Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter 25

by angellbaby28 2 reviews

could this be the start of something new?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 934 words

0Unrated
Emily met the guys at their house and was surprised to see that Ryan and Becca were joining them. She decided that she wasn't going to let that stop her from having a good time. She was wearing her favorite little black dress that hugged her body in all the right places. She felt comfortable and happy and was set on having fun at this party. Like Brendon said, it was a good thing that she was getting out!

"Luke's house isn't too far from here, so we thought that we would just walk over, if you can do that in those shoes!" Spencer teased, linking arms with his best friend. They all headed out and five minutes later, they arrived at the house. Emily could tell that she was going to have fun. There were tons of people there already, most of them pretty drunk already. Emily dragged Brendon inside with her, the others following closely behind. Brendon led her to the kitchen and got them each a beer. A guy came into the kitchen and grabbed Brendon. Emily assumed that this was Luke.

"Emily, this is my best friend Luke. Lukey, this my dear friend Emily." Brendon introduced the two. Before they had a chance to talk, Brendon had disappeared into the crowded room. Emily laughed as she took a drink from her cup.

"So Emily, how did you and Brendon meet?" Luke asked, pouring himself another beer.

"Well, I went to high school with Spencer and Ryan and I met Brendon and Jon a few years ago when they first started the band." Emily explained. "I'm assuming that you and Brendon went to school together." Emily said, following Luke into the living room.

"We sure did and our moms grew up together, so we spent a lot of time together." Luke replied, sitting on the couch. Emily sat down beside him and they talked for a while. Emily couldn't help but notice that Ryan kept looking over at them. Emily quickly smiled at him. "Do you want to dance Emily?"

"Sure!" Emily led him onto the crowded make-shift dance floor that had been set up in the living room. Emily threw her arms around his neck and danced slowly with him.

*

Ryan and Becca were sitting on the couch across the room. Ryan tried to convince himself that he wasn't jealous, but seeing Emily talking to Luke made him feel pretty darn jealous.

"Baby, are you listening to me?" Becca whined, pulling on Ryan's collar. He smiled and kissed her quickly. "Are you okay? You don't seem like yourself tonight..."

"I'm fine Becca. I am just a little tired. I've been up pretty late the past few nights writing new lyrics. We are going to start working on the new record as soon as I get this stupid cast off." Ryan explained quickly, turning his attention back to his girlfriend. He smiled as he kissed her again. "I'll be right back. I'm going to get a drink. Do you want anything?"

"No thanks, just you." Ryan laughed and kissed her one more time before making his way to the kitchen. Brendon and Spencer were hanging out in the kitchen, talking to some people who Ryan assumed Brendon went to high school with. "Hey guys!"

"Hey Ry, this is Dan, Jill, and Mark. I also went to school with them. This is Ryan, our guitar player." Brendon introduced them.

"It's really nice to meet you guys." Ryan said shyly, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. "So Emily and Luke seem to be getting along really well." He observed, sitting at the table with them.

"Yeah, she seems really happy." Spencer said, pulling a deck of cards out. "Want to play some poker?" Everyone agreed, and after the first hand, Emily and Luke came into the kitchen. "Hey guys."

"Hey! Bren, I don't know how you kept this girl a secret from me for so long!" Luke teased, sitting on the empty chair beside Ryan. He quickly pulled Emily onto his lap. "She's pretty awesome."

"Well, you're not too bad yourself Mr. Luke." Emily said, laughing. "Are you guys playing poker?" She questioned.

"We sure are! Do you guys want in?" Ryan asked, shuffling the cards.

"Yes please!" Emily said, smiling at him.

*

"Em, we're taking off." Brendon said, resting his hand on Emily's shoulder. "Are you going to come with us?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind." Emily said, getting off the couch. "Thanks for tonight Luke. I really needed it! Give me a call sometime and maybe we can go out for coffee or something?" She said, pulling her jacket on.

"For sure, that would be great." He leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. "See you around." With that, Emily followed Spencer, Jon, Ryan, and Brendon outside. She had a huge smile on her face.

"So, did you have fun tonight?" Jon asked, putting his arm around her shoulder.

"Most fun I have had in a long time. Luke is awesome."

"Aw our little Emily is growing up!" Brendon cooed. Emily playfully hit him in the chest. "Hey Ry, where is Becca? I thought that she was planning on crashing at our place tonight."

"She has to work in the morning, so she just decided to go back to her place." Ryan said quietly. "Are you coming back to our place Emily or are you going to go back to your apartment?" Ryan asked.

"I am going to go back to my place. I need to start unpacking."

"Do you mind if I walk you there?"
Sign up to rate and review this story