Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Return of the Lost Son

Kenichi vs. Konoha

by EC1231 0 reviews

A massive force of shinobi have been gathered to subdue Kenichi by any means necessary.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Yondaime - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-18 - 844 words

0Unrated
The Yondaime retreated back to the rooftops with the rest of Konoha's shinobi, leaving Kenichi, his little brother, alone on the battlefield. Kenichi stood below them, defiantly enclosed in the Kyuubi's chakra. There was no longer any doubt to how this battle would end. Yondaime raised his hand, signaling the shinobi of Konoha to start the first phase of their planned assault. When he had first thought of it, his plan was meant to be a final solution to be used only if he was unable to reason with Kenichi. He never actually believed that it would need to be activated, but the Kyuubi's hold on Kenichi had grown much stronger in the last 5 years.

5 years ago, Kenichi was barely able to reach 4 tails without going berserk and passing out from overexertion. But, today he stood calmly in front of them, flying the 5 tails of the Kyuubi proudly in the air. What had he done in those 5 years to master his powers, and more importantly, what had it cost him? Sadly, this was not the time to ask and he brought his hand down, effectively ordering the destruction of his brother.

In one synchronized assault, Konoha's gathered shinobi released a storm of kunai and throwing stars on Kenichi.

"Wind Release: Spinning Vortex Wall jutsu!" Kenichi called out just as the mass of weapons neared him. Once again, a spiraling tube of wind surrounded Kenichi and expanded outwards, absorbing all of the weapons into itself. The tube continued to spin faster and soon the metal weapons were glowing brightly inside. One by one, Kenichi released them from his hold and shot them back at the shinobi still standing around him. The superheated projectiles hit the surroundings with explosive force, devastating the ground, walls, and even the few unlucky shinobi who were not quick enough to move out of the way.

When his arsenal was finally exhausted, Kenichi released his jutsu. To the surprise of the shinobi gathered, the Spinning Vortex Wall was not a perfect defense. Kenichi had been hit by at least 15 kunai and just as many stars. The ninja weapons stuck out of him like porcupine quills, and a pool of blood had started to collect at his feet. The damage was severe and even the strongest shinobi would be on the brink of death. Kenichi, although heavily wounded and bleeding, seemed unfazed by his predicament. He steadied his breathing, which had been heavy and erratic, and calmly went to remove the kunai. Amazingly, the gaping wounds started to heal as soon as whatever weapon caused them was removed.

Taking the opportunity, a high-ranking shinobi signaled the beginning of the second wave. A swarm of shinobi descended on the field, ready to engage Kenichi in hand-to-hand combat. Fortunately, what Kenichi lacked in numbers he made up for in speed and ferocity. In the blink of an eye he was tearing through the incoming shinobi ranks like an orange, clawed hurricane, striking them before they could see him, and moving away before they could react. The bodies hit the floor or flew into the air, one after the other, as the orange fury ripped through them. When the numbers proved too great to handle by himself, Kenichi resorted to his Shadow Clone jutsu.

It was a full scale war between Kenichi and Konoha and neither side was backing down. As soon as Kenichi downed one of Konoha's shinobi, another appeared in its place. Sometimes it was the same one, since several of the attackers were also able to use shadow clones. Conversely, as soon as several Kenichi clones were dispatched of, a new batch was summoned to replace them.

Kenichi himself was in a frenzy, wildly slashing and kicking at anyone who was in his reach, not even taking the time to notice the faces of his victims. He didn't have the desire to personalize his rampage, so he attacked everyone equally, using the full force of his rage. As long as the bodies continued to mount at his feet, he would keep his attack going. Suddenly he felt a hand grab his shoulder and turn him around. Instinctively, he charged up the chakra in his hand and unleashed a savage strike across the chest of the shinobi who had dared get too close.

He returned to attacking the shinobi all around him, when in mid-punch, he realized who he had just struck down. He turned back to the motionless body that lay where he had left it, and ran towards it. Several shinobi attempted to get between him and their downed comrade, but with ease that Kenichi sent them flying away. The body was laying face down in a pile of rubble when Kenichi finally got to it. Slowly he knelt down next to the body, hesitant to confirm what he thought. Finally he reached out for the shoulder, and turned the body over. His eyes widened in horror as he wiped the dirt and blood from her face.

"NAMIKO!" he cried out, clutching the barely-breathing face of his love to his chest.
Sign up to rate and review this story