Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 24: To The End

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-07 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 3260 words

2Original
Chapter Twenty-Four: To the End

Harry, Ginny, and Hermione were let out of the Hospital Wing a few days after the incident. From what they heard from Daphne and Theodore during their few visits, the Dementors were removed from Hogwarts and Malfoy seemed gleeful for some reason, but for once he was not bragging about the origins of his happiness. It was the day before the end of term. Harry contacted his brothers but there still had been no luck in locating Master Splinter. When he returned to New York tomorrow, perhaps he could speed up the process. It had been a month and a half since Splinter had gone missing and all possible leads had turned out to be a dead end.

Hermione, Daphne, Theodore, Ginny, and Harry were sitting outside of the school, on that day, talking over by the lake.

"So, Hermione, did you actually turn in the time turner?" asked Harry.

"Yes, for the tenth time, Harry," said Hermione irritably. "I made a bad judgment call in using that thing this year, as it really caused a lapse in my concentration."

"I'm just happy this year is over, as it had been a strange one," remarked Daphne. "Maybe next year will be normal without crazed murderers escaping Azkaban."

"As long as I live, I doubt there will be a normal year at Hogwarts," said Harry. "Still, Sirius may be innocent but Pettigrew escaped. I feel somehow this is my fault."

"You know it isn't Harry," said Ginny in a reassuring voice.

"I should have killed him when I had the chance," said Harry. "I don't know what made me not do it. I had the sword at his head, I could have split his head in half right there and then."

"Live and learn, Harry," said Theodore. "He's probably hiding somewhere anyway, I doubt he is much of a threat. You said he ran the minute he was freed from you."

"Yes, but still I won't underestimate anyone in the league with that vile man. The fact remains he killed twelve people with a single curse, a curse that is one of the most dangerous forms of dark magic at that, so he definitely portrays himself to be less dangerous than he really is. I'm worried about if he’ll join up with Voldemort, again," said Harry, rolling his eyes at the shudders from Theodore, Daphne, Ginny, and Hermione. "I sense Voldemort getting stronger. The last night, my scar stung briefly, that hasn't happened since the first year."

"Harry, you are just going to have to wait and see what happens," said Hermione. "Predicting the future is a very sketchy proposition at best."

"Yes, all you’re going to get is a major headache," supplied Daphne.

Harry looked up thoughtfully. Sirius may have gotten away but unfortunately the real danger was still loose. Bellatrix Lestrange had escaped the grounds on that night, her fate unknown. Harry was confident that the woman was terrorizing innocent people and slaughtering more unfortunate victims all in the name of her sadistic urges.

Unfortunately, Harry was brought out of his thoughts by an unexpected and unfortunate arrival.

"Potter, hey Potter, did you hear the good news?" asked Draco Malfoy, who had walked up to Harry and his friends along with Crabbe and Goyle.

Some people never learned their lesson. Malfoy was one of them. Despite countless beatings, Malfoy kept coming back to harass Harry and his friends. It seemed to be about as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning and setting in the evening.

"You're moving to Siberia," said Daphne hopefully.

"Very funny, Greengrass," said Malfoy sarcastically. "No, Potter, I thought I would like to inform you that the Anti-Werewolf Legislation Act has finally been passed late last night. Of course, I did my civic duty by informing my father of Professor Lupin's little condition, who passed the information onto Cornelius Fudge. The werewolf has been ordered to leave and is currently packing his things right now."

"What!" yelled Harry.

"Malfoy, you have sunk to a new low this time," said Hermione. "Condemning someone to a harsher life for what reason exactly."

"Oh no reason exactly, other than the fact I finally got the better of Harry Potter. It almost makes up for that infernal beast of Hagrid's somehow escaping," said Malfoy triumphantly. "After all, the Werewolf was a friend of your dear dead Daddy at Hogwarts. After all, anything half human like that should not be allowed to live. I always get my way Potter, for I am Draco Malfoy and I’m..."

