Categories > Original > Poetry

If you give someone the benifit of the doubt

by The_Wingless_Raven 0 reviews

It's like "if you give a mouse a cookie" only it's different...kinda...

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2006-11-24 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 196 words - Complete

0Unrated
Note: This is to the beat of "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and is a warning towards someone I know. I wonder if they'll figure it out.

If you give someone the benifit of the doubt, they might pull through once or twice.

If you CONTINUE to give someone the benifit of the doubt, they'll start letting you down more and more.

When you STOP giving someone the benifit of the doubt, they get bitchy and say "Have a little faith in me."

When you GIVE someone that faith, they'll let you down again and again.

When you STOP giving someone that faith they'll get bitcy and say "Can't you give me the benifit of the doubt just for once?"

Then I yell, "No! You don't deserve the benifit of the doubt! You don't deserve any faith in you! You have to EARN it because you always let me down!"

Then the person will start to try to guilt trip you into giving them faith or they'll make promises you know they won't or don't want to keep.

THEN I slap the person across the face and walk away saying, "I'm tired of this."
Sign up to rate and review this story