Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

The Law

by Pillsy

Dumbledore and the Abbotts get their explanation. Harry and Co. get moving.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Harry, Ron - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-07 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 2532 words

?Blocked
Harry Potter: Demon Possessed

Chapter Eight: The Law

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry walked downstairs, followed by Hannah and Nina. Both of them had just thrown on a shirt and skirt each, and stopped half a pace behind Harry once they reached the living room, where Dumbledore and Hannah's parents were waiting for them.

"Harry," Dumbledore ordered calmly, "please tell us why you've left your home and why both of these girls claim to be your slaves."

"What home?" retorted Harry angrily. "You dumped me there and didn't bother even checking up to see how I was doing!"

"Mrs. Figg was there to make sure you were safe."

"She doesn't even live near there. I only saw her when the Dursleys were going out and didn't want to take me! Or did you not notice the fact that I spent ten years sleeping in a bloody broom cupboard!?"

"I assure you, Harry, that I was unaware of this."

"Oh, really? I suppose that the acceptance letters just address themselves?"

"Indeed they do."

"And who attaches the letters to the owls? Or is that another automated process?"

"It is," Dumbledore said gravely. "I did not know that you had such sparse living conditions."

"What does this have to do with our daughter calling him 'Master'?" Jonathan Abbott interrupted. His face was red, and the only reason he had kept quiet until then was the fact that his wife was performing a healing charm on his broken arm. Now that the pain was gone, his temper had returned with double the force.

"We call Master 'Master' because Master is our Master, Dad," Hannah explained as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Her father looked at her like she was insane and immediately started shouting at Harry.

"What have you done to my daughter!?" he bellowed at the top of his lungs, jumping up from his seat on the couch. "What did you do to brainwash her into thinking she's just a slave!?!"

"I've done nothing she didn't want!" Harry bellowed back. "She asked me to help, and this was the best thing to do!"

"How!?! THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE TRYING TO KILL HER AS IT IS!!! WE DON'T NEED YOU TO MAKE IT WORSE BY TYING HER TO YOU!!!"

"UNLIKE YOU, ABBOTT, I CAN PROTECT HER!!! YOU'VE NEVER FOUGHT AGAINST VOLDEMORT!!! I HAVE!!!"

"SO WHAT!?!" Jonathan countered, his throat rapidly becoming sore. He did the first thing that came to mind. Grabbing his daughter by the arm, he ordered her to get moving. Harry stood still, waiting for what he knew his slave would do.

"Dad, I want to stay!" Hannah objected. "I want to stay with Master!"

"NO! Never call that brat by that title again!" her father ordered, pulling with more force. "And take off that collar!"

Hannah objected again, but her father remained steadfast. Giving up on reason, she grabbed Jonathan's arm. He was caught unawares, so she pushed him to the ground, freed her arm from his grasp, and pressed her hand against his shoulder. The inumimi pulled as hard as she could on his arm with her other hand and only stopped after she heard the sick POP! of his shoulder being dislocated.

"Jonathan!" Francine exclaimed, rushing to her husband's side. She quickly examined the damage their daughter caused and shook her head. "Idiot. If you'd stop and listen, you'd know that this was going to happen."

"How was I supposed to know?" Jonathan groaned, the last word jumping in pitch when his wife shoved his shoulder back into socket. He groaned in pain again, though now it was just a dull ache.

"If you'd read that book I gave you," Francine said despairingly, "you'd know that we're no longer related to Hannah by law. Nina told me what spell they used, and I remembered an old law about it from back when it was still in relatively wide use."

"And that was?"

"That when a slave is bonded to their Master or Mistress, his or her family ties, whether by blood or not, are severed. Even though Hannah was our daughter, she's now Potter's property."

"You can't be serious!" Jonathan shouted, making Hannah jump. The blonde bounded back to Harry with a grin from ear to ear. "This is our daughter we're talking about!"

"I am, and I know. It's an old law, but this is an old ritual that we're dealing with," Francine said with a small sigh of resignation. "It's not in use anymore, but that's only because this ritual isn't in use. The last documented Bonding was back in the mid-sixteenth century."

"Jonathan, this law would still be in effect today," Dumbledore interjected. "I highly doubt that more than a handful of people know about it, but there has been no repeal and nothing to counter it. And no loopholes."