"A dead man!" screamed Harry, rushing right towards Malfoy and attempting to snap his neck, by pulling it back viciously, but somehow Malfoy’s squirming to avoid permanent injury saved him. Crabbe and Goyle made a move towards Harry but Hermione, Daphne, and Theodore raised their wands, causing the two goons to back off. The words about nothing half human should be allowed to live had caused Harry to snap for obvious reasons.

"Potter, let go of me, now!" demanded Malfoy, gasping for air. "Get your vile filthy, half blood hands off of me."

Ginny calmly walked over to Harry, grabbing his arm and gently pulling Harry away before bumping into Malfoy and causing to loose his balance before falling into the lake.

"Oops, so sorry Malfoy," said Ginny, but the mischievous look in her eye gave away the fact that she was not all that sorry about Malfoy's fate of going in the lake.

Crabbe and Goyle walked over, looking dumbly at their friend.

"Just don't stand there you cretins, help me out!" screamed Draco, frantically. Crabbe and Goyle walked over, hoisting Draco up out of the lake as Harry and his friends walked away from the scene of Malfoy's misfortune.

"I'm going to go see Professor Lupin," said Harry.

"The act's passed, there isn't anything you can do about it, Harry," said Daphne.

"Still," said Harry, quickening has paces and hoping he had not missed his former Defense Against the Dark Art's Teacher leaving. The man did teach him the Patronus Charm that saved his life when the Dementors attacked his past self on that night.

Harry arrived at Lupin's office, as Lupin seemed to just finish packing up.

"Ah, I saw you coming," said Lupin, pointing to the Marauder's Map.

"Malfoy told me you were leaving due to the Ministry forcing you because of the Anti-Werewolf legislation," said Harry.

"I'm afraid this is true," said Lupin sadly. "Still, I would have been found out sooner than later so it was perhaps for the best. I will find a job and I will manage. I have before even through I will be having to pay eighty percent of my wages as a Werewolf tax for the Ministry of Magic."

"It wasn't your fault that you got bit, it was the werewolf that did it through," said Harry logically.

"Harry, explaining that to the people high up in the Ministry of Magic is like running headfirst into a solid brick wall repeatedly," said Lupin. "It has been a pleasure teaching you all but just like thirteen years ago, my life has mandated I have depart. I'll pick up where I left off before Dumbledore gave me this job, traveling the world, getting a job wherever I can."

"You could come to New York if you want to, Professor Lupin," said Harry. "I don't know about the Wizarding Government in the States much but I doubt they could possibly be any worse than Fudge's corrupt regime."

"Actually, I did live in New York City for a short time along with a few other select cities in the United States and Canada but I found it not to suit me well, even if the American Wizarding Government is more tolerant of my kind along with other part human creatures," said Lupin. "I just have to go with what life brings me. Perhaps our paths will cross again Harry but I must leave."

Harry just stood there, unable to speak, not knowing what he could say to Lupin.

"And before I go, I brought this back from the Shrieking Shack after that night," said Lupin, handing Harry his invisibility cloak before holding out the Marauder’s Map and handing it to Harry. "And this. Now I am no longer your teacher, I have no guilt whatsoever of giving it to you. I daresay you and your friends will find uses for it that will be great pride to the legacy of the Marauders."

Harry stashed the map and the Cloak in his robe.

"Good bye Professor and good luck," said Harry finally finding his voice, nodding as Lupin began to leave, carrying his suitcase. However, at that moment, Professor Dumbledore arrived in Lupin's office at that very moment.

Harry and Dumbledore exchanged an intense stare down, but Harry did not back down, despite the fact that he could feel Dumbledore's power being drawn up. The tension of the air could be cut with a knife due to the silence caused by the tension that existed during the confrontation between Dumbledore and Harry.

"Headmaster," said Harry coolly, breaking the silence.

"Mr. Potter," responded Dumbledore with a brief nod of his head before turning to Lupin. "Your carriage is at the gates, Remus."

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore, I'll be sure to find my way out," said Lupin before turning and walking off as if there was nothing wrong at all.

