Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

There Is A Man

by Gundamwinggirl 1 review

There is a man standing alone in the cemetery. Roy comtemplates in front of a friends gave.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Roy Mustang - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-07-20 - Updated: 2005-07-21 - 377 words - Complete

0Unrated
There is a Man
Oneshot


There is a man standing alone in the cemetery. He sees and hears nothing, too intent on studying the headstone in front of him. He's visited this grave off and on for the last ten years, never changing his routine. He goes by himself and stands there as he reads, remembering the little things as well as the much bigger ones.

His dark obsidian irises hold nothing, and yet they hold everything. He isn't too old, but neither is the man that he visits. He was thought to be uncaring by most, but in raising this man's child he proved them all to be wrong. His days in the military aren't over, and he doubts that they ever will be.

He no longer cries when he visits the grave, having no reason to anymore. Many have died in the ten years that have passed, but this is the only grave that he visits constantly. The man he visits was there the night his mother died and his father was killed. He was there to comfort him when he first entered the Military, the man going so far as to take the Alchemy Exam as well.

He was there when he made his first kill during the Rebellion. The man was always there to comfort him and to help him, his only regret was that he couldn't do the same. So he visits his grave every day, rain or shine. In the sweltering heat or the freezing cold, he always comes to stand in front of the single grave.

No one questions him anymore, for the only person that would do that is also gone. He's always there, watching and waiting, for who or what no one knows. He holds onto the hope that he will see the man again, but his heart doubts he will ever get his wish. So it is that he stands in front of the grave, day after day, never speaking a word. It never changes, even when he died and was buried next to the man, he still came to stand in front of the grave.

There is a man standing alone in the cemetary...

Author: Yes, very short...but I do hope that you liked it.
Sign up to rate and review this story