Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

I Can Only Dream of You

by DancingFlame 3 reviews

Axel catches Roxas dozing off again.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Axel,Roxas - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2008-07-20 - 277 words - Complete

1Insightful
Roxas had a habit of falling asleep during Organization meetings. It was never very noticeable; he sat upright and never snored or drooled. But often toward the end of one of Xemnas's long-winded speeches, Roxas would close his eyes.

Axel stood facing his sleeping friend as the others filed out of the room. Roxas looked so peaceful, his head gently resting against the back of his chair, eyes shut lightly. Axel hated to wake him, but leaving him there like a helpless baby would just give the others an excuse to make fun of him. "Hey," he said softly, nudging Roxas in the shoulder.

Roxas stirred, his head drooping to one side. His lips parted and one word escaped in a gentle whisper. "Namine."

Axel stepped back as his friend opened his eyes, drowsily looking around the room. Placing his hands on either arm of his chair, Roxas pushed himself up and rubbed his eyes sleepily.

Axel looked on, waiting until Roxas was more awake to ask, "Why did you say that? Namine..."

A dazed look in his eyes, Roxas smoothed out his long black coat and shrugged. "I don't know. Something out of my dream, I guess."

As Axel and Roxas locked eyes, Axel knew that the dream must have been an unsettling one. Roxas had been struggling so often with his memories; something wasn't right. It worried Axel, but there was nothing he could do about it.
Putting on the brave front he'd perfected, Axel headed for the door and said, "You're lucky Xemnas doesn't ever decide to interrupt those sweet little dreams of yours. Now come on, let's get out of here. Naptime's over."
Sign up to rate and review this story