Harry stepped back, as if offering Dumbledore to go from the office first. There would be no way that Harry would allow the old man to stand behind him for any reason. As Dumbledore left Lupin's old office, Harry had his hand on his wand, ready to strike Dumbledore at a second's notice just in case the old man tried anything underhanded. Fortunately it did not come to that as Dumbledore left without incident. Contrary to popular belief, Harry did not go looking for trouble but unfortunately, it seemed to find him at the worst possible times.

Daphne, Theodore, Hermione, Ginny, and Harry were boarding the Hogwarts Express for the end of the year to go to King's Cross Station. Slytherin had won the House Championship again, due to their impressive victory in the Quidditch Cup Final.

"So Harry, I'll need to ask Mum, but I'm pretty sure I can come to New York and visit you over the summer so I can work on a few things that you were teaching me in our training before we left Hogwarts," said Ginny. "After that, the Quidditch World Cup is happening and Dad can get the tickets at the Ministry, so I asked him to get you and Hermione tickets for the cup."

"Yes, that would be interesting," said Harry. "Let me know what your mother says about visiting but I have a feeling she may not be all that comfortable with sending her daughter to a foreign country, even if it is to visit a friend."

"I'll convince her," said Ginny simply. "She'll give in, eventually, it may take constant begging but I am sure I can persuade her."

"So, we'll use the mirrors to keep in contact," said Hermione.

"Right," said Daphne. "Although I may be on holiday for most of the month although my family already have tickets reserve for the Quidditch World Cup."

"So, we can meet up there when it happens," said Theodore nodding.

The five friends spent time talking for the rest of the trip until they arrived at King's Cross Station.

"I'll be in touch with you in a few days Harry, to see what Mum says about me coming to visit," said Ginny as Harry nodded, pulling his Portus-Amulet out and pulling himself towards New York.

Harry arrived at the warehouse right over the lair. He entered the elevator leading down, pressing a few buttons before going down towards the lair. He opened the elevator door, and his brothers were pacing around, looking extremely tense.

"Any leads?" asked Harry, getting down to business.

"No, nothing," said Leo, looking rather irritated.

"This is nuts, we searched and searched," said Raph.

"Yeah, it's not like a five foot tall rat is the most common thing in the world," said Mikey.

"We need to keep searching, we have expended too much time to quit now," said Don.

"Six and a half weeks by my watch," said Leo. "Still, Don's right, we need to keep looking, even if it is to bring closure."

"No Splinter's alive, he just has to be," said Raph in a desperate voice, as if trying to convince himself as much as the others.

"I'll unpack my stuff and then I will help you search," said Harry. "Think of all the places you have looked and attempt to figure out somewhere a giant rat would have been taken."

"Harry's right, we need to think logically and not lose our head's over this," said Don as Harry left to unpack his school belongings into his room.

"We’ve searched every sewer drain, every garbage dump, and every rundown warehouse in the city," announced Raph. "Still, we hit nothing. I just hope some whacked out government official did not take our father and do unspeakable things to him."

An uncomfortable silence was in the air, they did not want to even think about that as a possibility but they did not count it out.

A few days later, after many attempts to search but they had all been in vain. It seemed like they were stumbling around blindly, without much to figure out. About five days after Harry's third year ended, Harry received an early morning call on his mirror.

"Hello," said Harry sleepily as it took a few seconds to see that it was Ginny calling him on the other end of the mirror. "Ginny, what's the story, did your mother say it was okay to come?"

"Yes, I had to ask her several times a day before she decided she would let me come, but I'm supposed to come back with you a couple of days before the Quidditch World Cup," said Ginny. "Also, she had one stipulation, which I'll tell you when you get there."

"Okay, Ginny, stand by, I'll be there in a few minutes," said Harry.

A few minutes later, Harry used the Portus-Amulet to pull himself into the hallway outside of Ginny's room. No one else seemed to be awake, he knocked on the door and Ginny opened it wearing Muggle clothing, while holding a ragged looking duffle bag overflowing with clothing.

