Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Pretty In Punk

1

by journeythrutime 0 reviews

=]

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-10 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 849 words

0Unrated
P.O.V Erica

We're on tour again. It's awesome, but I miss all my friends at home. At least I have Nina (my best friend), Fran, and Skyler (Sky). Our band, Panic and Dance, is amazing. Nina and I write the lyrics, I play guitar, Nina plays keyboard, Fran plays bass, and Sky plays the drums. Nina and I are the sweet and vicious kids. The others are a little too nice.
I miss home so much. I live in California in a big ass apartment with my band mates. Life is good. But it always seems like there is something missing. Love. I hate that word. Ironic isn't it? I have a boyfriend, his name is David, but, I don't know. I don't feel the way a boyfriend and girlfriend should feel about each other. I don't really want to think about it right now. All I have to say is, what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago.
Well, we don't have any opening bands for us, so we are by ourselves. Chicago is our last stop. We're all so excited! We are staying in the Ritz hotel for a couple of nights, and then we were going back to California.
We arrived at the hotel and it was amazing. It was probably the best out of any of the hotels that we've stayed at. I heard there was another famous band here. I could care less. All people in bands are selfish, greedy, and snobby. Yes, that's the way I think of myself, in a less intense way though. I wanted to try to avoid them as much as possible, but I never saw them anyways. We were well rested for the concert that night. When we all woke up, we started to take showers and get dressed. I was wearing my short black skirt and black tights with a black button down shirt with a pink tie. We were ready. We all got in my black Mercedes and drove to the show. It was in a huge stadium. We walked in and went backstage and I did my warm up exercises. I jumped up and down, sang a song or two, and ran around. My friends thought I was a freak, but it was the only way to get me pumped up. Nina enjoyed watching me look like a loser, so she would watch and laugh. Our manager came in and he said that we have to give our 1000% effort. He always said that, but he looked serious. He said that Panic! At the Disco was coming.....holy.....crap......no effing way!! That was my band's favorite group. They inspired us in becoming a band, so they really impacted our lives. The only thing was, they are a band and what did I say before? People in bands are stuck up and snobby and....other bad things. I wasn't as excited as the other girls were. Our manager said that they were watching to see if we wanted to tour with them, but they wanted to watch our show first. The girls and I huddled up together.

-Ok. Panic! At the Disco is here to watch us. Don't be nervous. They are just another face in the crowd Ok? - Erica said
-Pretty in Punk ladies. - Fran said
-Pretty in Punk. - Sky replied
-Pretty in Punk- Nina and I spoke at the same time.....we always did that.

We saw that lights go off. It was time. Everyone started to scream. Our manager came up stage to introduce us in his fancy tux.

-Ladies and gentlemen, may I welcome you, the one and only Panic and Dance!

Everyone yelled. We came running on stage with our instruments and right away started to play. Our first song was "Wasting My Concern". After every song, I would talk just a little. During the songs, everyone did there signature moves. Nina would turn around, back facing the keyboard, and play perfectly. Sky would throw here drum sticks in the air and catch them and continue to play. Fran, the freak that she is, would get her tongue and use it as a finger for her strings. Weirdo. I would throw my guitar around my shoulder. Sometimes everyone would go crazy, bobbing their heads and hair moving everywhere. We were not Emo. We were just......Panic and Dance. The show, 1 and a half hours later, we said our goodbyes and the show ended. We went back stage and the lights turned on. Our manager was very pleased of our performance and had a huge smile on his face.

-Guess who wants to talk to you now? - He said with a smile
-Would it be Panic! At the disco? - The girls said with a smile too.

They screamed, and surprisingly, I can still hear. I had smiled but it was an "I don't really give a crap, but I will deal with it anyways" kind of smile. We all of a sudden heard voices behind us.

-Hello ladies- 2 of them said.
-Ladies, I would like you to meet Brendon and Ryan.-
Sign up to rate and review this story