Categories > Movies > Corpse Bride

A Better Ending

by bruce2112 1 review

Corpse Bride movie epilogue: Victor just had the strangest dream. Wait till he tells his wife about it...

Category: Corpse Bride - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-24 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 261 words - Complete

0Unrated
A Better Ending

Try as he might, Victor just could not get to sleep. He tried staring at the ceiling, he tried counting sheep, he tried all kinds of things, but nothing worked.

He made an effort not to disturb his wife, but she was a very light sleeper and she soon stirred, rolled over, and wrapped a sleepy arm around him.

"Still can't sleep?" she murmured.

"No," he whispered. "I did a bit, but..."

"Another of those strange dreams?" she asked. "What was this one about?"

Victor sighed. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me," she said. And so, he did.

She listened to his account and then laughed softly. "Victor Van Dort," Emily teased, "You have a strange and wonderful mind." She crept on top of him and found his lips in the darkness. "But I love you, anyway..."

"...And wait 'til I tell Victoria and Barkis when they join us for supper tomorrow!"

"Don't you dare," Victor warned.

She touched a hand to her mouth and giggled.

Her heart-shaped face, glowing softly in the moonlight, was every bit as beautiful as the day he had married her two years before. He reached up with his right hand, gently caressed her left cheek, and then he softly stroked the tip of her small upturned nose.

"I think we can write a better ending to that story ourselves," he suggested.

His wife pretended to be shocked. "Victor!"

"Pardon my enthusiasm," Victor whispered.

"Oh, I like your enthusiasm..."

'Twas a long time before Victor finally got to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story