, your turn," said Lupin, calling Crabbe over.

Crabbe walked over as the stone statue turned into a stack of books.

"Riddikulus," grunted Crabbe as the books burst into fire. Crabbe always loved the smell of burning literature.

"Gregory, you're on," said Lupin calling to Goyle.

Goyle sauntered forward and the Boggart turned into Professor McGonagall. Goyle screamed like a little girl at the sight of his least favorite teacher who if he had to admit feared just a little bit. Still, he staggered his wand, ready for action.

"Riddikulus," growled Goyle as McGonagall now had a cheerleader outfit on equipped with pom-poms. Cheerleader McGonagall did a cartwheel.

Remus shuddered; he would have to drink a lot of firewhiskey to suppress this memory of his old teacher in this state. That was worse than the time Sirius and James made Slughorn's robes vanish in the middle of the Great Hall. Dark thoughts about the traitor entered Remus's mind but he had to shake them off. Shaking his head, he regained his composure.

"Pansy, you're next," said Lupin attempting to shake off that awful crime against nature he just saw.

Parkinson walked forward as McGonagall morphed into a rat. The girl shuddered before raising her wand in the air.

"Riddikulus!" cried Pansy as a noose wrapped around the rat's neck causing it to be strangled before a sickening snapping sound was heard. A smile came across Pansy's face, seeing the horrid little beast's neck snapped.

Harry felt queasy at Parkinson's method of making the Boggart amusing for obvious reasons. It was Theodore, Bulstrode and himself left due to Malfoy's absence but Harry still could not figure out a countermove to the Dementor Boggart.

"Theodore, forward," said Lupin.

Theodore Nott went forward wand raised as the hanged rat morphed into a demonic looking clown, with blood dripping from its mouth. The clown had a meancing glare in its eyes as Theodore raised his wand in the air.

"Riddikulus!" cried Theodore.

The clown became devoid of all color before turning into a mime.

"Millicent, forward," said Lupin to Millicent Bulstrode.

The trollish looking girl stepped forward as the mime turned into a mirror showing her own reflection. Millicent had always been vain about her looks and she knew how horrid she looked. She harbored some jealously to the three other girls in her years. Still, she raised her wand.

"Riddikulus," said Millicent dully as the mirror shattered into pieces.

Harry was ready but Lupin stepped forward.

"My turn," said Lupin.

Harry looked at the Boggart, which appeared to morph into something that resembled the moon as Lupin moved in front of it. Harry gave his head a shake, must have been a trick of light, as why would Lupin be afraid of the moon of all things?

"Riddikulus," said Lupin lazily as the moon turned into glass before shattering. Lupin ushered the Boggart back into his home where he could use it for later third year classes.

Harry felt disappointed but he wondered why Lupin did not let have a turn against the Boggart. The third year Slytherin wondered if Lupin thought of him as week after he went into shock at the sight of Dementors on the train for a brief period.

"Excellent work all of you," said Lupin in a proud tone of voice. "Five points to everyone plus an additional five points to Theodore and Harry for answering my questions at the beginning of class. The homework assignment is to read and summarize the chapter on Boggarts. That will be all."

The Third Year Slytherins left as Remus sank down into a chair. That class went a lot easier then he expected although he knew that was due to the lack of presence of one Draco Malfoy. No doubt Malfoy would disrupt things once he was released from the hospital wing.

Remus was shocked that Harry was in Slytherin but after all from all of what he heard it made sense. After all, Lily was close enough to be a Slytherin at points during her time at Hogwarts. Harry looked like a spitting image of James at thirteen with the exception of the eyes but from what Lupin got out of Snape, he appeared to for the most part to inherit Lily's personality. Remus just hoped for the sake of everyone in the world that Harry did not inherit his mother's temper.

Remus gave his head a shake. He needed to stop living in the past, as it would do him no good to dwell on what might have been. Nevertheless, his inner wolf demanded he would hunt down the traitor and rip him limb from limb.

Ginny arrived outside Dumbledore's office. The youngest Weasley did not want to be here at all but she resisted the urge to tell Dumbledore where to shove his invitation.

"Lemon Drop," said Ginny a little forcibly to the gargoyle. The guardian of Dumbledore's office sprang open.

Ginny stepped into Dumbledore's office as Dumbledore was sitting at his desk, with the ever-present bowl of lemon drops in front of him.

The Headmaster looked up, seeing what was to become within a matter of moments the latest pawn in his endless game of chess for control of the Wizarding World.

"Ah, Miss Weasley, I have been expecting you," said Dumbledore in his best grandfatherly tone of voice. He needed to gain the girl's trust to ruthlessly manipulate her after all. "Do sit down, please."

Dumbledore had several plans to get the Weasley girl under his power but he decided to go with the least sneaky and least suspicious course of action first.

"So, Ginny, I see you are coming along after that ordeal with Voldemort last year," said Dumbledore.

"Yes, much better, Harry’s helping me come along well just like he helped save me from the Chamber when no one else would," said Ginny, choosing her words carefully, attempting to make sure that Dumbledore caught the implied meaning of what she said without really saying it.

Dumbledore did not blink an eye but he could tell what the girl was implying. Still, Dumbledore decided to press on, as he would not give up on a plan in a few seconds.

"You and Harry seem to be rather close friends," said Dumbledore. "No doubt you are aware of Sirius Black and Bellatrix Lestrange escaping from Azkaban. Also, I would assume you would be aware with your connection with Voldemort."

"I'm aware of it, Headmaster," said Ginny coolly.

