Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Come

4

by fireun 3 reviews

Ling had better have a good excuse for vanishing like he had, months ago

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Edward Elric, Ling Yao - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 573 words

1Ambiance
Disclaimer- not mine. merely borrow. no profit made.





"What do you mean he's gone? No, no, Alphonse, I am not yelling..." Roy clutched the phone in a white knuckled hand, one step away from wishing he had Edward's neck in that fierce grip. His free hand gravitated upward, pausing to pinch at the bridge of his nose in a half-hearted attempt to stave off the headache that was pulsing its way to life. "It's not your fault, Alphonse. You and I are both more than aware of how...determined your brother can be." And impulsive, and stubborn, and idiotic... "No, keeping Havoc's call from him would not have been a good idea. He would have just been damn angry as well as upset." There was a rather long pause during which Roy sagged against the desk, seeming to deflate as Alphonse spoke. "I am working on it, Alphonse. Yes. I know. We will do everything in our...no. You are not going after him. ALPHONSE!"

Roy settled the phone back onto the receiver with over exaggerated care, and then turned a baleful glare towards a photo of Maes. "I wasn't this pigheaded when I was younger...was I?"

_____________________________

Alphonse Elric had no grand illusions of rushing off to his brother's rescue. He knew, rather, that that was an excellent way to end up in a spectacular brand of fight with the proud Ed. He also knew that he couldn't let Ed fumble through this one alone. It wasn't fair, Ed going off and leaving him like that. After everything, it wasn't fair. He was all right with his brother spending so much time with Ling, he was fine with having his own room, with knowing Ed and Ling were curled up together in theirs. He had grown up quite a bit, but that damn well didn't mean he was going to be pleased with his brother for running off without even thinking to call.

There were some things that even someone as slow to anger as Alphonse Elric couldn't handle in a calm, rational way.

And the military was just too slow. He didn't blame Ed for taking matters into his own hands. To tell the truth, Al had been getting a bit worried about his brother. It wasn't like Ed to sit in that office and look over papers day in and day out. So, while he was definitely less than happy with his brother for leaving without him, he was thrilled Ed had made a move.

If only he could get Ed to be a little less... impetuous.

Al tossed a few items into a suitcase and hauled off, determined not to let his brother get too much of a head start.

_________________________________

There were some rather unpleasant places in the world. The taste of old blood, dirt, and some sort of bitter tang in his mouth, the fact that one eye refused to open, and his inability to do more than twitch a muscle or two had Ling convinced he had found his way into one of the prime examples.

The boot approaching his face where it lay pressed against some sort of wet, earthen floor, the way said boot paused, then lifted and drew back...

Being kicked in the face, Ling decided before an insistent cloud of unconsciousness decided to take over, really was unnecessary. The food was bad enough on its own to convince him he was in hell.
Sign up to rate and review this story