Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > After the Graduation

Chapter 6 - What is Done is Done!

by ashli143 3 reviews

The truth of the Sohma family curse...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Characters: Akito, Arisa, Ayame, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Hiro, Isuzu, Kagura, Kana, Kasuma, Kisa, Kureo, Kyo, Megumi, Mine, Momiji, Ritsu, Saki, Shigure, Tohru, Yuki - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 806 words

2Exciting
Chapter 6 - What is Done is Done

Love?
What is love?
Can you taste it?
Touch it?
Smell it or hear it?
No... but you can feel it... but not by touch...







She stood in the tall grass as she waited for her sister to get out of school. The wind danced in her beautiful burgundy hair. She stood waiting... The breeze sent shivers down her soft porcelain skin. She stood waiting... Her blue eyes fixed on the school house door. She stood waiting... Strands of her hair brushed her delicate blushed cheeks. She stood waiting... A man walked to where she stood... he said he was also waiting. His jet black hair shined in the afternoon sun. He stood starring... His intriguing forest green eyes fixed on her plump red lips. He stood starring... His tan skin was smooth to the touch as he reached out for her. He stood starring. They were both beautiful... but just because someone is beautiful doesn't mean they are good. How could this have happened? Had no one heard her yells? Had no one heard her cries as he drug her behind the building? With his hand covering her mouth he took from her that which she could never get back, and also with his penetration he sentenced her to a life of hell on earth.

No one believed her. He was Heroto Sohma... he was from a wealthy family with good standing in the village. He was from a family that would do anything to protect its name... anything. Before long the entire village called her names like whore, liar, and bitch as she walked to the market. As her stomach grew the bullying became worse. They threw things at her... she who was pregnant. "Wench! You are not even married! Whore!" She cried and cried. "It's not my fault!" She told her father, her only family member still alive besides her sister. He just held her and cried. Her son was born on a rainy day, with no sun showing. He took her last name, Tocyma. When her son was four his grandfather died due to heart failure, the burgundy haired lady blamed herself. After that her sister left for another village, she said she needed a fresh start. The Burgundy haired lady could not afford to leave the house her father had built. She was now alone and taunted worse than ever.

Even her son was picked on and kicked around. When he was eight years old his mother killed herself. She was unable to live with the pain anymore... she was unable to bare the humiliation and cruelty the village had shown her. She was dumped in a hole on the top of a hill. Her son watched as they threw dirt on her body and laughed. He ran. He ran down the hill and into the woods, where he found a stream. He fell on his knees and began to cry. He began to cry for his mother, for himself, and for the life they were both cheated in. He looked in the stream and became disgusted and filled with anger all at once. You see, his hair was darker than night, his skin was a smooth tan, and his eyes were a radiant forest green. He could not stand to look at himself because he saw the man that had ruined his mother's life. There at the bed of the stream he vowed revenge! He vowed a curse! When someone is in so much pain and heartache they are able to curse... but he wanted a curse that would last forever! He wanted to punish his father's family, excluding himself, for all the lies they told and for the dirty sinners they were. He cried as he begged for them to not be able to harm anyone else, and he screamed as he asked that they never be able to know the love and comfort from anyone other than themselves... that way they too would be banished from society because of the fear of not belonging. As he looked into the clouds he called out, "Make them turn into the dirty animals they are by the opposite sex! Make them the animals of the Chinese zodiac! And make one of them a cat! Make them a cat that bares the pain I feel in my heart! And make another one who bares all of the animals' sins! Make this member be a direct descendant of Heroto Sohma's blood line!" And thus... a curse was born.


The Tocyma family was taught from a very young age about the curse and that the Sohma's were their number one enemy. Their job was to make sure the punishment for the Sohma's continued even after the death of the Burgundy haired lady's son... their wonder head of family.
Sign up to rate and review this story