Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Let's Spend Tonight on Top of the World

Pages of what's for sale, who's on the auction line.

by radioactive 3 reviews

You won't believe it. Actually, you probably can.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-11-26 - Updated: 2006-11-26 - 1021 words

0Unrated
"Do you know how this makes me feel?"

I glanced at William, who looked back at me. We then looked back at Pete, who was sitting on William's desk. Will and I were sitting in the two chairs in front of him. Will had his glasses on again; I had my hoodie on with the sleeves pushed up. Trohman and Andy had taken positions in the hallway like bodyguards, but for Pete or me and Will I had no idea.

I bit the inside of my cheek and took in the scenario, letting my mind wander a little.

The text message from William had told me to get my ass back to his office as fast as I could. I couldn't very well just make the driver stop the bus so I could get off and run like a madwoman back to William's office. So, of course, I had to get off the bus.

Unfortunately, as easy as it sounds, it was much easier said than done. Joe and Andy followed me off the bus after I refused to tell them where I was going, as much as they pleaded and poked me and prodded me for information.

"Stop, okay?" I asked, sighing. I put my hood up. As though putting it up would put a forcefield around me to block off any unwanted questions...

"Where are you going?" Joe and Andy said in unison. Andy had gotten off his SideKick. It was now in his back jeans pocket. Joe looked like normal, except a little more worried. And a little more paranoid.

I stopped dead in my tracks about a block away from the office. Andy and Joe bumped into me, making me stumble over my feet as the impact hit.

I turned around and glared at them. "Ow?"

They grinned sheepishly, not looking very sorry at all as they muttered apologies.

"So why did you stop?" Andy asked, worry forming on his face.

"If I tell you, will you tell me I'm not such a horrible person?" I said, biting the inside of my cheek fiercely.

They both held up scouts' honor. I made Andy swear on his SK3 and Joe on his...fro. They both obliged, and in the span of five minutes, the whole story spilled out from my mouth.

"...and now William wants me to go back to his office as fast as I can, and that's where I'm going," I said in a rush.

Andy and Joe's faces formed confused, stunned, and humorous faces.

"So Will told you that you couldn't hang out with Pete because you're a minor, and then you go all over each other?" Joe asked, smirking. "My little rebel." He put his arm around my hip and pulled me to his side.

I pushed away. "Basically?"

Joe and Andy looked at each other and started laughing.

"IT'S SERIOUS!" I yelled at them, continuing to walk down the street, hoping they'd stay there and rot for the rest of time.

Unfortunately, like the little minions they were proving to be, they followed me to William's office building, not making a sound until I opened the door and it collided with Joe's face. He screamed bloody murder and I started yelling too.

"YOU IDIOTS!"

I whirled around and came face-to-face with Pete. He'd seen us walking by William's huge window (of course) and motioned for us to follow him. I winced the whole way, staring at the back of his head. The way his hair looked today was absolutely stunning. If I had to be a guy by some reason, I wanted my hair to look like his...oh. Sorry.

We came to William's office (where we were now). Andy and Joe stayed outside, even though Pete asked if they wanted to come in (their responses had been laughably stubborn).

So that's where we were now.

"Michelle?"

"Mmm?" I asked, snapping out of the past and into the shockingly horrible present. Pete was staring at me, shaking his head.

"Wow. I cannot believe you spaced out on this." He shut his eyes, sighed, and opened them again. "Do you want me to repeat the question?"

I didn't answer. I was too busy trying to think happy thoughts. William didn't stir either.

"Do. You. Know. How. This. Makes. Me. Feel?" Pete repeated, stressing every syllable. He was making me feel dirty, like we'd actually done the naughty, or whatever it was called nowaday. It was like we'd gone to Vegas and got married behind his back.

"No. No, Pete, I don't," I said, glaring at him. "But do you know how you're making me feel?"

Pete shook his head in wonder.

"You're making me feel like I went and freaking married him. You're making me feel like I like him more than I like you. You're making me feel like I was deliberate on this, that this was what I wanted." Tears started spilling down my face. I ignored them as I felt the mascara follow.

"You're making me feel like an asshole, Pete. And I for one know that I'm not." I stood on my feet and walked over to him, staring into his eyes. "Have you ever gotten drunk?"

Pete looked scared. He didn't respond.

I turned to Will, who wore a similar expression. "Do /you/?" I asked him.

He nodded, fear filling into his face.

"So you know what alcoholic influence can do to your sexual drive?" I asked him, more tears falling from my face.

He nodded again.

"That's what happened to you, Will. That's what made you scared of this happening again. This is what happened the first time, and it's happened again. Only now? Do you know how this time, it's different?"

He shook his head. I locked into his eyes.

"This is different because this time, the only people who know about this are people you can trust." Tears spilled out of my eyes and I collapsed onto the floor in a shivering, stuttering heap, bawling.

And as I heard the door swing open, with Joe, Andy, Pete, and William's concerned voices mixing together...

I felt scared.
Sign up to rate and review this story