Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Another Day, Another Dream

In the Case of Roy Mustang

by _Sakura_ 2 reviews

Roy has awoken only to realize his dream was turning into a reality.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Jean Havoc, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-17 - Updated: 2006-11-17 - 962 words

0Unrated
_Sakura_'s note: hi everyone! I was going to leave the other story that way (on it's own), however I thought it would be fun to create a bunch of little stories, so far this is the second one. Actually it was... sorta at the request of FlameAlchemist. :) thank you all who reviewed last time, I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much as the first. (if you liked the first chapter anyway). Oh yes and these characters aren't mine, they belong to the Fullmetal Alchemist cast. Anyway here's the story! :

~~~

"This wouldn't be the first time this has happened..." Riza blushed deeply, it was so unlike her, yet, it suited her, her arms wrapped silently around the man's sturdy chest.

They were alone in the darkened office, the sound of dull voices and light coming from outside the corridor. They should be undisturbed there, at the Military; there was always something to do...

"There is nothing to do here..." grumbled Lt. Havoc.

"Yeah I know, this is so boring." Lt. Fuery agreed, picking at the corner of his desk.

"Now, now Riza, you know what I want." The man smirked.

"To get all female officers to wear mini skirts?" Riza snickered, "Yes I know that, Roy."

Roy Mustang laughed heartily, holding his co-worker closer to him.

"Yes and no..." he chortled, "I..."

He bent down on one of his knees, his hand moving quickly inside his suit, trying to find something, he grabbed a hold of a small box, his eyes glinting, he opened it and showed it to the flushed female, she gasped.

"It's... beautiful." She gazed in awe at the glinting ring, rubies beaming at her, she held Roy in a tight embrace tears swelling in her eyes, "Of course I'll marry you!"

The door suddenly clicked and Lt. Havoc's voice echoed around the warm room, "I'm sorry to have interrupted! Roy, you lucky bastard!"

Roy spun around, "You again! Do you enjoy doing this to me?"

Riza stood up importantly and fixed her uniform up. Lt Havoc grinned nervously.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

~~~


"Colonel Mustang, are you alright? You were jerking in your sleep..." the voice of Riza Hawkeye trailed past his head. "Colonel?!"

"Eh?" Roy Mustang jolted awake, his chair spun on its axis, the moon shone brightly in the night sky, crickets chirped relentlessly through the silent night. The dream stood firmly in his mind, refusing to leave, however his face remained stern.

"What's the matter?" he asked as if he was the most significant person in the world and demanded respect from all around him.

"I came in because I have recently received word of great news and I thought I should let you know, sir." Riza muttered, looking at the wide-screen television in the corner flashing details of the latest Rugby game. "Sir, you already know which team one..."

She peered suspiciously at Roy, who shrugged.

"I must of left it on." He said sharply, picking the remote off the desk and clicking the [OFF] button. "There. Is that what woke you up?"

Riza looked shifty, "That is also part of what woke me up, I apologize for disturbing your sleep but I had also received an email invitation to Edward Elric's wedding with Winry Rockbell."

Roy gasped, "That boy thinks he can get married before me huh?"

He remembered the dream and just realized the meaning; he searched frantically in his pocket, and pulled out a ring. Red and gold colors sparkled in the lady's blue eyes, she watched, amazed as Roy clambered to the floor, on one knee.

"Riza... Would you marry me?"

Riza just blinked, "I believe that may be acceptable."

But her eyes were glimmering with joy and admiration. "I'm glad I met you, Roy, I love you." Her face went slightly pink as she finally admitted this.

"I love you too." Roy whispered, loud enough so she could hear.

The door slammed open, Rica shading off the wall. Lt. Havoc stood in the doorway, fully dressed in his pajamas which featured little crescent moons on them. He stood dumbstruck in the doorway, his face went slightly red.

"I'm sorry for interrupting!" he burst and begun to run away, "Your voices woke me up! Roy you lucky bastard" he hissed under his breath.

"Come back here, Lieutenant." Roy ordered, at this demand Havoc came walking back like a puppy that had been thrown out of the house and wanted to redeem itself.

"Yes?"

"You really enjoy doing that to me don't you?" Roy sighed, remembering that dream and realizing that it was a premonition. In the little light in the room, you could tell Havoc's eye twitched and his face was deadest.

"No sir..." he muttered, Riza gave him a glare and he stammered "I mean yes.... Sorry, Chief and the Chief's wife" he winked at Riza who pulled out her gun.

"Go back to your room! Slowly..." she demanded. Havoc sped out of the room. Roy knew that the whole Military would know tomorrow...

Riza sighed and Roy smiled at her.

"Perhaps we could have our wedding on the same day as that boy..." Riza grinned and watched Roy's face become distorted.

"Perhaps..."

Roy sat down on the couch and invited Riza to sit with him, she graciously accepted and lent her head on the Colonel's shoulder and he put his arm around her waist, they watched as the sun rose, and listened to the birds sing their morning songs, they could hear Havoc yelling throughout the building.

"Everyone, wake up! Roy and Riza are getting married!"


~~~

_Sakura_'s other note: it's not very long however did you like it? any ideas for the next one? any comments or complaints? Please review or email me! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story