Categories > Original > Poetry > A nightmare

A nightmare

by lizards_love 0 reviews

Read and see

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Horror - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-28 - 210 words - Complete

-1Boring
Come take my hand, we shall walk over clouds, so close to the sun. Come join me in a hike, over wondrous lands. Join me by a lake, and bask in the warm sun and cool wind. We are here. Let me lure you from the comfort zone. This peaceful lake turns into a dark muck pool, filled with hate. Things of unimaginable horror immerge, chasing you back to me. At last, you are in my grasp and you realize what I have become. What I am. You turn and run, only to have me appear in front of you again. You look into my eyes, and fall helpless into a trance. I sink my cold teeth into your warm flesh. You feel horrifying pain as my teeth pierce your skin, and then you feel nothing. You feel numb. I drink my fill of your blood, then let you fall into the pool to be consumed by the evil that lies there. You wake up in a cold sweat. You're in your room. A simple dream, but the nightmare holds its truths. Heed my warning. You are safe from me, for now.

* Yes, it is a vampire story! But it also holds the metaphor that beauty can be very misleading.
Sign up to rate and review this story