Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Mistletoe Mishap

Mistletoe Mishap

by sabeybaby 0 reviews

Severus Snape gets stuck under the mistletoe. Who comes to his rescue?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: James, Lily, Lupin, Sirius, Snape - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 327 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Severus Snape hated the holidays. Especially Christmas. To him, it was the most horrid time of the year. People walked around with goofy grins on their faces, gifts were being exchanged everywhere he went, and not to mention everyone kissed enthusiastically under the mistletoe. That being the center of his unhappiness currently. For the past two hours, Severus had been stuck under the mistletoe because nobody wanted to kiss him.

Normally he'd continue walking and get on with his day. However, someone had charmed all the mistletoe around the castle to stop anyone who passed under it until they were freed by a kiss by another passerby. To most people this was no problem, but all the people who passed by him just laughed and continued walking.

So he was stuck. A sneer had imprinted itself onto his face and refused to be moved. His sneer just grew greater as the marauders stopped to laugh at him. Sirius Black was nearly hysterical with joy. He and James Potter gave eachother high fives and continued on their way, laughing gleefully the whole way. Severus could never have it easy.

Just then, seeing what the marauders had done, Lily Evans stopped by him. She frowned and shook her head. James, stopping in his tracks, turned around and came towards them again. Lily scolded James for his cruelty to Severus before stepping under the mistletoe herself. Then to everyone's astonishment, Lily freed Severus.

She gave him a kiss.

It was chaste, but pleasant. And it made Severus' day. The magic that held him under the mistletoe faded away and he gladly stepped away from it. Lily smiled at him softly before urging the mischevious Gryffindors back to their common room.

Severus, from then on, was cautious as to which doorways and halls had mistletoe hanging in them. Unless Lily was around of course. Those times he was slightly more careless.

Maybe, Severus thought to himself, the holidays aren't so bad.
Sign up to rate and review this story