Categories > TV > Charmed > A Forbidden Love

A Forbidden Love

by CallistaHogan 0 reviews

"Phoebe, you're the strongest person I've ever met. You have a heart of gold, but you need a special person to handle you correctly. I - I think I can," Cupid said, leaning in to kiss her again.

Category: Charmed - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 1300 words

0Unrated
Phoebe Halliwell, author of Ask Phoebe, sat on her couch in her condo, writing her latest article. She stopped writing for a moment, thinking about what had happened in the past year. They had to freeze Leo, Billie had found Christy, they had vanquished the Triad, Paige had gotten married...they had found out Billie and Christy were the Ultimate Power.

She still couldn't believe Billie and Christy were the Ultimate Power. Phoebe and her sisters had told Billie and Christy everything there was to know about being a witch, told them their deepest secrets, only to be betrayed by them. How - why? - did they betray them like this?

Phoebe had just gone back to her article, thoughts full of Billie and Christy, when Coop appeared over her shoulder. "Another article on love, I see," Coop acknowledged. "So, when are you going to stop worrying about other people's love lives and start worrying about your own?"

"As soon as I get this article finished," Phoebe said absentmindedly, typing away on her laptop.

Coop laughed, ever so quietly, as he tugged Phoebe's laptop out of her grasp and set it aside, closing it.

"Hey!" Phoebe yelled indignantly. "I was almost finished! I spent three hours on that article!"

"Phoebe," Coop said, slightly exasperated, as he sat down next to her. "Let's see. You've turned down Michael, Chuck and Dave all in the past two weeks! You can't keep turning down love, Phoebe."

"I know," Phoebe said, taking off her glasses. "But I just have too much on my mind right now."

"You always have room enough in your mind for love, Phoebe. You just have to make room," Coop said.

"How would you know?" Phoebe asked, heatedly, now getting slightly frustrated with Coop. "Listen, you tell me all about love, but do you really know what it is? Have you ever experienced it for yourself?" She looked inquiringly at Coop, waiting for an answer.

"Actually -" He contemplated telling her his true feelings. "Yes, I have."

"You - you have?" Phoebe said. Apparently she hadn't expected that answer. "Really? When?"

"Right now," Coop said, not even bothering to wonder what the Elders were going to say. Coop knew better than anyone else that love could not be confined within rules or boundaries. If the Elders didn't like it, then too bad. They couldn't stop Piper and Leo's love, and Coop had a feeling that they wouldn't be able to stop Phoebe and Coop's love either. That is, if Phoebe loved Coop.

"Really?" Phoebe asked, shocked. "Who are you in love with?"

"You," Coop said, barely audible through the deep rumble of cars as they went by, but for Phoebe, that one word sounded in her ears as though Coop had yelled it.

"W - what? You are - you're in love with me?" Phoebe stammered, shocked out of her mind. "But - but isn't that against all the Cupid rules?"

"Well, yeah, but that didn't stop Piper and Leo's love, did it?" Coop pointed out. He looked into Phoebe's deep brown eyes as he said this, trying to figure out if she, maybe, liked him back.

Phoebe stared at Coop, hardly believing her ears. One side of her, the logical side, told her that she shouldn't, because it was breaking all the rules, but then the risky side of her told her to go for it. Eventually, though, it was the risky side who won out. A little voice inside of her just kept saying, 'Why would you have dreamt that he was your heart's deepest desire if it wasn't true?'

"He is your heart's deepest desire," Phoebe muttered, inaudibly.

"What?" Coop asked.

Phoebe didn't mean to kiss him - it just happened. One minute she was staring into his brown eyes, the next...her lips were firmly pressed against Coop's. She wrapped her arms around Coop's neck, deepening the kiss. Then, all of a sudden, she got this feeling in the pit of her stomach. It felt warm and cozy, like she could just stay in Coop's arms forever.

They finally broke apart, their eyes locking. Phoebe laughed nervously. "Look what you've done now, Phoebe," she said. "Caught myself in another forbidden relationship."

Coop laughed. He gently cupped Phoebe's cheek with his hand. "Phoebe, you're the strongest person I've ever met. In different ways, too. You have a heart of gold, but you need a special person to handle you correctly. I - I think I can," Coop said, leaning in to kiss her again.

Phoebe smiled and leaned into the kiss, smiling. Paige suddenly Orbed it. "Hey! Me and Piper think we found a way to vanquish Billie and Christy -" she stopped in mid-sentence as she looked at the kissing couple.

"Paige!" Phoebe cried, exasperated, her brown eyes flashing as she reluctantly pulled away.

"Sorry!" Paige cried. "I didn't know I was interrupting anything!"

Phoebe cast an exasperated look at Paige, and reluctantly got up from the couch. "Sorry, Coop. Looks like I have to go. I'll be back," Phoebe said, walking over to Paige, who Orbed both Phoebe and Paige out.

They arrived in the attic of the Halliwell Manor, Piper throwing ingredients into a cauldron with extreme vigor. Phoebe walked over to Piper, and helped her. "Piper, are you sure you want to do this?"

"I have to, Phoebe. It's the only way to get Leo back," Piper said, throwing mandrake root into the potion. It bubbled and steamed, a puff of smoke enveloping Piper and Phoebe for a moment, before clearing out. "There, done."

"So, what are we going to do?" Phoebe asked.

"Well, we're going to summon them, and trap them in a crystal cage, and throw this power-stripping potion at them. It should work, if they're not terribly powerful." She shook her head. "I hope they're not. I want to get Leo back," Piper said softly.

"But -" Phoebe said. She didn't want to strip Billie of her powers. After all, Billie was one of them, in a way.

"Don't think I want to do this, Phoebe, because I don't. I love Billie as much as you do. But, if it's the only way to get Leo back, then I'm ready to try absolutely anything," Piper said. "Okay, let's do it."

Phoebe sighed, and nodded. "Paige, the crystals," she said.

"Already on it," Paige said. She walked over to a table, and grabbed the box of crystals. She set seven of them in a circle, holding on in her hand, as she walked over to stand next to her sisters.

"Okay. Let's do it," Piper said. She turned the pages of the Book of Shadow until she reached the Summoning Charm. The three sisters chanted the spell.

"They're coming," Phoebe said. "Go on, Paige." Paige walked into the shadows, and waited. Billie and Christy appeared in the circle of crystals. Christy narrowed her eyes angrily.

"What are you doing?" Christy demanded.

"This," Paige said, setting down the last crystal. Several white bands created a cage, trapping Billie and Christy inside it.

"What are you doing with us?" Billie said, her eyes narrowing into slits.

"You know perfectly well. You're the Ultimate Power. You're the thing we need to fight to get Leo back," Piper said, and threw the power-stripping potions, one at Christy, and one at Billie. Two fires erupted, one in Billie, and one at Christy. They screamed in unison, and as one, a huge explosion sounded, the windows breaking.

As soon as the smoke cleared, however, there was Christy and Billie, standing there as though they had never been in the midst of an explosion.

"Uh-oh," Phoebe said. Billie cast a malevolent look at the Charmed Ones, before Christy threw down a potion, and they disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Piper sighed. "What are we going to do now?"
Sign up to rate and review this story