Categories > Original > Fantasy > A Girl's Tears

What Happens when the sky grows dark?

by EvilAngel1990 0 reviews

Now Angel has a new master, but will she live to see her next birthday? find out in this chapter of A Girl's Tears.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-12-05 - Updated: 2006-12-05 - 1914 words

0Unrated
Angel just stares out the window, watching the world go by. Light darts of rain starts to form and drop silently onto her face. Edixir reaches over past her and closes the window to keep the rain out. Angel does not move an inch as he approaches. Her gaze never moves from as though she could see right threw the door and heavy rain. The rain starts to bang heavier and more violently on the roof of the carriage. They sat in silence for the rest of the trip. Edixir completely cave up on trying to talk to her to get to know more about her for she remained silent.
When they finally reach Edixir's mansion he put on a scowl and exited the carriage leaving Angel behind. Angel woefully fallows with her head lowered to the ground so she doesn't have to look at the people who, wait for Lord Edixir to enter his home. She is barely able to notice Edixir had stopped and stop herself. Angel slowly looks up at the large mansion made of black iron, and chrome. It was elegant with lovely carvings and detailed gargoyles but also very dark and mysterious and she didn't like it one bit but she does not show it. She remains emotionless and cold.
"Fallow me." Lord Edixir stated as he walks toward the castle. His raven black hair is tossed violently in the wind but his cold golden eyes remain un-phased. Angel walks behind him keeping her gaze fixed on the ground her master walked on and carefully stepping into the footprints he left behind. When they reach the entrance of the massive black castle Angel can't suppress a shutter.
"Welcome to your new home, Angel." He said as the very long dark doors open to reveal a warm palace with touches of light colors everywhere. The room is lined with servants and slaves, all are dark and some are dirty. A large fireplace roars, with a large flame making light dance across the walls. The wonderfully expensive furniture is black, beautifully lit with an attractive gold trim, looks as if she could lie on it and fall asleep instantly.
Angel askes almost with regret: "What are to be my duties, master?
Edixir does not answer her until they reach the kitchen.
"Your duties will be cleaning the entire castle top to bottom. If I find one speck of dust I will make you wish you were never born." He says pushing her into the kitchen and slamming the door behind him. She looks around and sees many eyes looking in her direction. Their lips all curl into disturbing grins, and plotting smiles. Angel is not going to be discouraged. She will tend to her duties proudly and with honor. The sound of clattering dishes, and shuffling feet come to her ears as the people in the room stated to drop what they were doing and leave her alone to do all of the work. The first person out of the door told the rest that Angel was ordered to clean everything all by herself with no help from anyone, and that they should all go to bed and let her handle the castle. She has long blond hair that reaches her waist, her features are pale, and her fraim is slender but well endowed. 'She is beautiful.' Angel thinks. She does not mind that she has to do all f the wor herself, she prefers to work alone and undisturbed. Angel set to work in the kitchen, then moved on up to the attic then down to the dungeons. She scrubs and scrubs but some of the bloodstains do not come out of the stone floor. The rest of the castle is spotless but she just couldn't get the dungeons to look descent. No matter how hard she scrubs she cannot remove the dried crimson stains from the cold stone. She eventually tires of working in one spot so she walks across the room to find an iron door bolted shut.
"What could be behind here?" she whispers to herself, "maybe I should just leave it. But lord Edix-I mean, master will kill me if I do not clean the entire palace."
She desides she should go in and clean what is in the closed room. Slowly she reaches to find a way to open it and when her tiny fingers brush up against the door it swings open to let her in. Angel jumps back in surprise then calms down. 'This is a mage's castle. Don't be so surprised.' She thinks to herself making a mental note. She carefully steps into the unending darkness in the now opened door. Once inside light flickers on and dances across the room. Directly across the room she sees a form lieing against a wall and bound by heavy chains. As she steps closer she can see that the form is a man with wild black hair, marred flesh and is unconcious. She creeps over to him as close as she dare get without waking him.
"He's beautiful." she whispered.
Her hands gentilly touched the rough surface of his face. 'He hasn't been down here too long, judging from his whiskers.' She mantaly noted. The man's eyes slowly opened and Angel backs away to a safe distance. The man jumps up and starts to strain against his chains to try to kill the human form in front of him. Angel becomes sevierly frightened and backs away a little more.
"Let me go you basterd!" he yells, "You will pay dearly for this!"
Angel does not replie. Her small heart beats fast as she attempts to approvh him. He lashes out at her, frightening her terrably. She trys once again to approvh him but this time she holds her hand out as if to a friend.
"Is this some sort of trick, you damned mage?" he growles.
"Nothing of the sort, sir." Angel says quiety, barly above a whisper.
"I see," he says lowering his head and closig his eyes with a grin playing on his cracked lips. "First you beat me, then you nearly starve me to death, and you chain me to this wall in your dungen, and now you want to be my friend? That's funny. Ha ha ha. How ironic."
"He did what!?" Angel gaspes in alarm, "How could he? That's just... that's just... ughhhh!"
"What are you talking about Edixir? Your the one who did this to..." he stops in the middle of his sentance and sniffs the air in front of him and gasps in supprize, "Your not him! Who are you?" he asks in a kind voice. "Please, come into the light so that I may see you."
Angel does as she is told. Her face is as hard as stone.

