Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Ordinary Lives

39

by strange1 0 reviews

AU No hellmouth, slayer, witches. The gang are ordinary high school students. Some have grown up together. Others are new to Sunnydale. What kind of adventures will the gang have?

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Cordelia, Faith, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, Oz, Spike, Tara, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2775 words

0Unrated
Saturday night. Cordelia usually was out at some restaurant or some club. But since she had been dating Doyle, things were very different for her. And it was not a bad thing at all.
But tonight was an unusual night to say the least. She never would have thought that she would be sitting and having dinner with Doyle and his two mothers. Hell, she never thought she would be with any guy and having dinner with his parents. She never had with Angel. And that had been a really long relationship.
So, it was something rather different for her to be sitting here and making such a big leap. It was a sign of commitment on her part. So far, things had went well. There had been no embarrassing moments thus far. And she wanted to keep it that way. Something just seemed so different with Doyle.
And that was a good thing. She wanted so much to be his girl and in his life. She was not the same person she had been at the beginning of the school year. Cordelia Chase was no longer concerned with being a prom queen. Nor was she concerned with being rich and having the right clothes.
It was such a big change that she just wanted to make the right impression. As in be a good person and do what was right instead of what others thought was right. And so far, it was all working out in her favor.
Her eyes met Doyle's and they both smiled. It was something that they both wanted. To be together without fuss or without worries of what others thought. Except for what each of them thought of the other, that was what was important.
Finally, dinner ended and the happy couple made their way to the back porch. The crisp winter air was what each need to relax a little. Nerves on both their parts were kinda at a high strung level. But it was all of the good and all for the best.
"So, you think that they liked me?" Cordelia snuggled closer to her boyfriend.
"Of course they did." Doyle kissed her cheek. "What's not to like? You are a very good person. I always knew that was hidden beneath the Queen C exterior."
Cordelia had to chuckle at this. "Yeah. I was quite the person for a while. But I'm glad that I was able to unleash the person that I was meant to be. If only cause it was what lead the two of us together."
"I'll second that." Again, Doyle kissed her gently on the cheek. "And now, you've met my parents. So, we are really truly officially a couple aren't we."
"Yep." The raven haired girl sighed. "I've never felt this good in my life. You make me happy. It feels so good to be here in your arms. I feel like it's where I belong."
"You do. You belong with me and nowhere else." Doyle squeezed her a little harder. "And we can stay like this forever if you want to."
"I'd like that." Cordelia closed her eyes. Turning over a new leaf was definitely worth it. That was for sure.
"""
Faith watched the lights flash past her. Being in LA was not what she had planned for her weekend. And she may act all big, but really she preferred the small town atmosphere of her good ole home town of Sunnydale.
But she had this big time mission. She just had to make things right with her man. Oz was the first guy that had ever come along that had made her feel special beyond the telling of it. Had made her feel like she was the only thing in the world. That she was important.
"Hey big bro! Can you like step on it?" Faith was getting just a little antsy, to say the least. She could feel her heart racing in her chest. And she could hear it pounding in her ears. She knew that they were not far now.