"Then you must understand the danger your friend must be in," said Dumbledore faking tears in his eyes, attempting to make the girl believe he was actually concerned for Harry's well being. "I cannot keep him safe all of the time and I am unaware what he gets up to outside of hours. So, Ginny, for Harry's sake could you please keep me informed of everything he does. Do keep in mind that I only have Harry's best interests in heart."

Ginny felt angered, that Dumbledore would believe she would actually agree to spy on her friend. Ginny pulled herself up to her feet, staring the Headmaster down with an accusing look in her eyes.

"What have you done for me exactly, Headmaster?" asked Ginny dangerously, nearly spitting the last word out. "You could have done something last year when I was being possessed by Tom. After all, you are said to be the best wizard in hundreds of years so surely you would’ve noticed a student being possessed under your nose. Or are you not as powerful as you want to make everyone to believe?"

Dumbledore felt angered but attempted to regain his bearing. He hated people questioning his power and his authority. Keeping this primitive form required his very essence to be fueled by the respect of lower forms of life, such as the wizards and witches who think he was there savior. Still, Dumbledore felt he needed to switch to Plan B.

"You do seem stressed out, Ginny, do have a lemon drop they always calm me down when I am upset," said Dumbledore.

"No, I don't think I’ll have a lemon drop, Headmaster just like I won't spy on Harry for you either," said Ginny.

"My dear, I only have his best interests in mind," said Dumbledore in what he hoped was considered a soft, soothing voice. "Please, do this for Harry's sake."

"I won’t betray my friend's trust like that, Professor," said Ginny angrily.

Dumbledore lost it, reaching forward and grabbing the girl's arm roughly.

"You will do as I say you stupid little girl!" thundered Dumbledore.

Ginny looked up at Dumbledore, a bit frightened if she was honest with herself. This was definitely not the grandfatherly Headmaster she heard about and perhaps it was just her imagination, but Dumbledore's blue eyes seemed to turn a deep shade of red for a minute.

"I won’t," hissed Ginny slapping the Headmaster across the face to cause him to let go.

Ginny looked up with horror. She hit an old man, a powerful manipulative old man but an old man nevertheless. Her arm was really sore and it appeared to have a red handprint on it from where Dumbledore grabbed it.

Dumbledore looked enraged the girl dare touched the great Albus Dumbledore.

"Fine, you won't obey me when I ask nicely, I will have to do it another way," said Dumbledore before raising his wand. "Imperio."

The curse struck Ginny and her mind felt foggy. She recognized what this was, her father once told her about it. It was the Imperius Curse, a curse that can be used to completely control a victim. Still, Ginny wondered if she should be capable of rational thought if that was the case.

Dumbledore threw his full power into the curse, after all he could care less if the girl's brain was completely shredded into pieces as long as his goals in getting Potter under his thumb was completely achieved.

"You will spy on Harry Potter, report everything he does to me," commanded Dumbledore in a cold voice, extremely different from the grandfatherly tone he used with the rest of the world.

Something in Ginny's mind seemed to be pushing it back. It was faint but it pushed the curse from her, making Dumbledore's hold upon her extremely faint and loose.

"No," said Ginny simply.

Dumbledore released the spell, shocked. He then remembered the bond he sensed slowly forming between Harry and Ginny. As Ginny was connected to Harry, she appeared to be drawing magic from her connection from him to fight the curse. The Headmaster shuddered to think how powerful both Harry and Ginny would be once the bond completed. They might even rival Dumbledore even this primitive form in power and Albus could not very well have that. Dumbledore remembered that Halloween night when he put a block on Harry's magical powers, how he could not completely block it due to the immense amount of magical power he possessed.

Ginny looked up at Dumbledore and slowly backed away from him.

"I'll tell the Minister, you'll go to Azkaban for this Dumbledore," said Ginny.

Dumbledore raised his wand, sealing the doors, preventing Ginny from leaving the office.

"Leaving so soon, Ginny," said Dumbledore sweetly. "I am afraid I cannot remember what you have seen from me today. I daresay it will ruin my reputation and I really can't have that."

Dumbledore raised his wand in the air, sadistic smirk on his face. The Headmaster did a wordless charm which completely blocked all of Ginny's memories of their conversation before replacing them with false ones of Dumbledore apologizing for putting Ginny in danger last year and Ginny storming out in anger of not believing the Headmaster. Albus felt he might as well keep the false memories realistic, as it would arouse less suspicion. Dumbledore used complete memory blocks in the past but he rarely planted false memories, instead preferring to dump his victims in some alleyway leaving them for dead. The blocks normally started to wear off in ten years but for most of Dumbledore's victims, that time would be too late.

Dumbledore also healed the damaged he did to the girl's arm. The old man may have been manipulative and sneaky, but he knew he needed to cover his tracks.

Dumbledore beckoned for the girl to leave and Ginny Weasley departed, with a blank dreamy expression on her face that should be wearing off in five minutes. The Headmaster sank down, reflecting on another botched plan. Still, Dumbledore had Snape plant the seeds of mistrust in Potter's head regarding Black.

Dumbledore began to draft a letter to Fudge. He would suggest that Fudge order Black to receive the Dementor's kiss but Lestrange not getting the same punishment. Dumbledore still had some use for Bellatrix, even if the woman was a wild card and Dumbledore found it hard to predict her actions.

Dumbledore sent off the letter to Fudge. The Headmaster sat back, enjoying a lemon drop. The Weasley girl plan was a complete failure but at least he would get Black out of his hair by having the Dementors give him a little kiss.
Sign up to rate and review this story