Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Happy Squirrel Lodge

Prelude To Disaster

by YamiRoojii 0 reviews

A nice relaxing break in a woodland lodge. What could possibly go wrong?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Duke Devlin, Ishizu Ishtar, Joey Wheeler, Mai Valentine, Marik Ishtar, Mokuba Kaiba, Ryou Bakura, Serenity Wheeler, Seto Kaiba, Tea Gardner, Tristan Taylor, Yami Bakura, Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-21 - Updated: 2006-11-21 - 1415 words

0Unrated
"You are joking aren't you" Bakura growled, freezing with his spoon halfway to his mouth.

"No, why would I joke about something like this, it wouldn't be funny" Ryou asked, giving his Yami a confused frown.

"I just wondered since it was such a stupid idea" Bakura grumbled, returning to his cornflakes.

"Well I think it's a great idea, it'll be fun" Ryou smiled, humming a happy tune as he buttered his crumpets.

"Hah! You can't seriously believe that this is going to end well? Bakura snorted, his spoon once again hovering halfway between his bowl and his mouth.

"Oh come on, it's just a couple of weeks in a woodland cabin, as long as YOU don't do anything we'll be fine" Ryou sighed, walking over to the boiling kettle and pouring the water into his tea cup.

"Ryou, we both know that I am incapable and unwilling to control myself, therefore I will not be joining you and your stupid friends on this ridiculous venture" Bakura sneered, folding his arms, apparently forgetting that he was still holding a spoonful of soggy cornflakes.

Ryou tutted and shook his head in despair as he watched his Yami trying to wipe his breakfast off his sweater, swearing as he dabbed at the milk.

"Look, you're coming and that's final, there's no way I'm leaving you here on your own for two weeks" Ryou said once Bakura had given up trying to save his sweater.

Growling softly, Bakura gave his hikari his best 'bite me' glare. Ryou narrowed his eyes and gave his Yami his best 'do as your told' glare in return.

They continued to stare at each other, neither willing to back down.

It took a good seven minutes for Bakura to admit defeat.

"Go pack your stuff" Ryou smirked, sipping his tea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is going to be so much fun" Yugi chirped, sorting through his shoe collection, trying to pick which pairs to take.

"Hm, that remains to be seen, considering who we're bringing" Yami replied, trying to shut his suitcase.

"I'm sure Kaiba will behave, Mokuba will make sure of it" Yugi said cheerfully, holding up his purple trainers and his black clogs for Yami to see.

"The trainers" Yami decided after a moments consideration "I just hope you're right, I'd hate to have to initiate 'operation: silence Kaiba', he wouldn't enjoy it".

"You need to stop drawing up operation plans for everything, it's a bit sad and more than a bit strange" Yugi said, carefully replacing the clogs in their box and packing his trainers in with his camouflage pants and khaki jacket.

"I know, I know" Yami sighed, grunting as he threw his entire bodyweight on the lid of his suitcase, only to fall right over the top of it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've been looking forward to dis for ages" Joey said, pulling out his clothes drawer and upending it over his suitcase.

"Yeah, me too, it's going to be great getting to know your friends better, especially Tea, she's one of the nicest people I've ever met" Serenity replied, carefully folding each item of her clothing before she placed it in her Winnie the Pooh suitcase.

"Yup, Tea's a nice person, some might say too nice" Joey said, more to himself than his sister.

"What do you mean?" Serenity frowned.

"You'll see" Joey smiled as he carefully placed his mid journey snack on top of the tangle of clothes in his suitcase.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Remind me why I'm doing this?" Seto said moodily as one of his servants packed his favourite trench coats into his leather suitcase.

"'cos you love me" Mokuba replied, trying to decide whether to take his Gameboy Advance SP or his Nintendo DS.

"You do realise that that will stop working if you over use it don't you?" Seto grumbled.

"If it does I'll just buy another one" Mokuba shrugged, tossing the Gameboy into his case.

"Huh? That doesn't make se...I meant the excuse not the toy you imbecile!" Seto snarled.

