Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Addict For Dramatics

Chapter 6: Suddenly Between Sheets and Eyelids, I am Reminded Why I Don't Do This.

by MMMramen 10 reviews

Lola and Pete attempt to discuss what has taken place and our heroine gets some unexpected visitors.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Published: 2006-11-24 - Updated: 2006-11-24 - 1219 words

5Funny
Update time, yay! I'm a little disappointed in the chapter, mostly because it's short and it sucks. It just feels forced. Oh and I'm pretty sure I stole a scene from Crystal. OK, stealing is too strong of a word...it's more like an homage to a better writer. Bah, just read.

My eyelids slowly flicked open, revealing a cluttered nightstand. Funny, my room doesn't have Transformers in it.

My eyes widened at the bare, tattooed arm draped over my waist and the steady stream of hot breathing against my neck. You didn't...

I lifted the blanket slightly and peered down at my naked body. My gaze shifted to the carpet, where the clothes that once covered me were strewn about. Oh. My. Fucking. God.
My stomach churned violently at the realization of exactly how weak I still was for him. All rationality became a casualty of the moment...and I let it happen.

"Fuck." I whispered, closing my eyes in hopes of waking up from this nightmare.

"Hmm?" Came a grunt from behind me. He snuggled in closer and began to place small kisses along my jawbone. I shifted my body we could face each other. He leaned in, but was blocked by the blanket.

To say I never entertained the idea of rekindling our relationship would be a complete lie. Of course I've thought about it. But I promised myself that if we did, it would be on my terms.

"I think we've got some things to sort out, Peter." I said firmly, thinking he'd get the message. He rolled his eyes.

"What's there to talk about?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Perhaps it was a female tendency to talk a subject or issue to death, but I found our current situation to be one that called for of a serious discussion. Where do we stand? Where are we going with this? Are we back together? Do we even want to get back together? There were so many questions in desperate need of answering, but he seemed content with letting it linger.

"It's just...if we're going to try this again, we need to take it slow." His eyebrows furrowed.

"Lola, we dated for over two years." He said, as if that was at all relevant.

"And your point?" He gaped at me.

"My point is it's not like sex is a new experience for us. We've done this before," He beamed widely before adding "A lot." The heat rose to my round face immediately.

"I realize that. Nevertheless, it's different now, OK? I want to start over." He stared incredulously at me before sitting up.

"Why can't we start where we left off?" I knew it would be a difficult conversation, but I didn't expect it to be as angering as it was becoming.

"Why should we?" I asked, crossing my arms over my still bare chest. He continued to gawk at me, but then his face hardened.

"You don't trust me, do you?" He asked, his voice showing his apparent agitation.

"Do you honestly expect me to just jump back into it and completely forget what you did?" He threw the covers off him and slid out of bed. "You shared something that was supposed to be special with another woman."

"And I said I was sorry!" He screamed as he slipped into a pair of boxers. "I paid dearly for what I did! I refuse to stand here and continue to be punished because you can't accept my apology!" I watched in silence as he frantically raided his bureau for clothing. He dressed carelessly and made a swift exit. He could be heard storming through the house before the front door slammed. I wasn't sure where he was going and I didn't care. Perhaps he'll freeze to death.

Within my discarded hoodie pouch was my cell phone. In light of my quandary, I needed advice. I needed wisdom.

"'Ello?" Came Max's groggy response.

"Hey, it's Lola." He sighed heavily into the receiver.

"It may not be 7 in the morning in the Midwest, but it is on the West Coast. This better be important." I grinned, forgetting the two-hour time differential.

"I slept with Pete." I was met with, surprisingly enough, a moment of silence. My eyebrows furrowed together. "Max?"

"I'm sorry. I think I just had a seizure or something. What did you just say?" I breathed heavily and rolled my eyes.

"I slept with Pete."

"Yeah, definitely a seizure. What?"

"Max!" He giggled manically.

"Sorry, sorry." There was a brief pause. Then it truly sunk in. "You little floozy. How did this happen?"

"Well, when I man and a woman-"

"I can hang up, you know." It was my turn to apologize.

"I don't know. We were sitting on his bed and he wrote this song and-" He exhaled loudly.

"Jesus, Lol. You know better than to fall for that sensitive, sad musician scam."

"I know, I know. But he just...felt so good. I don't know." A dramatic gasp echoed through the earpiece.

"My God, you still fucking love him." I shook my head vehemently.

"I still care about him. There's a difference." Something told me he wouldn't go for that.

"So...are you guys...dating again?" I shrugged, fully aware of his inability to see the gesture.

"Considering we just had a fight, I don't think so." He chuckled.

"About what?"

"I said I wanted to start fresh. And he pretty much flipped out because I don't trust him."

"Well, why should he be trusted when he was the one banging that troll?" I smiled and, in all my naked glory, lay belly down on the mattress. See, Max gets it. Why doesn't Pete?

"Exactly. And what's to stop him from doing it again?" I began to trace patterns onto the soft, superhero themed sheets. Batman? I'm fucking a 12 year old.

"Absolutely nothing. Once a cheater, always a cheater." It was nice to be assured that I wasn't the irrational one.

"Honey, I'm home!" A male voice bellowed just seconds before its owner emerged from the stairwell.

"Jesus Christ, Andy!" I screamed, dropping my cell phone and pulling the blankets over my exposed form.

"Shit, I'm sorry Lola." He quickly spun around.

"What's going on? Who's yelling?" Dirty wasn't far behind him. "Lo? Are you n-"

"YES! GET OUT!" As if this little party couldn't get any better, Joe appeared.

"Everything-OH GOD!" My brother squawked before retreating down the stairs with Andy in tow.

"Ya mind?" I hissed at the remaining man.

"Not really." Dirty grinned mischievously and leaned against the banister.

"DIRTY!" The male physically cringed at my sibling's tone.

"See ya later, Lo-Lo." He winked and hurried down the steps.

Well, that was mildly horrifying.

I peered down at my phone sitting on the floor, still holding on to the person on the other end.

"Max?"

"What the fuck just happened?" He asked with a laugh.

"The guys are home. And I'm pretty sure Andy got a good look at my kidneys." My best friend dissolved into giggles.

"Gosh, I hope he's OK."




I'm sure you're saying to yourself "What? That's it? Well, I'll never get those 28 seconds back." The next chapter will be much better. I promise. Shout out to the DoJ and my reviewers. Much love
Sign up to rate and review this story