Categories > Original > Horror > Crutches

Crutches

by gtakiller0914 0 reviews

A girl goes nutts over her boyfriend, and only his true friends are there to safe him

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Horror - Published: 2006-12-17 - Updated: 2006-12-17 - 2088 words

0Unrated
"Damn it! He won't pick up the phone."
"Where do you think they are?" said Maggie, as she checked her cell for the time. It was 6:12, and they were supposed to be in Lincoln by at least 6:30. Tonight they were all going to the school dance, which instead of this year being in the school gym; it was being held in the Darwin Center. They were supposed to pick up Sarah and Jake, but Jake wasn't answering his phone, and Sarah wasn't home.
"Not sure, but lets go to Jake's house and see if he's home." said Ryan.
Maggie looked over at Ryan, smiled, and watched him as he smiled right back. Tonight, to Maggie, was going to be the greatest night of her young life. She was going with, in fact, her crush. Ever since she first met him in the hallway, she has always liked him. His smile, his eyes, his personality. She loved everything about him. It wasn't love at first sight; she didn't believe in that. It was much more then that, but it's too great for words to describe it.
"Ryan, can I tell you something?"
"Sure. What is it, hun?" His voice, that tone.
"I don't think I deserve you."
He pulled the car over, and shut off the engine. He moved in his seat to face Maggie. They both started at each others eyes, while the only sounds that could be heard was the engine cooling and a airplane flying from Omaha to Chicago over their heads.
Finally Ryan spoke up and said, "Maggie, I'm the one that doesn't deserve you."
"Huh?" She had a very confused, very surprised expression on her face. He was the guy of her dreams. "There's no way that he's saying this," she thought. "I'm imagining things."
He said, "Well, I have had a crush on you for a very long time. I just couldn't do anything about it for a long time. The reason I broke up with Sally was you. I risked the relationship I had with her for you."
"Oh my god." That was all she could say. She was stunned.
"Yeah, so I'm the lucky one."
She thought about it for a moment, and then started laughing. After awhile, Ryan joined her. She then said, "We are both lucky."
"Yuppers."
She looked at the road for a moment, a look of deep thought on her face, and then said, "What about Jake? He hates me, remember?"
"There is no such thing as hate, and no, he doesn't hate you. He's just being mean as revenge I guess for what you did to Josh."
"Yeah, I guess."
"Maggie, listen to me, and I want you to remember this."
She looked him in the eyes and said,"Ok."
"Maggie, even if this thing gets totally out of hand and you two never talk again to each other, just know that you are better then him. You deserve the best in the world, and you should get it too. You are, truly, the most beautiful person I have ever seen, Maggie."
All Maggie could mutter was "Thank you." She felt like crying. Nobody has ever treated her like this before. She felt like a princess sitting right by prince charming.
"There's no need to thank me. It's the truth. You deserve someone be with someone great." he said, looking at the long road in front of him.
"Ryan, I am with someone great right now."
"Good for you." he said with a disappointing tone in his voice. Inside, he really felt like crying.
"No, Ryan. I don't mean it like that. That someone is you."
He looked up at her with a big smile on his face and said, "Gosh, thanks purdy lady."
She just burst out laughing. This guy just cracks her up.
"Shall we move on?" he said, starting the car.
"Lead on good sir." Lead on

They drove up the small driveway of Jake's house. It was a good-sized house. The sprinklers were on, and it looked like the dog was having the time of his life on the bone. The dog didn't seem to notice at all. Ryan parked the car, and shut it off.
Maggie picked up her cell off the dash, and looked over at Ryan. She said, "Do you think he's here?"
"Not sure, but I guess we just have to find that out now won't we?"
They both exited the car and headed up the path to the front porch.

"Jake? Hello? You home?" Ryan said as he peaked through the glass.
"Maybe he's not home, Ryan."
"Yeah, maybe, but I want to be sure."
Just then, they heard a sound somewhere inside. It sounded more like moan or something similar to that.
"Ok. What the hell was that?" said Maggie. She too, was looking through the glass now.
"Jake? If you're in there, I'm coming in, ok?" He then started searching over the patio for something.
"And how exactly, are you going to get in?" she said.
He then pulled up a key.
"Maggie, I always find a way." All Maggie could do at that was smile. He had a good sense of humor. It wasn't the act stupid kind, but she really didn't know what it was exactly though. She was still trying to understand him.
Ryan walked over to the door and tried the key. It went right in and he turned it with a soft click. He shot a quick glance at Maggie and stepped inside, with Maggie trailing along right behind him.

What they saw was something that neither of them expected. The entryway was a complete mess. Everything was out of place. It was either that or it was broken. The pictures of Jake's family looked as if they were like stepped on.
"Whoa, what the hell happened here?" said Maggie as she stepped over some pieces of broken glass.
"I have no idea. I have a feeling that Jake's here though."
"Same here."
They both looked into the living room. It was a mess. The furniture was thrown all over the place. The couch even looked like someone took a knife to it and cut it open. The chairs were all turned over and the coffee table was shattered.
"Ok, here's the plan. I want you to go check the kitchen for anything, while I go and search the rec room in the back. Got it?"
"They have a rec room?" she said.
"Of course."