Mokuba's face creased up like he was about to cry and his bottom lip started to quiver. "Is...is that what you really th...think of me?" he started to sob.

"N...no, oh Mokie I'm sorry I didn't mean it" Seto said quickly, embracing the younger Kaiba in a brotherly hug. Only the servant saw Mokuba's mischievous grin.

It was gone by the time Seto let go.

"So, you'll come?" Mokuba asked, sniffing like he was holding back the tears.

"Yes, I'll come, if that's really what you want" Seto sighed.

"And you'll be nice?" Mokuba continued, his eyes widening in the classic 'puppy dog' manoeuvre.

"Yes" Seto said through gritted teeth.

"Thanks bro, you're the best" Mokuba cried, flinging his arms around his brother.

The smile the servant saw this time would be better described as evil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight o'clock that evening everyone turned up at Yami and Yugi's place as planned, except Ryou and Bakura.

"What do you think could be keeping them" Tea wondered aloud.

"Ra knows" Yami replied, shaking his head "Maybe Bakura got his hair caught in the toaster again" he added with a smirk.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Ah, that's probably them now" Tristan said, going to open the door.

"Hello" Ryou said cheerfully, walking in with Bakura trailing behind him.

"Oooh, what a funny looking bunch of people" Bakura giggled.

"What did you say tomb robber?" Yami growled, clenching his fists.

"Wow a talking pineapple!" Bakura yelled, pointing at Yami.

Yugi tried to hold him back but, being small and about as strong as Joey was smart, didn't have much success. If Malik hadn't stepped in to help him there was no doubt that Bakura's nose would have been broken at the very least.

"Please, don't mind him" Ryou said wearily, "I had to give him a sedative to get him to come with me and it's left him a bit confused I'm afraid, it'll wear off in time"

Regaining his composure Yami shook Malik and Yugi off and stalked over to a corner to pout.

Once everyone had checked one last time that they had everything they wanted to bring they headed down to the cars.

Ryou, Yugi, Malik and Serenity would be going with Duke in his car.

Bakura, Marik, Tristan and Tea would be going with Yami in his car.

And Seto, Joey, Mai and Mokuba would be going with Ishizu in her car.

"Oh wow, what a cool car!" Serenity cried when she saw Duke's shiny black sports car.

Grinning smugly at a scowling Tristan, Duke opened the front passenger door for Serenity.

"Where's your car Ishizu?" Mokuba asked, eager to set off.

"It is that one there" She replied, pointing to a hot pink land rover parked next to a lime green Mini with a dented bumper.

"I'm not getting in that!" Seto cried, shrinking away from the car as though it was about to attack him.

"Oh come on, we can't go unless ya do so get a move on" Joey said, opening the door and shoving his nemesis inside.

"Oh dear god no!" Seto whimpered as he spotted the fluffy pink interior "It looks like a bunch of care bears threw up in here!"

"Hah, this is what I always imagined the inside of Tea's head would look like" Marik said, sticking his head through the window.

"What, pink and girly?" Joey asked.

"No, spacious and fluffy" Marik chuckled, walking over to his group, "Ugh, who on earth would want to own a piece of crap like that?" he said, wrinkling his nose in disgust at the green Mini.

Yami, his car keys in his hand, glared at Marik then walked over to the Mini and unlocked the doors.

"You're kidding!" Marik gaped "We're not all going to fit in there!".

"Sure we will" Tristan smiled, patting Marik on the back.

"Touch me again and I'll poke out your eyes with a butter knife" he hissed, narrowing his eyes at Tristan threateningly.

"Now, now, play nice children" Tea giggled.

"Ooh, gum!" Bakura cried happily, spotting a piece of chewing gum on the pavement. No one moved quick enough to stop him peeling it off and shoving it in his mouth.

"Ok, that's gross" Malik muttered.

"This gum tastes funny" Bakura said, spitting it back out again.

"Come on!" Yami yelled impatiently.

"Alright I'm com-ooh gum!" Bakura shouted, picking up the gum he just spat out.

"This is going to be a long trip" Tristan sighed.
Sign up to rate and review this story