"And I am Saltam, a prisoner here." he introduses himself with pride.
Angel stands perfectly still with a cold expression of ice on her gentile face.
"Forgive me, I did not mean to scare you." he says with a kind smile darting across his lips.
Angel replies coldly, "That's not what it seemed from my position."
"Please forgive me. I thought you were Edixir."
I'm three times smaller than him and I'm a girl. How could you posibly mistaqke me for him?" she said with a little twinge of anger in her voice.
"Edixir can change his appearance, so I have only one way of distinguishing him from anyone elce, and that's his smell."
"His smell?" she asked as if board.
"Yes, his smell. He reeks of blood and dark magic."
"I see." was all Angel said from that point on.
"What happened to you that you were sent to this hell hole? Were you kidnaped? Did he kill your family? Did he buy you at an auction?" he asked many more questions but never recieved an answer.
"You don't talk much do you little one?"
Angel's expressions did not change. It remained hard and cold as it has always been.
"I told you that I was sorry. So please talk to me. Tell me your name at least. No one has been down here eccept for that poor excuse for a human, Edixir."
Angel finaly spoke but there was no soal in it. To Saltam it was like listening to a robot. "My name is Angel, I'm a new servent here." she says coldly, "You talk too much. Your in a pittiful state. I'll go get some bandages, disinfectant, and food. I'll be back, don't do anything reckless."
With that she turned around and ran off leaving Saltam alone int the darkness. Fifteen minutes later Angel reterned with the items she promiced. She quickly and quietly went to work patching him up and giving him food and drink.
"Thank you for your kindness, Angel. I'm in your debt." he says bowing his head after his meal is finished off.
Angel stands up without a word and walks over to the other side of the room and sits down, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her head on them. Her arms wrap around her small legs comfertingly.
"I was sold." she suddenly said.
Saltem's head snapes to her direction.
"What?" he asks not believing that she was going to tell him her story.
"My father and I were poor farmers." she continued, "We worked for our land. My father took care of the garden of delisios fruits and vegitables that were to be sold in town, and I would take care of the animals. The cows we had would basicly milk themselves when I sang to them. The horses Pulled me onto their backs and let me ride them for as long as they needed to be rode. It was fun. But then... one day a fire started in the near-by village and destroied everything. My father couldn't pay for the damage done to our farm so e had no choice but to sell me. He told me that the man who is now my master baught me for a lot of money. A lot more than what I am worth. Te master told him that he had a great use for me at my current age though I don't know what that might be."
"Wow. That's terrable." he whispers, "How could he be so crule."
"What do you mean?" Angel asks rising her head to look at him.
"That bastard probibly started that fire. He was probibly the reson that your here."
"That's impossable." she gasps. "Whay would he do that?"
"Who knows. He's twisted and evil. Who knows what's going threw his sick mind."
Angel has heard enough. She rases to her feet and walks out of the dark dugen away from that man. Tears of blood start to fall from her inocent eyes. 'That can't be true.' she prays, 'It jst can't be. He isn't that evil is he? I know he didn't do it. He didn't cause that fire. But the who was that man who truely started the fire. I remember he was hunched over a pile of hay that my father and I sold to the people who run the mill. He set that fire.'She desids to find something to get her mind of of of what Soltam said. She cleaned every speck of dust that came across her path. She finaly finished and rested infront of the dead fire.
____________________________________________________________________________



That's chapter two. Hope you liked it.^^
Sign up to rate and review this story