Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Five Things That Never Happened

The Rewards

by Xavernus 0 reviews

Five things that never happened to Tseng.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Elena, Reno, Rude, Tseng - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-13 - Updated: 2006-12-13 - 390 words

2Insightful
Hours later, and he was sure, absolutely sure, that there was a well worn path in the hall from his endless pacing back and forth. Surely it shouldn't take this long; surely the doctors would have come out and told him if something was wrong, surely...

"Boss-man, c'mon, you gotta chill, yo," Reno called out from the chair in the waiting room, where he had positioned himself with magazines, and his feet up on the coffee table. "She's gonna be fine, relax,"

Rude nodded his agreement, before returning back to his paperback. Tseng slumped down in the seat next to him, fingers already rubbing at his forehead. A wailing cry has him sitting upright in his chair, Reno dropping his paper in surprise, and a frown creasing Rude's features.

They wait impatiently, until the doctor finally arrives, the front of his green smock stained with blood, the mask hanging loose around his neck. If he thinks that anyone would be affected by this side, he is sadly mistaken. None of them give the blood on his clothes the barest of glances, all eyes searching his face for some type of news.

"She's fine, and so is the baby," he announced, a grin widening on his face as the redhead of the group lets out a loud whoop of joy, and even the father can't contain a grin, the shock on his face apparent.

"You can go see her if you want," he said gently after giving it time to sink in, taking the stunned man by the arm and leading him to the room the new mother and the baby were put into. Straightening his tie, Tseng knocked softly on the door and then entered, eyes adjusting to the natural light filtering through a window, different from the fluorescent lighting of the hallway with its antiseptic smell.

"Elena," he breathed, rushing to her bedside to stroke back her short blonde hair and plant a kiss on her forehead, still sweaty from her exertion of before.

"Tseng," she said softly in response, holding out the bundle of cloth in her arms. "Meet your daughter,"

As Tseng took the child into his arms, he knew that nothing, absolutely nothing, would be make him feel more complete then today, as he held his daughter in his arms gently.

Today, he was a father.
Sign up to rate and review this story