Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Lighthouse

We're Going Home

by MyVengefulRomance 6 reviews

One of the boys is finally realizing what he has done, but will another surprise destroy what small sanity he has left? READ AND REVIEW!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-19 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 2304 words

0Unrated
Ch 9 Disclaimer- As much as I'd love to say that I do own Gerard, I'm not sure that I'd exactly want to own a paranoid schizophrenic, but I'd take the real Gerard any day! Yeah, I don't own...

A/N- Yeah, I had to update quickly, 'cause that last chapter was evil, wasn't it? A surprising twist that's hard to resist. Don't try to say that psychotic murderers aren't sexy; you know that you want Gerard even more now. I know that I do. And I'm sorry 'bout Frank, I didn't mean for that stabbing to be fatal. It was an accident, I swear! Heh. Oh, sorry if it was confusing. Oh, and 'italics=memories' Enjoy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerard opened his eyes and looked around, confused.

Rubbing his eyes, he sat up, and uttered a low, "The hell-?"

Gerard grunted as he realized that he was outside, and that it was raining.

"What am I doing out here?" Gerard asked out loud.

Then, he remembered. The man with the black hair, Ray, Mikey, and Bob being dead, Frank getting stabbed, him going insane and killing the strange man...

"Wait...where'd his body go?"

Gerard stood up on shaky legs, and stumbled over to where he'd killed the strange man. There was nothing there. No body, no blood, nothing.

Gerard stared at the ground, and raised a shaky hand to his now throbbing fore-head.

"Maybe...maybe the rain washed him away."

He thought about it, and then nodded.

"Yes. The rain washed him away."

Gerard turned, and his eyes locked on Frank's body.

"Dammit. Frankie, no...," he choked out.

"Please, Gerard...What are you doing?" Frank whimpered, backing away from Gerard.

"Shut up, I'm not Gerard. He's dead."

Gerard gasped as the memory slammed into him, his body physically recoiling at the confusing memory.

"What the hell? I never said that...or did I?"

Gerard was breathing hard, his whole body shaking as he tried to remember something else.

"Gerard, where'd you go? And where's Mikey?" Ray asked, stepping forward.

"Why the hell would I know?" Gerard snarled.

"Is that...is that blood on your shirt?" Frank gasped, fingering the hem of Gerard's shirt.

Gerard smacked away Frank's hand.

"Of course not. It's...um; I'm going to look for Mikey now, okay?"

Gerard gasped, and covered his hand with his mouth. He squeezed his eyes shut and tried not to bring up any more unwanted memories.

"Gerard? Jesus Christ, man, it's me. It's Ray; I'm your friend."

"I'm sorry, but I have to protect Gerard from people who are bad influences," Gerard growled, advancing on Ray, and gesturing behind him.

Ray craned his neck to see what Gerard was referring to, and gasped.

"What the hell did you do to Bob? Gerard...why? We...we're your friends," Ray sobbed.

Gerard shook his head, his lip curling.

"I don't have friends," he smirked, filling the distance between them.

Gerard shook his head, looking around wildly.

"No...no. I didn't do this. I couldn't have. No."

He sunk to his knees in anguish and raised his eyes to the heavens.

"Did I really kill the only people who had ever cared for me?"

Tears poured down his face and his breaths started coming in short gasps. He leaned over, and steadied himself with his good arm.

"I'm hyperventilating. Breathe, Gerard. Breathe."

Desperately, he opened his mouth and began to suck down the air, finding that he still couldn't breathe. He turned to the side. His eye caught sight of Frank's hand, lying there, white and unmoving, the calloused fingers curled slightly.

"I did that. I...I'm a murderer."

His breath caught in his throat, and he began coughing. The rain washed away the red splatters as they hit the rock.

"God, no. I'm sick. There...there's something wrong with me. I'm imagining this, simply having a nightmare."

Gerard slumped onto the rock, sobbing, unable to breathe correctly, and shaking.

"There's gotta be a way to wake up. There's gotta be a way!"

He stood, but fell over instantaneously. Gerard gasped as he landed hard on his hurt shoulder. He only began to cry harder, the rain mixing with his tears.

"Frankie, wake up. Help me. I want my mom. Please, somebody, help me," Gerard pleaded, staring up at the sky, hoping that someone would be able to hear him.

"You...you did this to yourself."

