Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yellow Roses

by The_Wingless_Raven 1 review

Jou and Yami have been haning out a lot lately, and Yugi doesn't know why, until Jou shows up with a dozen yellow roses. Warning: Mostly drabble.

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Joey Wheeler, Tea Gardner, Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 383 words - Complete

0Unrated
Note: Don't even ask...

Yellow Roses:

"Jou's been hanging out with Yami a lot lately..." Anzu said suspiciously after watching Jou and Yami run upstairs together.

Yugi just sighed and changed the channel, he'd had enough of watching people duel on TV.

"I'm not sure I want to know... Yami always closes our mind link when they're together."

Anzu's eyes widened and she jumped away from Yugi in shock.

"You don't think!? EWWW!!!" she squealed.

He looked over at her with his eyebrows raised. "What's wrong with two men loving each other?"

"It's just, gross!"

Yugi glared at her before throwing down the remote and stomping upstairs.

"Is it something I said?" she asked herself, blinking in confusion.

---(change of scene)---

"Ok, so you're sure this'll work?" the blonde asked the boy sitting next to him.

"No, I'm not sure this will work, but it's worth a try. I mean, he is a real sap for this kind of thing!" the other boy said.

Jou sighed, "This isn't gona work, is it?"

"Not a chance in the afterlife." The pointy-haired teen snickered.

The blonde stood up and paced furiously about the room.

"What am I going to do!?" he growled in frustration as he ran his fingers roughly through his hair.

"Here," the other said, thrusting a wad of bills into the blonde's hands. "Take that and figure out what to do. Now, do you know anything about trigonometry?"

Jou instantly vanished at the mention of complex math problems.

---(the next day)---

Jou stood outside the Kame Game Shop, staring at the window of Yugi's bedroom. He sighed as he knocked on the door.

A cheerful little face greeted him as the door opened.

"Hiya Jou! What's up? Oh-..." he trailed off as he saw the flowers in Jou's hand. "Who are those for?" he asked quietly.

The blonde scrunched his eyes and outstretched the bouquet of yellow roses to his friend.

"I, I think I love you!" he blurted out, his cheeks turning scarlet.

As he took the bouquet, the smaller boy's cheeks turned bright pink.

"I, I think I love you too..." he muttered, burying his nose in the flowers.

"Really?" he opened his eyes, stunned.

"Yeah, really..." Yugi sighed as he inhaled the wonderful aroma of a dozen yellow roses.
Sign up to rate and review this story