Categories > Original > Horror > Carpe Noctem

Hunger

by Kellyconcarne 0 reviews

Gabriel takes her first steps towards becoming a vampire, experiencing the forbidden taste of blood for the first time.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2005-07-18 - Updated: 2005-07-18 - 796 words

0Unrated
Carpe Noctem
A vampire tale
By: Kellyconcarne

Disclaimer: I own all of the following characters with the exceptions of Azreal who belongs to Mallory Hoffman, Kain who belongs to Byron Lemburg, and Lucas Falx who belongs to Tony Thigpen.

Chapter 3: Hunger
Melikus' chamber was large and spacey. There was a fireplace which was burning brightly. All the windows were boarded shut.

"Why are your windows boarded up?" She asked.

"Vampires can never come out during the day or they will turn to ash." He said. Then he untied her cape, revealing her dress.
"Now, Gabriel... it's time."

There was a large-queen sized bed near the fireplace. It had blood red satin sheets and a black comforter. He motioned for her to go sit down on the bed. She obeyed and took off her shoes as she did. Melikus drew back the sleeve of his black shirt to reveal his wrist. Gabriel watched him silently. He hissed and suddenly he bit into his wrist. Gabriel gasped but she didn't try to stop him. Blood started coming from the deep wound in his wrist. It dripped down his wrist and onto the floor. Gabriel became mesmerized by the blood. She kept her eyes only on it.

"You want this blood don't you?" He crooned to her. "Yes...I can see it in your eyes. Your heart tells you to drink. Drink the blood. Give in to the hunger. Come into the darkness Gabriel."

Gabriel licked her lips hungrily. Her head was screaming in vain. It kept telling her to not drink the blood. Blood was something she had not wanted before, so why should she want it now? It went against everything she had been taught till through her life. Her heart, however, was commanding her otherwise. It repeated Melikus' words.

"Drink. Drink the blood. Give into the darkness." It whispered. It kept repeating the same thing over and over. Melikus watched Gabriel as she hesitated, trying to decide what she should do.

"Gabriel....the darkness calls. Answer the call. Join me, I will give you a life you can't possibly imagine." He said softly, holding his wrist out to her as he sat next to her. Gabriel closed her eyes. Something snapped inside of her. Hunger took over. She let out an animal-like growl softly. Then she reached out and violently grabbed his wrist. She latched her mouth onto the wound. She started drinking the blood immediately. She didn't feel human anymore, she felt like an animal.

Melikus smiled and chuckled quietly.
"That's my girl... that's right... give into the darkness..." He coaxed. "Alright... that's enough my dear... let go..."

But Gabriel wouldn't let go. She was too consumed by hunger to let go. Melikus' smile faded into a painful scowl. He hissed in agony and gently tried to pull his wrist away. Gabriel wrapped her arm around his, refusing to release him. Then he snapped at her, "Stop...Gabriel...That's enough...STOP!" He shouted and tore his wrist free from her grasp. Melikus fell back on the bed. Gabriel tumbled off the bed and onto her knees.

She started breathing rapidly, which quickly turned into pants as she doubled over in pain. She moaned and groaned,

"What's...what's happening to...me?!" She cried out in anguish. She wrapped an arm around her stomach and tried to pull herself onto the bed. She wailed loudly in pain. Then an animal like hiss escaped her lips. Her hand clutched tightly around a bed post, trying to pull herself up but quickly she collapsed again.
Her body went into agonizing convulsions. Her limbs kept having spasms. She felt as though her whole body was going to rip apart. She looked up at Melikus. She expected to see a face of concern but instead Melikus had a face of pure satisfaction. She tried to speak,
"What...What's..."

Melikus smirked.
"The blood is taking effect and your body is dying. Don't worry, you'll survive."

Gabriel was still for a moment. Then she gasped and cried out a loud aching scream. Her body quaked violently. Everything was spinning. Bellowing howls filled her ears. The jolts became less forceful but they continued to rock her body nonetheless. She held up a hand. To her horror, she saw her hand glowing and slowly turning very pale. Her chest tightened and heaved up and down. She lost control and consciousness of what was going on. Her entire body blanched before the jolts stopped.

She started to rise to her knees. Then suddenly a huge, extremely agonizing spasm attacked her body. She threw her torso back and released a loud, blood-curling wail. Then she collapsed onto the floor, exhausted and weak. She laid still, fearful the spasms would start again. Melikus stood up.
"It's over now..."
Sign up to rate and review this story