Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Dear Order

Letter Two

by SilverWolf7007 11 reviews

"I don't care how you do it, just do it."

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Snape, Tonks - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2006-12-06 - 590 words

5Funny
Dear Order

Or, Twenty-One Letters to the Order of the Badly Singed Flamingo


/Letter Two - "I don't care how you do it, just do it."/

Three days had passed since Harry's first letter, and again there were eighteen people wandering about Headquarters.

In fact, aside from Molly, Hermione, Minerva and Ginny, who were in the kitchen cooking, everyone was in the lounge room this time. Mostly, they were chatting.

Albus had given up on reading two days ago, when someone (he suspected Severus) had turned his book on cacti into a book on the mating habits of werewolves.

Remus and Severus were again locked into a vicious battle, this time playing Exploding Snap.

Luna had convinced Fred to use a spell to lengthen George's hair, and she was now happily putting it into many tiny plaits. George was allowing her to do this, as she had also convinced him to grow Fred's fingernails a centimetre longer and had given him a manicure the day before.

For some reason, neither twin had bothered to protest too much - although this may have had something to do with the promise they had extracted from Luna to do the same to Bill, Charlie and Ron once she was done with them.

Minerva stepped out of the kitchen, the girls on her heels. Ginny immediately joined Luna, causing George to sigh loudly.

Molly wasn't far behind them, leaving the roast to, well, roast.

Naturally enough, it was about then that there was a tapping on the window (that Bill had been told to leave open and then promptly forgot about). Neville jumped up and let Hedwig inside.

She headed straight for Moody, who sighed and took the letter as Ron gave Hedwig a few owl treats.

The ex-Auror chuckled at the note, and needed no prompting to read it aloud.

"'Dear Order,

Have lost my mind due to boredom. Mad-Eye, please come help me find it.

Love Harry.'"


There was amusement shared around the table, along with sympathy for Harry and several pleas to be allowed to write to him, which Albus refused.

Moody, however, was still looking at Harry's letter. There was more written underneath, which he hadn't read aloud. It was meant for his eyes...well, his eye only.

'Mad-Eye,

I've written this in invisible ink, which I'm sure you can see with that eye of yours. Please don't tell anyone I wrote this - at least, not just yet.

Have Remus sniff the paper. I don't care how you do it, just
do it.

Ta!'


He sighed resignedly and made a show of sniffing the paper suspiciously. He thought he caught a hint of something, frowned in confusion, and held the letter out to Remus. "Here Lupin, you try. I think there's something on it."

Worried, Remus took the note and held it to his nose. He sniffed.

He sniffed again.

He sniffed a few more times, and then he froze. Slowly, he put the letter on the table and backed away.

Then he sneezed. Several times.

Moody felt mildly guilty for causing this, but mostly amused.

Remus managed to get his nose under his control and gave Moody a watery glare. "You bastards. You and him. Little tosser. He told you to do it, didn't he?"

His only answer was a smirk.

Hermione looked at her ex-professor curiously. "What was on it, Remus?"

He glowered at the innocuous-seeming little note on the table. "/Lavender/," he hissed viciously.

For some reason, this just made everyone laugh. He sneezed. They laughed harder.

Remus pouted.
Sign up to rate and review this story