Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Knowingly

by Aphe 0 reviews

As Havoc had expected, Roy could be counted on to guess when he'd been sleeping around. Follow-up to "One in the Morning".

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Jean Havoc, Roy Mustang - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 931 words - Complete

3Hot
At half-past eight, Havoc stepped into the office. He took a look around- Hawkeye was looking through some papers, her dog was staring out the window and wagging his tail... Roy was dozing in his chair. In other words, a normal morning. Havoc stepped quietly around the sleeping colonel and gingerly sank down on the couch.

Roy's head snapped up at the sound, and Havoc groaned to himself. Aloud, he greeted Roy as he put on a cheerful expression, despite his surprise that somehow, the colonel looked worse than he usually did, most mornings. His eyes were a little bloodshot, and he blinked at Havoc blearily.

"Lieutenant Havoc," Roy said hollowly. The colonel looked at Havoc as though he'd never met him before. "I dislike it when someone betrays my trust."

"Sir...?" Havoc asked carefully. Behind him he heard footsteps and the padding of paws, and then the door shut with a gentle click. They were alone in the office.

Roy stared at him. "Don't lie to me, Havoc."

He rolled his chair to his desk and disappeared behind the stacks of papers. Havoc watched Roy's hands- was it his imagination, or were they shaking?- moving around the piles of folders, as load by load they were moved to the side of the table. Soon they would be facing each other again, he realised, and he shifted uncomfortably at the thought.

"Mustang," he began, and stopped. What could he say?

Roy stood, looking at Havoc with an expression the other didn't think he'd seen before. The me stared at each other in silence, for minutes, until Roy finally spoke.

"Who have you been fucking?"

Havoc considered the possibilities. "You," he finally answered.

Roy snorted. "No, you haven't," he said. "You leave before me evenings, and by the time I get to your place you've gone out, fucking around with your friends at God-knows-what. Or you tell me you're waiting for me to finish and stay in your office, jacking off-- but either way you don't seem to have much of a problem with it.

"Which tells me that you've been going around behind my back."

"Hey." Havoc straightened. "Mustang, that's not fair and you know it. If you've got a problem with us, you have to admit that half of it- hell, more than half, I'd say- is your doing."

"I don't have to admit any such thing," Roy said, pacing. "I'm not the one fucking around-"

"Because you're in here every night snogging your paperwork."

"-- and I'm certainly not the one who took a low-ranking soldier home last night." Roy stopped at glared at Havoc. "Do you think I'm blind? 'I'm going, Mustang'-- after the kid walks by, and then what, you wink at him and he's taffy in your arms?"

"/Mustang/!"

"This is the one who has a crush on you, right?" Roy said. "I'll discharge him, the little bastard."

Havoc sighed. "/Roy/," he said, trying again. "I don't know why you're so upset about--" He broke off and stared at Roy. "You're jealous?" he asked softly.

Roy raised an eyebrow. "Hardly."

Havoc grinned. "You're jealous," he said, more confidently. "That's what it is. You're jealous of the kid because you think I was fucking him instead of you."

"Whatever I feel, I am certainly not--"

Havoc stood and closed the distance between them, putting a hand over Roy's mouth and ignoring the muffled sounds of indignation that followed. "You're an idiot," he informed, and in one swift motion, replaced hand that acted as a gag with his mouth.

"You are an idiot, Mustang," he repeated, when their mouths parted. "You don't get told that enough, I think."

Leaning forward again, he nudged his tongue between Roy's tightly clamped lips and teased at the soft skin of his palate, chuckling into both of their mouths when Roy instinctively returned the gesture, with greater force. Havoc tugged the smaller man onto him, grunting when they fell hard onto the wooden chair, and resumed their play with a vengeance.

Roy broke away, mouth red and wet from kissing, but eyes still hard. "So I'm an idiot for not trusting you, and love will always prevail, and some shit like that?" he asked.

"Hell, no," Havoc said with a laugh. "Maybe I shouldn't have done what I did," he allowed. "But you're the worst cheater of all and if you can't take it from someone else, it's a damn shame."

Roy looked surprised. "Well...."

"How do you think I feel when you go on a date with a girl that you met in the street and never show up that night?" Havoc asked. "Or," he added, in sudden inspiration, "How do you think Hawkeye feels about the two of us fucking around?"

"Hawkeye?" Roy asked uncomprehendingly. "What are you talking about?"

Havoc grinned a little. "Well, never mind," he said. "Everything in time."

"I don't like never seeing you because you've always got something more important than me," he added, "but I know that you've got to do what you do-- and I wouldn't rather be fucking anyone else."

Roy raised his eyebrows. "That's good to hear," he allowed.

"Damn right," Havoc said with a grin. "How about I drag you to my place early tonight, and we forget about this shit until the next time we haven't shacked up for a month?" He was inordinately pleased with the hint of a smile that appeared at the corners of Roy's lips.

That afternoon when Havoc passed Broche in the hallway, the kid smiled and met his eyes tentatively, and Havoc ignored him.
Sign up to rate and review this story