Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

The House

by Pillsy

Harry and his slaves settle in. Kokennin shows whose side he's really on.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama, Humor - Characters: Harry, Hermione, Other - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-10 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 1612 words

?Blocked
Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

Chapter Nine: The House

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron led Harry, Nina, and Hannah upstairs and to one of the rooms that the Order had managed to clean out. Harry walked in first, but was knocked back by the force of a bushy-haired missile.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted, giving him one of her bone-crushing hugs. "We were worried! You hadn't sent anything in the past week!"

"G-good to...see you...too...Hermione," Harry choked. The Genius of Gryffindor released him and took in his appearance.

"What happened to you?" she asked, following the agitated motions of his tail with her eyes. "And what are those two doing here?"

"Well, to answer the first question, I was experimenting with human transfiguration-you know we had to write an essay on it for McGonagall-and couldn't figure out how to get back," Harry lied. "The change would've become permanent by now, so don't try changing me back."

"And to answer the second," Nina added, "We're here because Master is here."

"Hi, everyone," Hannah greeted. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and another girl she didn't know were clustered in the room, all probably discussing what was going on downstairs.

"Right, introductions," Harry said. "Everyone, this is Nina-"

"Huldiberaht."

"-and Hannah Abbott. Nina, Hannah, this is Hermione Granger, Ron and Ginny Weasley, and..."

"O-Okami Naba," the other girl said. She looked like she would be about third year, with long black hair in a loose braid and dark tanned skin. She stood up and bowed politely. "I-it's g-g-good t-t-to m-meet you."

"Good to meet you as well, Miss Okami," Harry replied, mimicking the gesture.

"P-p-p-p-please, j-just Naba," she said with a small, (in Harry's opinion) cute smile.

"Of course, Naba. You said that the Order was in a meeting?" Harry asked, turning to his friends.

"Yeah," Ron said shortly. Harry quirked an eyebrow, but shook his head and went back the way he came. He ignored the others, walking down the stone steps that led to the kitchen. About a foot away from the wooden door, the demon felt a magic barrier meant to block entrance by those not invited. He pressed his hand against it, and it bent inward, like poking a segment of bubble-wrap. He pushed harder, and it gave more. Harry almost reached the door when the barrier violently pushed him back.

"That's interesting," he commented to himself, looking up from his position on the floor. He saw a hanging lantern made of heavy iron and formed an idea. Harry pushed himself to his feet and jumped halfway up the stairs. He made one last calculation and threw himself forward. Grabbing onto the lantern, he swung ahead without losing any power and let go. Harry flew forward, legs held out as straight and solid as a battering ram.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm afraid that Harry has undergone several rituals in his quest against Voldemort," Dumbledore told the Order members present. "He's bonded two girls to him with an old ritual."

"Who are they?" Arthur Weasley, a thin, balding man, asked.

"Hannah Abbott and a German Muggle by the name of Nina Huldiberaht," Dumbledore said, his even voice hiding his fury.

"Potter's just trying to get attention," Snape sneered. "There's no way someone like him could have properly performed the rituals you-"

Everyone present was spared the fumes of Snape continuing when the door was knocked completely off its hinges with an enormous BANG! A cloud of dust erupted but was quickly cleared by Molly Weasley, revealing Harry, crouched on his haunches on top of what was left of the kitchen door.

"Hey, there. Did someone call me?" he asked playfully. Everyone gawked at him for a full minute, before Mana released a soft chuckle.

"You were saying, Severus?" she asked the Potions Master. The greasy-haired man sneered at her and received a growl from Kokennin in return.

"Harry!" Molly shouted. She practically knocked everyone else down in her rush to greet her unofficially-adopted son. Harry stood up just in time to be crushed in a rib-breaking hug.

"Hey, Mrs. Weasley," he said once the mother hen had let go.

"Harry, we were so worried about you," Molly stated, holding him at arm's length. She looked him up and down, but the usual complaint that he was too thin died on her tongue when she saw his tail swishing back and forth. She looked the demon over again, took a deep breath, and fell over in a dead faint.

"Molly!" Arthur shouted, clambering over the table to check over his wife. After finding her to be fine, he looked up to the black-haired teen with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Well, Harry," Remus said jokingly, "I'm sure this is one for the Marauders' history books."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're a Squib?" Ron asked Nina. She and Hannah were getting acquainted with the others in the room upstairs after their Master's silent order to stay there.

