Categories > Anime/Manga > Tsubasa/xxxHolic

Call Back Later

by Lyzz 0 reviews

A phone goes unanswered.

Category: Tsubasa/xxxHolic - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Doumeki, Watanuki - Published: 2006-11-23 - Updated: 2006-11-24 - 267 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Some domesticated!fic, dedicated to hydr0phobia over at LJ, for inspiring it.

---

If the phone went unanswered, it was for a good reason. You see, Watanuki was asleep, fast asleep, and this was the first occurrence of such an event in quite some time. And to think, all it took was a change to a different pillow.

Currently, this new pillow was in a state of contemplation. Actually, he was almost always in a state of contemplation, but that's beside the point.

He realized that he could not reach the ringing phone from where he was sitting on the couch, so answering it would require removing the sleeping boy's head from his lap. This was something he did not want to do, both because it would wake the smaller boy and because he was very comfortable at the moment.

So, instead of answering it, he did the next best thing. He picked up a pillow (one of the hateful ones that had refused to bring his Watanuki rest) and chucked it at the offending appliance, as its ringing threatened to put an end to the much-needed sleep of the blue-eyed boy.

While this (admittedly somewhat violent) action did not put a cease to the noise (the thing was as stubborn and loud as the shorter of its two owners), the phone was now on the floor, covered by the pillow. Thus, the sound was muffled enough to be bearable. The pillow tosser then relaxed and returned to stroking the soft black hair of the resting boy.

After all, Doumeki reasoned, they could always call back later.
Sign up to rate and review this story