Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When Our World Ends

When Our World Ends

by Leigh_Ashworth 4 reviews

Brendon thinks about his relationship with Pete as the world meets its demise.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover, Romance - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-01 - 520 words - Complete

0Unrated
Panic! At The Disco/ Fall Out Boy
Short 1 shot
When Our World Ends

*Sirens are going off*

Radio Announcer: Attention people of the world. We are sad to announce that our beautiful planet Earth is going to implode in 12 hours and 34 minutes. Scientists and Government officials have confirmed that there is absolutely no way to fix this problem. I'm sorry that this would be the end.


*Brief Silence*

Radio announcer: Folks, I have just been informed that the reason for the Earth's implosion is the cause of radiation and toxic waste that has seeped deep into the Earth's core...

The oceans begin to flood the ground.



Patrick gets up and turns off the radio. Pete, Andy, Joe, Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, and Jon are all quiet as Patrick sits back down beside Ryan.

*Knocking as a Fueled By Ramen and Decaydance executive comes in.*

"You are all free to go if you want."

They all left; closing the door behind them.


The sun was setting with 2 hours until implosion. Pete and Brendon are alone together out in their yard standing by the trees; watching buildings fall and the earth crumbled beneath their feet.

Brendon looked into Pete's eyes and thought as Pete kissed him long and hard.



We held hands on the last night on earth. Our mouths filled with dust. We kissed in the fields and under trees, screaming like dogs, bleeding dark into the leaves. It was empty on the edge of the town, but we knew everyone floated along the bottom of the river. So we walked through the waste where the road curved into the sea and the shattered seasons lay, and the bitter smell of burning was on you like a disease. In our cancer of passion, you said, "Death is a midnight runner."

The sky had come crashing down like the news of an intimate suicide. We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars that wore like an antique wedding dress. The echoes of the past broke the hearts of the unborn, as the Ferris wheel silently slowed to a stop. A few insects skittered away in hopes of a better pastime. I kissed you at the apex of the maelstrom and asked if you would accompany me in a quick fall; but you made me realize that my ticket wasn't good for two. I rode alone.

You said, "The cinders are falling like snow." There is poetry in despair, and we sang with unrivaled beauty, bitter elegies of savagery and eloquence, of blue and grey. Strange, we ran down desperate streets and carved our names in the flesh of the city. The sun has stagnated somewhere beyond the rim of the horizon, and darkness is a mystery of curves and lines. Still, we lay under the emptiness and drifted slowly outward; and somewhere in the wilderness we found salvation scratched into the earth like a message.



2 minutes until Earth implodes.

Brendon pulls away from the kiss.

"I love you Peter."
"I love you too Brendon."

They embraced each other one last time as the end life approached them.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Earth implodes.
Sign up to rate and review this story