"So, what was the reason your mother finally caved in and let you come to New York," said Harry.

"Well, she said if I came, I also had to bring one of my older brothers with me to keep an eye on me," said Ginny. "All six of them are here this summer for the Quidditch World Cup."

"I see," said Harry.

"However, She didn’t say which of my older brothers I had to bring with me, so I decided to bring..." said Ginny before motioning to a shadowed area in her room where the Twins stepped up, with mischievous grins, also wearing Muggle clothing and carrying bags, which appeared to have several mysterious looking items that Harry did not even want to know what they were.

"Harry, my dear boy, smashing to see you this morning," said George.

"I must say, a trip to New York," said Fred. "Should be an interesting cultural experience to say the least."

"Yes, an exotic land," said George.

"A fresh breeding ground for all kinds of mischief," said Fred happily.

"Yes, you’ll have enough time to be yourselves later," said Ginny finishing a note written to her mother. "Right now, we need to leave."

"Uh, Ginny, did you by any chance explain my families, unique circumstances to Fred and George," said Harry to his friend in a low voice.

"I just told them they were different and not to freak out when they meet your family, but that's all I said," said Ginny. "It should be interesting to see how they react."

"Okay, if you say so," said Harry as he pulled out his Portus-Amulet, wondering if New York would ever be the same once Fred and George Weasley came for a visit. "And away we go."

Harry, Ginny, and Twins were pulled to New York on the Portus-Amulet. They landed in Harry's room with a thud. Fred and George Weasley looked at the poster board with the pictures of Harry along with his family.

"Wicked gag item Harry," said George.

"Yeah, magicking yourself in those Muggle photos with giant turtles and a giant rat," said Fred.

"Yet, it seems so life like," said George, as Harry and Ginny exchanged looks, attempting to keep from bursting out laughing.

Harry opened the door of his room, as the Twins and Ginny followed him out of the room. The Turtles were just getting up and Fred and George spotted them. There mouths hanged open, in awe, remembering the picture back in Harry's room.

"So, this is your family, Harry," said Fred, finding his voice first.

"Yep," said Harry.

"Wicked!" exclaimed the Twins in unison.

Harry called his family over. They walked over looking rather curious at the newcomers.

"Fred and George, this is Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo," said Harry, pointing out each turtle as he said his name. "Guys, these are Fred and George Weasley."

"Surely not the infamous Weasley twins," said Mikey remembering the stories Harry told his family about the prankster twins in the past.

"Yes, I believe that assumption would be correct," said George before turning to his twin. "My dear brother, our reputation seems to proceed us."

"Yes, even mysterious reptilian creatures know of our exploits," said Fred, acting as if he was wiping a tear from his face.

"So, how did you turtles become...uh..." said George, struggling to find the right words.

"Origin story time," said Harry, before launching into the origin story of the Turtles and Master Splinter. Harry wondered if he should tape record himself giving the story so all he had to do when the next person act was walk over to the recorder and push play.

Fred and George looked in awe as Harry finished the story.

"Interesting but there is just one thing that is confusing," said George. "Where is that Master Splinter guy who was a big part of the origin story?"

"He's gone missing, a long story right there," said Harry looking rather somber as the mood in the room just died.

"So, if he's missing, we can help you find him," said Ginny.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be too hard," said George.

"After all, there isn't that many giant talking rats in the city this size," said Fred.

"Six and a half bloody weeks," commented Harry. "That's how long he has been missing. I'm sorry if I sound a little tense but we need to find him. I am not forcing you three to help..."

"No, Harry, it's different, we want to help," said Ginny, as the Twins nodded at her side.

"So, that settles it," said Raph in a determined voice. "We find Splinter by the end this day, no matter what."

With that the Turtles, Harry, Ginny, Fred, and George went out, preparing to search the city for Master Splinter. Harry was especially determined to accomplish this task; tonight they were not going to come home empty handed, no matter what the cost.
Sign up to rate and review this story