Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Living In A Moment

When The Soldier's Coming Home

by DBZVegeta 2 reviews

2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-14 - 867 words

0Unrated
Fic title: Living In A Moment
Penname: DBZVegeta
Summary: 2nd story in the Travelin' Soldier Trilogy. Kagome has to try to live after she loses the one she loves. Is he really dead and can she continue to live on?
Pairing: Kagome/Inuyasha
Rating: R
# of Chapters: 6/6
Category: Angst/Romance
Disclaimer: I do not own or claim to own Inuyasha.


Living In A Moment

~~~~~
Chapter 6 - When the Soldier's Coming Home
~~~~~

Kagome paced back and forth in front of the window, that overlooked the tarmac were the plane, that was supposed to be carrying Inuyasha, was to park. Sango and Miroku sat with Colonel Kouga, who looked serious as he studied the young woman. Her nervousness was obvious, from what General Sesshoumaru had briefed him, this young woman had been waiting for Sergeant Inuyasha return for over two years. He had first been reported as killed in action and then, with extensive searches and information, his condition had been listed as missing in action.

That had been when General Sesshoumaru had called him into action. Colonel Kouga's team was known for their abilities for finding the truth behind those missing in action, and it was his handpicked team that had found Inuyasha. Though, he was annoyed that they had been unable to transmit whether or not the man was alive or dead. He planned on having a serious talk with his team leader after they arrived today.

His musing was interrupted by the clicking sound of someone walking across the tile behind them. Turning, he saw General Sesshoumaru approaching them, standing quickly he nodded as he walked past him towards the young woman staring out the window.

"Kagome." he said quietly. She turned at the sound of his voice and smiled weakly. "Its almost time, would you like to go down and wait near the door."

She nodded, unable to voice her desire. It was like all of the words that she wanted to speak were suddenly stuck deep in her throat. Tears welled up and she swiped quickly at them. Seeing him smile encouragingly, she turned and saw her friend smiling back at her. Steeling herself, she straightened her shoulders and followed Sesshoumaru.

As they approached the glass door, the roar of plane engines could be heard from outside. She began to shake, stumbling slightly as she leaned heavily against the wall. Her breath came in short gasps and her vision began to blacken around the edges.

"Kagome!" cried Sango and Miroku as they rushed to support her. She held a hand up to halt their forward press, shaking her head to clear it.

"I'm alright. I just need a minute." she said as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming her nerves. In a few moments she would know, was he alive or dead. Steadying herself, she pushed off the wall and stiffened her shoulders, holding her head high. She was going to get through this. "How much longer till we can go out?" she asked Colonel Kouga, who was standing by the door looking out.

"Just a couple of minutes. The ground crew has arrived and the plane is being shut down as we speak." Kouga said, his admiration of this strong young woman growing by the moment. He had thought she was going to pass out there for a moment, but she had pulled it together and was resolute in completing her mission.

"We can go now." he said as he saw the signal from one of the ground crew. Opening the door he led the small group out to the jeep parked next to the terminal. It was a tight fit, but all five managed to fit, before Kouga drove across the tarmac to the plane.

Kagome watched, as people began to exit the plane and her heart jumped up into her throat. She was barely aware that Kouga had stopped next to the plane, and that that the others had exited the jeep. Her eyes were glued to the crowd of people pouring from the rear of the plane.

'So many, I can't see him,' she though hysterically, suddenly worried that he wouldn't be walking off the plane. She scanned the crowd anxiously, as they walked around the jeep, looking for that familiar head of silver hair.

Then, as if the sun had risen casting a beautiful light across the land, the crowd parted and there less than ten feet away stood a sight that brought tears to her eyes. Frozen, they stared into each other eyes, blue clashing emotionally with gold. As if broken from the spell, simultaneously they bolted for each other and strong arms came up to lift her high and his lips covered hers in a passionate longing kiss.

Breaking away from him, she looked up into her beloved's face, one hand coming up to rest up on his cheek. His came up to brush away tears that streamed down from her face.

"I'm home, my love. Never to leave you again." Inuyasha said as he once again bent to take her lips again.

~~~~~

~The End~

The sequel to this story will be posted soon, it is called "From Beneath The Ashes". Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story