Gerard gasped, his head shooting up to see Frank sitting up, staring at him angrily with pain-filled eyes.

"You...you're dead! I...I killed you. How...how...?"

Frank sneered at Gerard, not feeling a bit bad for the older man.

"You're a dumbass, Gerard. You didn't check to see if I was still breathing. You pretty much missed everything major when you stabbed me."

Gerard let out a choked sob, and he grasped at his chest.

"Frank...I'm sorry. There...there's something wrong with me. Someone else inside of me. He...he was the one who stabbed you. Not...not me. I wasn't in control, I swear. I love you. I'd never try to hurt you."

Frank stood up, clutching the wound in his chest and the agony he was feeling clear on his face.

He swayed slightly, before bending down and picking up the knife he must've pulled out of his chest.

"Tell that to your /only brother/, Gerard! Except, he won't be able to listen. BECAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!! YOU KILLED YOUR ONLY BROTHER!!!!" Frank screamed, gripping the knife tightly.

Gerard curled into a ball and covered his ears, his sobs growing louder.

"Not only did you kill Mikey, but you DECAPITATED RAY AND BOB!!!!" Frank screamed, shakily making his way towards Gerard crumpled form.

Gerard sobbed, his voice muffled, "No, it wasn't me. It was someone else. I love you Frank. I wouldn't hurt you."

"Gerard, you've always been violent! One second you'd be mellow, and then you'd freak out and hit something...or someone. Then you'd snap out of it and say that you don't remember giving Mikey that bloody nose or giving me that black eye!"

Gerard looked up in horror.

"I...Frank, I swear that I'd never hurt you. That...that was him! It was the other me, but not me! Oh, God, Frank...I have a problem."

Gerard dropped his head in shame, and Frank narrowed his eyes.

"So...you're saying that there are two people living inside of you? You and someone else, someone more violent?" he asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

Gerard nodded, keeping his face cast downwards.

"Gerard...you do realize that if I let you live, you'll end up killing me, right?"

Gerard looked up.

"I won't hurt you, I swear."

Frank gave a melancholy smirk.

"That was what you said before you pulled that knife on me."

Gerard shook his head.

"Give me another chance, I beg of you. I won't hurt you. Please, Frank. I-."

Frank thrust the knife into Gerard's chest, interrupting him.

Gerard let out a choked cry, and he stared up at Frank with wide, shocked eyes.

Frank kept his grip on the knife's hilt, and pushed it in farther.

Gerard's fingers wrapped around Frank's hand as he vainly tried to get the knife out, to stop the pain.

Frank blinked back tears, remembering what it felt like to be betrayed by a loved one like this. He twisted the blade, earning another cry from Gerard. Blood had gathered in the corners of the older man's mouth.

Gerard opened his mouth to say something, but all that came out was a pathetic gurgle.

"Gerard," Frank whimpered, ripping the blade out of the vocalist's chest.

Gerard was gasping, struggling to hold onto life. Tears filled his green eyes.

"Frank...," he choked out, "I...I love you."

Frank nodded, swallowing tears.

"I love you too, Gerard. I'm sorry; it was something that I had to do."

"It...wasn't me. I...I swear," Gerard gasped, his face dramatically paling.

"I know," Frank said, turning away so that Gerard wouldn't see the anguish on his face.

"I don't want to die!" Gerard gasped, his eyes searching for something, anything, to ease his pain.

"Gerard, I don't want you to die either!" Frank sobbed, breaking down as he searched for something to stop his bleeding.

"Oh, God, what...what have I done? No..."

Frank pulling himself off Gerard, crawling away and realizing that he did the right thing, even though it hurt.

Gerard cried out, calling Frank's name. Frank closed his eyes, trying to ignore the guilt building up in his chest.

Gerard let out another choked cry, before breaking down in a hoarse fit of coughing. The blood spraying from his lips only mixed with the still-pouring rain and the immense blood-flow coming from the knife wound.

His head lolled to the side and he weakly called out, "Frankie! Don't...don't leave me. Please...I love you."

Frank winced at the older man's innocent words and turned around.

"Gerard, we're both going to die, aren't we? And rot in hell, too? You killed three people, and I stabbed you."

Gerard gave a weak smile.

"You...you're not going...to hell. Self...defense, is what you...pulled. I...I'm going to hell, for sure."

