Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love Is War

Recruits and Guns

by BlackEgyptianKitten 0 reviews

Summery: Yugi is an average 18 year-old boy, at least until he is sent to war. What happens when he meets his true love? Will this war end it, before the man he loves knows? YYXY

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 1842 words

0Unrated
Love is War

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh. Sadly. .:sniff:.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yugi sat next to Yami as they both went through reports and health records of the new recruits.

"Hey look, it is mine." Yugi muttered a bit.

Yami looked over and saw the small report, his crimson eyes scanning it before a smile appeared on his face.

"Boy, aren't you healthy." Yami said.

Yugi frowned a bit. "Are you being sarcastic?"

"No, I'm being truthful." Yami grinned.

Yugi lightly hit his arm. Why Yami was making a joke out of his records, he didn't know why, but it made him feel a little better.

"How 'bout this guy? He has bin in the army for a couple of years..." Yami said showing Yugi one of the reports.

"Yeah." Yugi said taking hold of it and examining it. "Yeah, this guy would be great." Yugi repeated, giving Yami back the report.

Yami stood up and stretched. "Ok. We have bin up for three hours. Now how 'bout we go to bed. I'm sleepy." Yami said, pointing to his watch.

Yugi frowned. 2:48 a.m. 'Have I really bin up that long? It doesn't seem like it...' Yugi thought. "Yeah. Lets get some sleep." Yugi said getting up from his own chair.

Yami picked up the four reports of the men, and one woman, that Yugi and himself had bin looking at. Yami walked out of the room, Yugi fallowing him, and walked down the hall till the reached a different part of the half abandon palace. "Here we are." Yami said as he opened the room's door. "This is your room. Mine's down the hall, third door to last if you need anything." Yugi nodded and watched Yami go down the hall and into his own room before going into his.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yugi dropped his backpack that he had bin painfully caring all day onto his bed and rubbed his shoulders. "Ouch. My shoulders hurt.." Yugi whined as he rubbed them a bit more.

After a not-so-relaxing massage on his shoulders he slipped into the bed, not caring if he was still in his cloths. It was cold out, and he wanted to be prepared for having to get up and run out of the room if under attack.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yami sat on his bed. Sleep didn't accompany him tonight. He knew it. He saw Yugi was tired though, and didn't want to pressure him into any more work.

He sighed. His first real friend in a long while. Just because he was a commander didn't mean he wasn't human. All the other soldiers were afraid that if they acted differently around Yami, like playing a small joke, that they even knew he would laugh at, he would punish them. Severely.

Yami pulled out a small locket from under his shirt and opened it, catching a little piece of paper. He looked at the small child in the picture.

The child was a girl. A young girl around the age of ten or nine. Her hair was black. Pure black. And he eyes crimson red. Her skin was a light tan. She was smiling in the picture, holding a sign saying "We'll miss you. Come back soon." on it.

Yami sighed. It was his little sister. The one who was lost at what was going on and wasn't even sure if he was still alive. Sure, she was in hiding with his mother, but seeing as the enemy was able to kill his father, then there was great chance of them getting to her.

Yami looked down at the small paper in his hand and opened it, revealing a messy note, written in a hand of the little girl.

'Atem,

I'm going to miss you while you are at war. I hope you'll end this, and come home. Momma's bin crying, saying she has seen you on the ground dead several times. But I don't believe that. I know you wouldn't die. Come home soon.

Senarius

P.S. I learned how to write in English!'


Yami smiled at his sister's believing in him and chuckled at the part stating she had learned how to write in English.

"Good job Senarius. Good job." Yami said quietly. His smile faded a bit. It was a letter his sister had written recently, and the only letter he had gotten in months.

Yami shook a bit when what sounded like a fire cracker rang out. He knew it was just some new recruits just practicing, but it still worried him a bit.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Later on. 11:00

Yami and Yugi sat and watched as some other commanders picked out some recruits not bothering with their records.

Yugi frowned seeing them being picked out like fruit in a fruit stand. 'They should be picked out by how strong they are and how long of a will they have, not by how strong the look.' Yugi criticized in his head.

Yami saw his sudden change of face and looked up. "Are you okay?" Yami whispered.

"Yeah. Just wondering why they just pick them out like fruit."

Yami chuckled. "I was almost thinking the same thing."

Yugi smirked a bit. Something that he didn't do to often.

As soon as the last of the other commanders left Yami and Yugi pulled out the four reports and called each person out by name.

"Koujin Nomonakie." Yugi called out as a short hair girl came out, looking no older then Yugi. He hair was blue and blonde and skin was between peach and tan.

"Jonouchi Katsuya."Yami called as a blonde guy came out, looking a year older than Yugi.

"Honda Hiroto." Yugi said as a man with brown hair came out. His hair went into a point.

Yugi looked at him bewildered. 'Unicorn much?' Yugi thought before shaking his head.