"I'm going as fast as traffic will allow." Wesley turned to look a second at his little sister. She really was something else. And her heart was now totally on the line. For the first time ever. "Are you sure that you don't want us to wait for you?"
"Nah." Faith looked around. "I'll be all right. Just come back at twelve sharp for me. Even if Oz isn't done performing, I'll be outside to let you know if I'm coming back with you or going on with the band."
"Very well." Wesley sighed. In one way, he was happy for his little sister. But he was also very afraid that she was setting herself up to get hurt.
"There!" Faith shouted and pointed at the same time. "Just slow down, I'll jump out."
"Nonsense." Wesley pulled over to the curb. "You don't have to jump out of a moving vehicle just to..." He trailed off as he heard the car door slam shut. "I just hope that she doesn't get hurt." Wesley drove off slowly.
Faith had already made her way inside. The place was packed. It was hard to move. It just had to be against some fire laws or something. Slowly, she made her way to the stage. There was her guy up front going to town on the guitar.
For a while, she just grooved a little. Till she noticed who was lead singer. It was that girl. The leather clad one that she had been so jealous of the moment that she had seen her. Well, that was just great.
The raven haired beauty made her way to the back stage. The security guy was not about to let her back there. Well, not till she showed a little leg and she pulled out the greenbacks. Quickly, she made her way to the bands shared dressing room.
It seemed like hours, but it was only a short time till their first break. Faith had herself hidden in a closet. She heard only Oz and that girl, Vercua was it, come in. They were talking and laughing.
Oz made his way to the mirrored dressing table and sat down. He pulled out a water bottle from the mini fridge underneath it. "That was a great first set."
"It was." Her husky voice grated on Faith's ears. "But you were the best thing about it."
That made the now red haired young man shoot her a look. "Just stop right there." Veruca started to come closer to him. "I've tried to tell you. I'm spoken for."
"Oh come on!" Vercua now had her arms draped around Oz's neck. "We're clear in LA. She's back in loserville. How is she gonna know what we've done." The young vixen began running her hands through his hair.
Oz quickly stood up and pushed her away as he did. "I'd know." He glared at her. "I don't cheat on anyone. And not a girl that I love. So take a hint and take no for an answer."
Vercua shook her head. "You have no idea what you are missing out on. But it's your loss."
"I think it's yours." Faith startled both of them. "Now get the hell away from him before I decide to get violent."
Vercua rolled her eyes at her. "This isn't over. He'll get tired of you and come to someone, me, that's really exciting. You'll see. Just give it time."
Faith lunged at her nemesis. Her fist connected with her eye. "Opps! Looks like your gonna have to go and put some makeup on that. Cause in a matter of minutes, that's gonna be quite the shiner you'll have."
"You bitch!" Vercua started for Faith but Oz stepped in between the two. "I'll get you for that." She stormed out of the dressing room.
"Sorry bout losing my temper." Faith wrapped her arms around her boyfriend. "And don't think I was spying. I just came down here to surprise you, that's all."
"I know." Oz turned himself around. "And I'm so glad you did. I've really missed you." That's when they kissed and rather passionately. "Maybe I should quit the band."
"Never!" Faith hugged him again. "We just have to make sure and find time for us, that's all. You need and want this band. We'll just have to do things differently then we have been."
"Agreed." Oz again kissed her. "I really did miss you. And I really do love you."
"I love you too. And definitely had withdrawls here." Faith sighed. "I really don't want ever to be a part from you. But we can survive anything, of that I'm sure." They held each other for the longest of times.

