Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Devil May Cry:The Renegades

An unlikely partnership

by Nowshin 0 reviews

Vergil returns with the death of Nelo Angelo...

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Vergil, Other - Published: 2006-11-20 - Updated: 2006-11-20 - 1322 words

0Unrated
The gentle light of the morning sun entered the small cabin and fell on the face of the slumbering man lying on the bed. He covered his face with his hands, trying to block the light, then slowly sat up on the bed. He stretched out his hands and let out a groan. His whole body was aching. He glimpsed the cabin and became uptight.
"What the ...? How did I get here?" he said to himself. He was surprised to hear his own voice. Then he looked at his hands and was even more puzzled. Quickly, he got out of the bed and stood in front of the mirror hanging on the wall beside the bed. He felt a lump rise in his throat as he stared at the person looking at him from inside the mirror.
It had been so long since he saw his real face. He could see his silky white hair falling over the face hanging just below the chin level. His bright skin had returned to its original color instead of the sickly shade of blue, and his eyes were no longer red, instead they had turned light blue. He was only wearing black jeans, and standing half naked in this cold made him shiver a little.

All this was being hard for him to swallow. "All right, now I'm confused." he thought. He looked around the small cabin. There a single bed in one corner, on which he had been sleeping only a few minutes before. Beside it was a dresser, and there was also a table a few feet away. The plain design of the cabin showed that he was in a rural area. He tried to remember how he got here. There were flashes of memories....of him hunting down demons in front of a temple....a blinding flash of light....a voice...his head pained as he tried to summon up his reminiscences. He suddenly became alert as someone knocked on the cabin door. He carefully walked to the door, and slowly opened the door to find a young woman standing outside.
"Good morning, I see you are awake." The women said in a clear and beautiful rhythmic voice.

He observed the woman in front of him. She was very young, most possibly in her early twenties. Her long black hair was flowing down to her waist. Her eyes were deep black in color, and she had beautiful olive skin. She was so wonderfully attractive with her sleek and slender figure, fair complexion, lustrous hair, narrow waist and flawless features; even he had to admit it. She was wearing typical villager clothes, trying to display the looks of an average feeble girl, but under her robe, he noticed a sheath beside her waist. It was currently carrying no weapon, but it definitely confirmed that this woman was more than just a weak female unlike most women. "Who are you?" he asked. "And how did I get here?"
"Well, I'd be happy to answer your questions if you kindly let me enter." she said. He let her enter the cabin. He caught the scent of her perfume as she walked past him. Women, he thought.
"So, your recovery seems impressive. You must have strong genes."
"I have no time for games. Tell me what I am doing here." he snapped.
The women eyed him with curiosity, then calmly said, "Ok, I'll tell you. But you must hear the whole story before reacting, alright?"
"Just talk."
She took a deep breath and started, "As you already know, a few days ago, this village was under the attack of demons....."
"A few days ago? How long have I been passed out?"
"Three days. Anyway, as I was saying, this village is a very ordinary place, or should I say, was an ordinary place until last month. Some strange people started visiting the old abandoned pagan temple located at the end of the village. Since then weird things have been happening. People have been going missing, chilling screams could be heard in the night."
The man was getting impatient, but he listened.
"Now, four days ago, some very suspicious people entered the temple and did something. The next day, a horde of dangerous demons appeared, along with you.
"First, I thought you were just one of them. But then I saw you killing those mindless wretches and knew you were different. So when I spotted those archliches casting an annihilation curse on you, I decided to help you.
"An annihilation curse is the most dangerous spell for demons. It completely and guranteedly kills any devil in ten seconds. You, however, seem to have human blood in your veins. That kept you alive long enough for me to perform a remedial spell to make you human."
He gazed at her in disbelief. "You did what?"
"I turned the devil in you dormant for some time. Only by making you human, it was possible to save you."
No sooner had she finished the words than she found herself being pinned against the wall by him. He was grabbing her hands tightly, and she couldn't come out of his grip. He gave her a violent jerk and bellowed, "How dare you! Turning me into a pathetic and weak human? How's that even possible? And you're saying you wanted to help me? Huh! I remember you now; you were that hunter who tried to kill me there. And now you say you want to help me by turning me into a HUMAN???" His eyes were filled with rage. He felt like an explosion had triggered inside his head.
The woman struggled to break free from his grip and said, "Aren't you listening? You would have died if I didn't do so! You were nearly dead when I found you. And deny it if you want, but you ARE half human. You always had both human and devil sides in you. I just switched the devil side off for a while until the effects of the curse wears off. In two or three days you will regain your power. It really isn't such a big deal for you to scream at me like that. Now let me go! You're hurting me."
He looked at her and was very embarrassed. She was right. Besides, he noticed that he was standing there, half naked, crashing a young beautiful woman against a wall, and was talking with his face only a few inches away from hers. Losing his cool like that was absolutely very uncharacteristic and shameful of him. He quickly loosened his grip and stepped back. "I apologize." he said.
The woman freed herself and tightened her dress. "It's ok. You were quite a lot of work, you know. There were tons of other curses and hexes on you too. Most of them were mind controlling torture curses. I can't imagine how you were still so strong. Even the most powerful demons would have lost their mind." She walked towards the dresser and opened it. She turned to him and he saw she was holding a sword.
"I believe this is yours. Its appearance dramatically changed while I was working on you. I guess the sword was connected to you somehow."
He accepted the Yamato and stared at her. She turned to the drawer again, brought out some clothes and neatly put them on the bed. Not taking his eyes off her, he asked, "Who are you, really?"
"Oh, where are my manners? I'm sorry. I am Vittoria Townshrend , just an ordinary demon hunter. I'm not anyone so famous like you, son of Sparda."
"How do you know me?"
"Your face, your stance tells me who you are. Since the other son of Sparda is busy killing demons in Manhattan right now, I take it you're Vergil, right?"
Vergil. It has been so long since he heard his own name. "You got that right."
Sign up to rate and review this story