"Mikuro Santamatie." Yami called out as a guy with black and blue hair came out, looking a year younger than Yami himself.

"Okay. That is all of them." Yugi said to Yami.

Yami nodded. "Fallow me." Yami ordered as Yugi and the four recruits fallowed.

Yami lead them all into an open area with card board bodies.

"Okay. Men-"

"Eh hmm!"

"And woman." Yami said smiling sheepishly at the half angered woman. "This is your course to show me how far, and how good you can shoot."

Yugi gulped. 'Great. Gun time. I'm probably gonna end up shooting a pedestrian..' Yugi paled at the thought of it.

"Up first, and this is a cheesy old saying, ladies first." Yami said showing Koujin to a box like thingy with a gun bolted to the counter. Yami placed some goggles over her eyes and helped her handle the gun. He walked a foot away. "Okay. When I say fire. Shoot one or two at a time, but no more. And when I say hold fire. Stop." Yami explained. "Fire."

Gunshots were heard.

"Hold your fire." Yami called as Koujin stopped. Yami went over the cad bored bodies and smirked, hand on hips. "Dear Ra I doubt you need any more practice. Beat me by a mile." Yami complimented knocking down the card board bodies.

"How did I do commander?" Koujin asked excited.

"Wonderful. Right on the heart." Yami said smiling. "Okay, Yugi, your turn." Yami called as Yugi nervously went up to the box. Yami placed the goggles on him and helped him position himself.

Yugi tensed.

"Okay, like Koujin, when I call fire. You shoot. When I say hold fire, you stop." Yugi nodded. "Fire."

Shots again were heard.

"Hold fire." Yami called. Yugi stopped.

Yami looked at the bodies. And smiled, looking at them.

'I suck. I suck. I suck. I suck.' Yugi repeated in his mind over and over.

"Good try Yugi." Yami said as he went over the Yugi again. "But maybe we should try again."

'Shit.'

"Okay. Hold the gun placing your hand on the trigger like this, and your hand on the bottom of the gun right here to keep it in place." Yami said, moving Yugi's hands to the right spots.

Yugi felt a small shock in his heart. He sort of liked it. The shocked ended though when Yami let go.

"Okay. Fire."

Gun shots.

"Hold fire." Yami check the bodies. "Good Yugi. Right on the dot." Yami said smiling.

Yugi sighed as he went back to where Koujin and the others were. Yami did Jonouchi next and Honda after him. Jonouchi weren't to good either. Honda was though. And Mikuro did good as well.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yami and Yugi sat down at a table. It was dinner time now and they were just as hungry as all the others.

"Thanks Yami." Yugi said.

Yami looked at Yugi bewildered. "Why thank you?" Yami asked.

"You taught me how to use a gun."

"Haven't you ever used one?"

"Nope."

"Water gun?"

"No. Can't keep hold."

Yami chuckled. "Not even a water gun? That makes sense. I saw you tense."

Yugi looked down. "I knew it was noticeable." Yugi muttered.

"Hey commander, Yugi, do you mind-?"

Yami and Yugi shook their heads.

"No. No. It is okay." Yugi said smiling, scooting down the bench to make room for Koujin.

"Thanks."

"You did good today Koujin." Yami complimented.

"Thank you commander."

"Please. Call me Yami. Yugi dose." Yami said smiling.

"Okay.." The girl said as she smiled. She stared at Yami and Yugi for a long time. "I'm sorry, but I have to know. Are you two related?"

Yami snickered a bit. "No. We just met when we were picking up Yugi from his house."

"Oooh." Koujin said in awe. "It is just you guys look so much alike."

"Your right." Yugi agreed.

Yami nodded. "Yeah, hey, now we know, if I get lost, you can pass as me." Yami said smirking.

"Maybe.." Yugi said smirking as well. "I could ruin your reputation here knowing that."

Yami frowned. "You wouldn't do that to me would you?"

"Na. You worked to hard." Yugi said, his smirk turning into a small smile.

Yami sighed, a bit relieved.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


All three started to chat before a bell rang and every one had to go to their rooms.

Yugi and Yami walked back to theirs knowing that they couldn't walk Koujin back to her's. The reason, no boys were aloud where the girl's rooms were.

"Night, Yugi." Yami said as he waved to Yugi.

"Good night Yami." Yugi said before retreating into his room. "Boy, today was... weird.." Yugi said as he smiled. He got dressed into sleeping pants, but kept his black tank top on.

Yami sat in his room thinking of what happened today. He lightly touched the palms of his hands.

"How weird.. I felt a tingle when I touched Yugi..." Yami frowned. "Unless there was a bug and I accidently squished it." Yami chuckled a bit at the thought. "Hope I wasn't right."

Yami stood up from his bed and walked over to the window. "Tomorrow is when we leave. I hope my squad is ready." he said before going to bed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


BE Kitten: Please Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story