Abbott looked from one face to another, searching for a small something to tell him that it was all a lie. He found none, and dropped his head and defeat.

"Potter," he said. Harry looked up. "If you do anything to hurt her, I'll hunt you down and kill you. Got it?"

"Abbott, I doubt you'd be able to even get close," Harry smirked.

"I mean it, Potter. If I get one word saying that you do anything she doesn't like, you'll be dead in an hour."

"I'd love to see you try," Harry sneered in a way that reminded Hannah of Snape. The two males stared each other down, glowering blue meeting luminescent red.

"Hannah, take care of yourself," Jonathan said, finally giving up. He broke eye contact with Harry and trudged out the door.

"Be a good girl, Hannah," Francine said, giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead. "And serve your Master well!"

With that, both of Hannah's parents were gone, leaving Dumbledore with Harry and his slaves.

"You have something to say?" Harry demanded of the older wizard.

"Nothing you don't already know, Harry," the headmaster said sadly. He stood slowly and bowed to all three. With a soft pop, he disappeared, leaving Harry and his girls alone in the house.

"That went rather well," Nina commented offhandedly.

"I thought Dad was going to put up more of a fight," Hannah added.

"We need to move. They know where we are now, and every Auror in the country can swoop in on us in a minute," Harry stated. His slaves gawked at him in disbelief. "Better safe than sorry, and better paranoid than dead."

"Hannah, you can use some of my clothes," Nina offered, leading the younger girl up to her room. "I don't have any bras or panties that'll fit you, but we can make do with shirts and skirts."

"Okay, Nina."

Harry silently noted the friendliness exchanged between the two. Compared to the slight rivalry he observed the night before, this was quite a nice change of pace. It would be easier on him if his slaves weren't fighting over him and causing rather forceful internal debates.

In half an hour, Nina and Hannah had packed a pair of trunks with their school supplies and clothes and claimed themselves to be ready. Harry grabbed his broom and rested it on his shoulder, striding out into the street as if he owned it. Nina and Hannah were a pace behind, but Harry ordered them to go hang around the bookstore when they reached it.

"Sorry, but I doubt the Dursleys would appreciate you being there. No offense."

"None taken, Master," Nina said, "but why do you care what they think? You hate them."

"It's a matter of time. I'll be able to do it faster if I'm alone," Harry said, giving a quick kiss to both of their foreheads. "Shout out if anything happens."

And with that, Harry leapt onto the roof of the bookstore and then into the nearby woods, making his way to his relatives' house. Landing on the house across the street, Harry saw that his window was still open, the way he left it three days prior. He smirked and leaped over the street, landing in the yard and catapulting upward and into the window. He haphazardly threw his belongings into his trunk and checked the corners of his room and under the loose floorboard for anything he may have missed. Quickly glancing at Hedwig's cage, he saw that she was perched on it and watching him intently.

"Hey, Hedwig," he said, reaching a hand out to stroke her. She hooted disapprovingly, as if she knew his plans and his actions. "I need you to go to Number Twelve. You remember where that is, right?" She hooted an affirmative. "Good. You go, I'll catch up."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry had a bit of trouble with the added weight of his trunk, but he soon adjusted to the extra fifty pounds and was swinging through the trees like a chimp on crack.

Nina was having a discussion with the old lady behind the register when she heard her Master land outside. Most of the people in this part of town were middle-aged workers and would be gone to whatever jobs they had during the day, so no one else really noticed Harry's acrobatics. The black-haired demon walked through the door and saw Nina by the register. Hannah, however, was near the back. One look at the section she was in was enough to cause a few laughs from Harry.

"What is it, Master?" Hannah asked, a volume of Ken Akamatsu's A.I. Love You in her hands.

"Nothing. I just never really saw you as the type of person to read Japanese comics."

"Manga, Master. These are manga and a lot better than some of the things around here," Hannah said with an air of someone deeply offended. Harry chuckled again and led her to the front, where he paid for the book. Nina wrapped up her conversation and followed him out of the store, where he held out his wand and waited for the-

BANG! A violent violet triple-decker bus shot out of nowhere and skidded to a stop in front of them. Stan Shunpike, the usual conductor of the Knight Bus, had been recently arrested on false charges of being a Death Eater. Instead, a middle-aged woman greeted them and gave the rates. Harry pulled his trunk, as well as Nina's and Hannah's, into the bus and threw them under the benches that replaced the beds present after dark.

