Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

The Last One Standing

by darks00 3 reviews

(Round 10) Thanks for everything, guys!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2011-12-27 - 894 words

0Unrated

Chapter 27: The Last One Standing

JOEY'S POINT OF VIEW:

Days after the court date, a writing analysis was done on Kyle's note. I was, in fact, his writing. Andy's court date is yet to be determained and is currently in house arrest until then.

The day had finally came. The answer of who won the Forgotten Bands contest. My Sanctuary were all huddled in a group. Andy couldn't come do to his house arrest. Good thing Kyle Layne's final letter he wrote before he died cleared my name. We all wanted Kyle to be with us in spirit, so we all used Kyle's presents given to us. Klaus had his brothers bass guitar with him, Kenny was wearing his leather jacket, Megan was wearing his chain necklace, Amy was actually wearing his make up, looking very pretty. I wore his chain bracelette.

The five of us put our hands in the middle.

"One, two, three..." muttered Kenny for good luck.

We all put our hands in the air and cried out,

"MY SANCTUARY!"

My Sanctuary were sitting up in front with DJ. Beside us was the two band members left from Euthansia.

"Now here's the moment we've all been waiting for after a full ten weeks." DJ began. "In my hand is the envelope of the winner of the contest."

By now the whole band was holding hands for conformance. It was nerve wracking. I took a deep breath.

He slowly opened the envelope.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." DJ began, "The winner of the record deal, ten thousand dollars and the honours of winning the first Forgotten Bands Contest is..."

A drum roll came, as he shouted...

"EUTHANASIA!"

All of us put our heads down in disappointment.

"I guess we should be happy," Whispered Megan. "They won by using our lyrics. And isn't that what music is supposed to be? Having fun, not for fame or fourtune?"

I smiled. "Maggie's right."

"Don't call me that!" Cried out Megan.

Everyone gave a soft laugh, as the two remainders of Euthanasia came up to us.

"WE WIN! IN YOUR FACE!" One of them screamed.

I gave them an evil glare. "I rather have lost then to be like you murders. You both won by our songs. You're lucky you're not arrested, too, for being an accomplice to murder due to no evidence."

That shut them both up.

"But," DJ continued, "we have stict rules for the Forgotten Bands. Two band members of Euthanasia aren't here. Rules state that all the band must attend. If a band member can't attend, they must find someone to replace them. You didn't find two people to replace Andy and Kyle. You guys are disqualified. My Sanctuary wins!"

All of us bursted out crying with happiness. We did it. Through hell we've been through, and we made it. Our dream came true, just because we refused to give up, even threw the tough times.

Kenny went to the two remaining Euthanasia players. "WE WIN! IN YOUR FACE!"

They both just pouted.

I then grabbed the mic from DJ.

"Thanks so much for voting for us," I began, as a beautiful women came up with a cardboard cheque. "This is really a dream come true"

I continued. "My Sanctuary and myself have been talking what we would do with the money if we did end up winning tonight. We thought of Kyle, who use to be with My Sanctuary, who recently past away. We thought of how much music means to us, and how we wished some people would be more support to us. So, in Kyle's memory, and for all the hard work My Sanctuary did...we're going to use the ten thousand dollars to start our own band camp! Of course, that's not enough money, but once we release our CD's, we'll have more then enough."

We got a round of an applause.

"Never give up," I continued. "Have confidence in yourself. That's how we won. My Sanctuary and myself are more than happy to start this band camp by ourselves, to help people reach their full potential in music. It will be named camp K.A.H.L., pronouced "cal", which are Kyle's innitals for his memory to stay alive."

More applauses.

We did it. We actually did it. I finally found my Sanctuary.

"I would like to leave you with these words my Uncle George once told me," I said, and continued to speak:

"If you have a dream, don't just dream about it, make it reality. To make the dream a reality, you must work hard for it.Don't take rejection too harshly, what one person doesn't like, another person loves. The harder it is to achieve a a dream, the more rewarding the dream is when it's achieved.

I put the mic back to the stand. Megan then approached me. She cupped her hands around my cheeks and kissed me on the lips.

The audience howled and cheered for us.

When we finally broke the kiss, I said, "Finally!"

She laughed. "Was it worth the wait?"

"Definately!"

I saw Amy and Kenny also give each other a little kiss while holding hands.

I knew this wasn't the end for My Sanctuary. There's always an encoure to every performance.

Besides, this is my sanctuary.

THE END

I hope you guys enjoyed the story, thanks for reading!

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story