Maggie walked down the hall. She certainly didn't expect any of this. All she wanted to do was go pick up Jake and Sarah and go to the dance. She wasn't planning on going to someone's house and have to look for them.
She entered the kitchen. She pushes open the kitchen door, only to find hell right in front of her. Everything is everywhere. Knifes in the walls, pans on the ground, the waters running. Everything is a fucking mess.
"What could have happened here?" she thought. This house was a complete mess. Just about everything was pretty much destroyed. It's as if someone came here and purposely did it.
Just then, she saw a shadow on the other side of the room.

"What the fuck?" said Ryan in the other room.
On the side of the room, was a message. It read: "You haven't seen anything yet." What was that supposed to mean? He had a feeling that either Jake or Sarah was in big trouble. He had to find them fast.
It might already be too late.
As he slowly walked toward the wall, he heard Maggie scream.

"What, Maggie? What is it?" said Ryan, coming up behind Maggie in the kitchen.
"There's something over there, something big." She picked up a knife and handed it to Ryan. She then got one for herself and stepped back to the door.
"Well, what is it?"
"I don't know! All I saw was this big shadow go by!"
"It's ok. Calm down, all right?"
"Ryan, I think we should call the police."
"We will," he said, "right after I find them both. Ryan looked up into her eyes. God she was beautiful.
"Maggie, do you think you should go wait in the car? It might be safer there."
"No. I want to stay here. With you."
He smiled.
"Thanks." he said.
"For what?" but he wasn't listening. He was too busy watching the shadow move past the window.

"Who ever you are, you better come out. I called the cops." said Ryan as he approached the window. With his knife in hand, he slowly walked closer towards the intruder.
"You have to the count of 3.
1.
2.
3.
He charged towards the window, hoping to kill whatever was behind it.

He got to the window, knife in hand. He quickly pulled back the curtain. He brought the knife into a swinging motion and aimed for the window.
But there was nothing there.
Whatever it was, it was gone.
"It's not here."
"I know. It's not over there, because now it's over here." said Sarah

He quickly spun around, only to find Sarah with a small cat in her hand. It looked like Garfield, his own cat. He then just burst out laughing.
So did Sarah.
"His tag says his name is Caine." she said, stroking the cat.
"Well, Caine, you are one lucky cat. I could have killed you. He then put the knife into the side of his pants. He hoped it would stay. It was their only weapon.
"Come on," Maggie said, "let's go check upstairs."
They both walked back down the hall, carrying Caine along the way.

"Do you think that they are even here?"
"They might, I don't know yet. We still have a couple more places to look. If we don't find them, well, I guess we will have to call the police." said Ryan.
"Yeah, ok."
She kissed Garfield, and put him back on the ground.
"Ryan?" she said, now starting up the stairs.
"Yes, Maggie?"
"If we are too late to go to the dance, I want to go see a movie.
"Cool. Hope we can find them both so they can come too."
"No, not with them. I want to go to the movies with you and only you."
"That," he said, "sounds like a great idea."
They were almost to the top of the stairs, not knowing what could be behind those other few doors.

"Where do you start first?" said Maggie.
Right at that moment, they heard a yelp.
"What the hell was that?!" she said.
"I don't know, but I think that Jake's in trouble. I also think, that he's right behind this door."
He walked over to it and tried the door. It was locked. He looked around for something to open it with but couldn't find anything. But just then, he remember the knife. He pulled out the knife and began picking the door.
"How do you know how to do this?" she said, a look a bewilderment on her face.
"It's kind of like a gift. I have been able to do things like this since I was like 7. I don't know why but I love it."
"In that case, hurry up. Our friends needs us."
"I'm trying."

He got it picked and stepped back from the door.
"So," he said, " are you ready?"
"Of course I'm ready. Now open the door."
He walked over and opened the door. What they saw would give them nightmares for the rest of their lives.
They saw Jake in the bedroom. He was lying on the bed, hands and feet tied to the bed. No wait. It was more like strapped to it. He had his shirt off, but his pants were still on. Something was kind of off though. His back was covered with red marks, as if someone was beating him.
Jake looked up at them and said, "Run! Get out of here while you still can."
"No, we are here to get you out of here." Ryan said.
"Listen to me. You have to get out of here! Now!"
"What have they done to you?" said Maggie. She was standing behind Ryan, quiet as a mouse.
Jake gestured his head to the floor. On the floor, were his crutches.
"Holy..." said Ryan, starting to walk over to Jake. He was interrupted by a noise and then a voice that said, "I'm coming honey. Just a few more seconds and we will be ready."
Sign up to rate and review this story