Frank plopped down next to Gerard and pulled him into his arms.

"You didn't deny that we're going to die."

Gerard laughed softly.

"No...I didn't."

"I'm not going to let you die, Gerard. I promise," Frank asserted, standing up with Gerard still in his arms.

Frank wavered a second, crying out from pain. Then, he half-dragged, half-carried Gerard into the dry lighthouse.

Upon entrance, Frank immediately gagged.

The smell of death and rotting corpses was over-powering.

Gently, Frank laid Gerard on the ground, unable to physically go any farther.

He leaned against the stairs, panting. Gerard looked at him with glassy eyes.

"Frank, if...if I die...I wanna do...it in your...arms."

Frank nodded numbly, and gathered Gerard in his arms, cradling the older man.

"I won't go down by myself, but go down with my friends," he muttered into Gerard's hair.

Gerard smiled weakly before drifting off into an uneasy sleep. Frank held Gerard close to him, covering his own wound with Gerard, and covering his wound with his hand.

Frank sat there, holding Gerard. The sun rose and set, and days passed. He only moved once, to gather enough food for the remainder of their stay in this damned lighthouse.

In and out of consciousness Frank slipped, staying awake only to check to make sure that Gerard was still alive. Gerard would wake up every once in awhile, begging for water. Frank would kindly oblige, realizing that his love for the vocalist over-rode anything he felt about the murders.

One morning, Frank awoke to hear a motor whirring in the distance.

"Gerard!" Frank gasped, shaking the older man. "Wake up! They're here, we can go home now. Gerard!"

Gerard moaned, and mumbled incoherently.

Frank smiled and burst into tears.

"We can finally go home," he sobbed.

Gerard started to cry, too.

"What...what are we going to tell Brian?" he asked, being able to speak in full sentences now.

Frank shook his head.

"We're sure as hell not going to tell the truth. We'll tell him...uh..."

"That we killed some psycho that had been living here and threw his body in the ocean, but only after he stabbed us. The guy killed Mikes, Ray, and Bob, and we killed him in self-defense," Gerard interrupted.

Frank smiled, and kissed Gerard's head.

"Damn good idea, sweetie. That scares me a bit, but good idea."

Gerard grinned, proud of himself.

The engine stopped and there was some friendly chatter as two men walked up the shore and onto the large rock.

"Yo! Gerard! Mikey! Frank! Ray! Bob! Time to go home!" Brian yelled as he approached the lighthouse.

"I hope that you don't mind that I brought Bert," he said as he pushed open the front door.

Both men froze as their eyes locked on Gerard and Frank.

"What the hell?" Brian gasped as he stepped forward. Bert stood wide-eyed behind the manager, mouth agape in horror.

Frank gave a weak smile, before saying, "We're the only two left."

Brian stared at him before saying, "Pardon me?"

Gerard, tears filling his eyes once more, said, "Mikey, Ray, and Bob's bodies...they...they're in that room."

He pointed to the sitting room, and Bert, as if in a trance, walked into the sitting room with Brian close behind. Both men screamed, running out of the room in horror.

Panting, Brian gasped, "We have to get out of here. Tell the police when we get back. We...we have to get out of here!"

Bert nodded enthusiastically, and Gerard said, "I just wanna go home."

Brian nodded, and he exclaimed, "Get up, and let's get out of here!"

Frank said, "The guy who did this...he stabbed us. We can't get up; we're injured."

"Oh, damn, this sucks so badly," Bert grunted, his eyes wide with fear.

Gerard grunted in agreement, and gently pulled Frank's arms off of him. Frank lightly pushed Gerard forward, and Gerard managed to get onto his hands and knees, before collapsing weakly.

He looked up with watery eyes at Bert and Brian and said, "Well, I tried. Can one of you, uh...this is embarrassing...can you carry me?"

"Me too!" Frank piped up.

Brian nodded numbly, before leaning down and picking Gerard newly-wedded bride style. Bert did the same for Frank.

The four men made their way out the lighthouse, and Gerard looked back, swallowing hard.

"Goodbye, Mikey. Goodbye, Ray. Goodbye, Bob. I'm so sorry," Gerard whispered. He took one last look at the lighthouse, before lapsing once again into unconsciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Well, one more chapter, and then, SEQUEL!!!!!! WOOT!! REVIEW!!!!



















Sign up to rate and review this story