"""
Buffy sat on 'the swing'. The one that she had been sitting on when she had done the stupidest thing that she had ever done in her life. It was just another step. Another step in her facing the past that had driven her to such a dark place.
She now knew that she had to face what was thrown at her. She could not hide from it. She could not just walk away. She had to confront it and do it not alone, but with all of her friends and her mother.
The crisp air had already made her nose tingle a little. It was cooler then it had been in California in a few years. But she wasn't cold. She was warm. Well, if only warm on the inside. For she knew that she was loved and that all the past was not going to change what she was now.
A younger girl, not much younger, walked up and sat on the swing next to her. The two eyed each other for a few minutes. Silence ensued for a bit.
"You are a high schooler, right?" The dark haired girl asked with an excitement to her voice. Buffy nodded. "Coolness! I'm just a stupid seventh grader. Got another year of middle school before I get to the big house."
"Big house?" Buffy chuckled. "No offense or anything, but where do you come from? You don't sound like you are from around here. Not that that is a bad thing, but..."
The younger girl smiled. "You so know that I'm not from around here. Actually, we've been all around the world." She shrugged at the look she got. "It's not as fun as it sounds. I've never really got to make friends or anything. And we never stay anyplace for that long. It sucks beyond the telling of it."
"I can imagine." Buffy nodded her head. "I just realized how important friends are in our lives. And how stupid I was to not go to them when I had problems. But that's never going to happen again. By the way, my name is Buffy Summers." She held her hand out to the younger girl.
"Nice to meet you Buffy. Though gotta say that's an unusual name." The girl shrugged. "Though mine's a little unusual as well. My name is Dawn. Dawn Giles." She took the other girl's hand in her own.
As soon as she said her last name, Buffy stopped shaking her hand. "Giles? As in Rupert Giles?"
Dawn shrugged. "I was told he is my father. But I've never met him in person. We moved here so that I could get to know him." Her look got really sad. "I've just met you, but I seem to feel I can trust you." She looked Buffy in the eyes. "Mom is dying. And I have no other living relatives. So she's brought us here so that I can get to know the man. And live with him from now on."
"You're Giles' daughter?" Buffy chuckled softly. "Sorry, it's just that I never thought of him with a kid. And a half grown one at that. Willow is so gonna be surprised by this."
"Willow?" Dawn tilted her head in thought. "I know that name for some reason. Mom was telling me about someone she hoped that I would get close to. Think it was Willow."
"Well, she'd be a great person to get close to." Buffy smiled. "She would do anything for anyone else. She wouldn't hesitate to give you the clothes of her back, as that old saying goes. But for you, it means more. She's your cousin."
"No way!" Dawn smiled big as well. "That's so cool! I actually have family. Well, besides my father that I've never met. This is oh so cool!" She turned toward Buffy. "And I think I've got a friend. Or at least, I hope I do. Even though we are kinda different in age and all."
"No, you have a friend." Buffy smiled bigger. "And like I said, the more friends, the better. Welcome to Sunnydale Dawn Giles. I wish we could have met sooner, but under better circumstances. If you ever need someone to talk to or whatever, you just call on your friend Buffy."
"I'll do that." Dawn got out of her swing and hugged the blond tightly. "Wow! You are the first friend I've made. I mean, I've only been in town for like two weeks, but still I can't believe that I've finally made my first friend. This is so great beyond the telling of it."
"You know what?" Buffy couldn't help but laugh a little. "I can really see where you and Willow are related. You have that whole babble thing down pact. That's for sure. It's just so cute and adorable."
"That's so cool!" Dawn chuckled a little. "Wow! Family. Gee wilikers I can't wait to meet her. Can I meet the rest of your friends? Or would you rather not be seen with a lowly middle schooler. I definitely will understand if you don't want to see me with your cool friends."
"Just chill!" Buffy stood up. "I'm meeting my boyfriend here in a few minutes. If you can stick around, I'll introduce you. Maybe we can go by your dad's. Or are you supposed to wait?"
Dawn shrugged. "Not sure. Just told that I was gonna meet him soon. And that when my mom died I would be living with him."
There was a familiar roar of a motorcycle. "Then why not now? Spike will take us all three there."
Spike came to a screeching halt. He came up and hugged Buffy. He noticed the new girl. "Hello little bit. Are you a friend of my girl's?"
"Yeppers." Dawn nodded for emphasis. "And she said you'd take me to my dad's, if that's all right."
"Whatever she wants." Spike put his arm around Buffy. "So, where to little bit?"
"Rupert Giles.""""
"""
Giles sat on the round fountain in the center of his apartment complex. Willow and Tara were on the other side. He was glad that they had found each other. Jenny on the other hand was still quite shocked at his omission that he had a son.
There was giggling coming from the two. It was a good sound indeed. After weeks of anger and separation, they had found their way back to each other. And that was of the good. At least someone was truly happy again.
The roar of the motorcycle disturbed his thoughts and Willow and Tara's giggling. They all watched as Spike and Buffy brought up an unfamiliar younger girl. One that had some familiar features about her.
Dawn took off and enveloped Willow in a hug. "You're the redhead. You are my cousin." Before Willow could respond, Dawn had Tara in a hug. "And you are her girlfriend. I think that is so cool." Again, before anyone could say a word, Dawn had made her way to Giles. "And you must be my father." She had her arms tight around her father.
"Father?" Giles looked confused. Dawn pulled back, a little bit of a hurt look on her face. "You are my daughter?"
"I am." Dawn looked at him. "Didn't mom tell you about me and that I was going to be coming?"
"Well, quite yes she did." Giles' cheeks turned a little red. "But you see she left me with the impression that well, that I had a son."
"Oh." There was definite hurt in Dawn's young voice. "So I'm not what you wanted or expected. I get that." She turned to leave oh so quickly.
Giles quickly stood up. "Nonsense." He wrapped her in a hug. "Whether a daughter or son, I'm glad that you are finally in my life. And I'm never letting you go."
Sign up to rate and review this story