"Used to be a Squib," the German corrected. "Since I was bound to Master, it unlocked my magical abilities so I can use magic."

"He...he t-treats y-y-you fairl-ly?" Naba stuttered.

"Of course," Hannah said. "Master's the best Master I could ask for."

"What she said," Nina added. "Hey, you guys listen to Oingo Boingo?"

"To what?" Ginny asked.

"Oingo Boingo. You know, the band?" All of them shook their heads. Shaking her head and muttering about uncultured wizards, she dug through her trunk and pulled out a small stereo and CD case.

"If you're from a wizarding family," Hermione asked, "why do you have Muggle stuff?"

"No offense to those who like it, but Wizard music sucks," Nina answered, picking a CD and putting it in. The rest of the teens tried to ignore the disturbing lyrics, though Nina was quietly dancing in her seat. "Anyway," she continued, "my birth family practically threw me out when they learned I wasn't a witch, so I hung out at my girlfriend's for a bit, then moved here with an adoptive family a few years ago."

"Your parents threw you out?" Hermione asked. "That's horrible!"

"Not really. They were all stuck up anyway," Nina finished, changing the subject. "Master told us about Hermione, Ron, and Ginny on the way here, but what about you, Naba?"

"W-w-well, I-I-I've been trav-vel-veling w-with Ko-kun and Ma-chan f-f-for th-three years, a-and th-then we c-ca-came huh-he-here," the dark-skinned girl answered.

"What about your parents?" Hermione asked. Naba had said nothing of her past earlier, and the brainy Gryffindor wanted some answers.

"I...I...I d-don-on't want t-t-t-to t-t-talk ab-ab-abou-bout it," Naba said with a downcast look in her eye. Hermione was perceptive enough to drop the subject, as were the other females in the room, but....

"Why wouldn't you want to talk about your parents?" Ron asked bluntly. Nina came down with a racking cough that sounded suspiciously like the word "Idiot" while Hannah shook her head disapprovingly. Hermione sighed and had to keep herself from knocking him a good one but didn't do anything to stop his sister from doing the same thing.

"What was that for?" he groaned, rubbing the growing lump on the back of his head.

"For being an insensitive dumbass," Ginny stated simply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Heyas, Dummy-door," Harry said with a small wave and a large grin. "What've you been up to?"

"Harry," Dumbledore said with a quirked eyebrow. "We weren't expecting you so soon."

"I know you weren't prepared, but I thought I'd crash in," Harry quipped and plopped into a vacant chair. Propping his feet on the table, he continued, "So what have I missed?"

"The headmaster was just informing us of your use of an ancient ritual," Remus explained. He was thoroughly observing Harry, as was everyone else in the room. "You bound two teenaged girls with families to you for life."

"So if they were orphans it would have been okay?"

"That's not the point, Harry," Arthur added.

"No, the point is that these girls had futures," Kokennin said. Everyone turned to him in surprise: after his display at Diagon Alley, they expected him to side with Harry. "They had futures, and those futures were determined to be bound to Potter's."

"Really, Okami," Snape sneered, "just this morning you said that destiny can be changed."

"I lied."

"That's funny-you don't strike me as the type to lie."

"You don't strike me as the type to wash your hair, but we all have first impressions," Kokennin said with a smug smirk. "I'd say this meeting is over. Potter, I'd like to talk to you."

With that, both of the Okami Siblings and Harry left the kitchen and made their way upstairs to an empty room.

"What is it?" Harry asked, taking note of positions of people, furniture, and possible weapons.

"Know that we are with you, Harry," Mana said soothingly, as if she sensed his anxiety. "Oniichan and I will do nothing to harm you unless you harm us first."

"Potter, what you are planning is going to take time, resources, and brains. You have two of these, but you will need to get the other soon," Kokennin added. They both passed the demon and exited the room, though the older man said, "There is one among your friends who is quick-witted. She can help you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Silvanis: Is that a request I hear? Hmmm...

To Skoell: I've lost me marbles! Help me find them.

To Rex: I'm not making you read it. If you don't like my story, you don't have to read or review.

To chokeondeezage: Well, I've used turkey already, and Burning Duck was a homage to Jimmy Neutron. If anyone got that before I blabbed, you get to give an extra review.

B-b-b-bud-dud-budib-That's all, bitches.
Sign up to rate and review this story