"Grimmauld Place in London," Harry said in response to the conductor's question. The driver slammed the gas pedal to the floor and the transport took off with another deafening BANG! Everything inside scooted back about a foot due to inertia, and Harry made himself comfortable with a girl on either side. He was pretty sure that the conductor had noticed Hannah's ears and tail, but she either didn't want to know or just chalked it up to eccentric fashion trends. With that in mind, he left the matter alone and took to watching the Technicolor blur outside the window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry escorted his slaves down the street, stopping between numbers eleven and thirteen. The girls saw nothing in between, though. Nina voiced their confusion, and Harry smirked again. He dug through his pockets and pulled out a slip of paper. He showed it to both of the girls and told them to memorize it.

"Number twelve?" Nina asked, noting the conspicuous lack of the number. "Where's-"

Before her eyes, a decrepit house sprung into existence between numbers eleven and thirteen. Harry led them up a set of worn stone steps and tapped the black door with his wand once. It creaked open after a lengthy series of metallic clicks.

"Don't touch anything," Harry ordered as he entered. His slaves followed him, and he quickly shut the door behind them. "Welcome to the headquarters of the Order of the Burning Duck-I mean, Phoenix."

Nina and Hannah both got the feeling of a bad place to be. The repeated snake motifs and obvious age of everything didn't help any, nor did the heavy silence.

"Keep your voices down," Harry whispered. "You don't want to wake up Mrs. Black. She's more of a bitch than you are, Hannah."

"I'm going to assume that there was no offense intended in that statement, Master," Hannah said, shifting back into her human form. There were thick footsteps from the hallway, and a tall, gangly redheaded boy grumbled his way into the room. He looked up, saw Harry, and broke into a wide grin.

"Harry! When'd you get here?" he whispered, running up to his friend and pulling him into a chokehold. "And why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

"Ron...let...go...," Harry gasped. His tail snaked forward and wrapped around Ron's neck, squeezing enough to get his attention. They released each other, but the taller of the two still held his questioning gaze.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Why didn't you tell us you were coming? Hermione's here already, and she won't leave me alone-asking if I've heard from you."

"Well, now you can tell her that you have. Where is everyone?"

"Dumbledore, Mum, Dad, Bill, Snape, Moody, and these Okami Siblings are in a meeting in the kitchen. Hermione, Ginny, and Naba are upstairs," Ron listed, counting off on his fingers. He finally seemed to notice Nina and Hannah and said, "Hey, what're you doing here?"

"We're...," Nina started.

"Hey, Ronald," Hannah waved.

"They're both friends of mine and here with me. You got a problem with that?" Harry asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Ron, as slow on the uptake as ever, finally noticed Harry's enhanced figure and didn't even bother trying to hide his surprise.

"What the bloody hell happened to you?" he asked once he regained his wits.

"Besides being attacked by you?" Nina chirped helpfully.

"I'll explain later. For now, let's go upstairs."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review Responses:

To the four of you who left reviews concerning the censoring: I know, it's a problem with Compy-chan. I don't think she thinks some of you are mature enough to read this coughcoughapocalypsocoughcough. It'll be fixed by 1000 hours, monday.

To chokeondeezage: YES!!! That is what I live for--the small things that make all of you laugh.

To those of you making reqests for slaves: Sorry, but I already have plans for who and what they're going to be. No monkeys, though.

To apocalypso: I know I said I'd take negative comments, but that's just if it makes the story better. What you posted was probably the closest thing to a flame there. Your personal beef against Oldwolf needs to be kept to yourself, thank you.

Do I have time for another one? Short one? Okay, then.

To Dragen: Nina says she loves the idea of the collars too. One of her personal best.

I'm putting the chappies up as I finish them. If there are any small scenes/jokes you'd like to see somewhere, put it in the review or contact me. I'll see if I can work it in.

The above does NOT apply to slave requests.

Thank you for shopping from Pillsy's. Leave a nice Review on your way out. Thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story