Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > ELove

Tangled

by brynn_parker 5 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-19 - Updated: 2006-12-19 - 2598 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: Tangled

----

Recap: Inuyasha gaped when she looked up at him with tears in her eyes, her teeth causing an indention in her pretty bottom lip. "Well I don't want to talk to you."

He tried his best to explain himself, but he couldn't think of anything to say. What right did he have to corner her like this? "I...I'm sorry Kagome. I'm sorry for everything. Please, I need to talk to you."

But it didn't get through to her. She just turned back and spat out a sarcastic thanks to Sango before storming out of the restaurant.

Miroku looked at him with a sheepish expression on his face as Inuyasha's face turned red with anger.

"I told you this was a bad idea!!!!!!!!!"

----

DemonBadass500: Hey Kags.

USER KagsH2000 IS AWAY.

DemonBadass500: You there?

DemonBadass500: I guess not.

DemonBadass500: Well I'll be here all day if you want to talk.

DemonBadass500: I'll leave now.

DemonBadass500: Hope you're alright.

DemonBadass500: Bye.

----

Inuyasha growled and put his head in his hands as Sango hung up her cell phone again. "She's still not answering," the girl said sadly. Kagome had stormed out of the restaurant over an hour ago and the group consisting of Sango, Miroku, and Inuyasha had retreated to Sango and Kagome's apartment. She hadn't been there when they had arrived, and Sango was sure that she didn't plan on coming back for a while.

"Are you sure I shouldn't go?" Inuyasha said in agitation, "I mean, if she gets back and sees me she's just going to leave again."

Sango nodded. "I guess you're right...Miroku, you should probably go with him."

Miroku sighed and got up as Inuyasha made his way to the door, leaning over and kissing Sango quickly before waving and walking out with Inuyasha.

The sound of rain began to softly patter on the windows and Sango stood up to go into the kitchen and get some much-needed cookie dough to camp out on the couch and wait for Kagome. I feel terrible, she thought, I hope Kagome's OK.

----

Miroku frowned as Inuyasha turned right and away from the direction of their car after they exited the apartment building. "Where are you going?" the dark-haired man asked, raising his eyebrows.

Inuyasha only briefly turned his head as he kept walking, his long silver hair already dripping from the heavy rain. "I'm just going for a walk."

"Hey!" Miroku ran after him a little, annoyed that his friend was making him chase after him in the rain, "We live in another city, if you didn't remember..."

"I'll get a hotel room or something...I can take the train back to Yokohama."

Miroku shrugged. "Whatever you want to do. Just don't jump off a bridge or anything. I still need you to pay half the rent."

"Fuck off and go home Miroku," Inuyasha said, smiling a little. The other man shook his head, laughing, before turning around and heading to the car as Inuyasha walked further into the rain.

----

A loud sigh placed itself amidst a string of sniffles as Kagome was splattered with more water by a passing car. Her coat was thin, and the rain had already completely soaked through the nearly sheer white sweater. Her fingers were wrinkly from the water she was absolutely drenched in, and her red, teary eyes were having a hard time adjusting to seeing through the darkness and a sheet of rain to go along with it.

It had to have been at least three hours since she'd left the restaurant, and it was night now. She didn't want to look at her cell phone or her watch - it might jerk her back to reality and force her to be rational and call Sango, which she didn't want to do. She felt thoroughly betrayed by her best friend, and it would be good for the athlete to do a little bit of worrying. Besides, the girl might have stupidly brought Inuyasha and Miroku to the apartment, and Kagome wanted to be sure that the two guys were gone before she went home to make up with Sango, cry on her shoulder, and eat some cookie dough.

After she'd first left she went to a nearby coffee shop and just sat down and hid herself behind a pile of books. Then she went to school to pick up some papers that she still needed to grade...and after that had sat in the school library and sulked. Now she was just walking through the rain, completely oblivious to where she was. She just needed to think.

Surprisingly, she hadn't met anyone she knew, even though she was in the neighborhood where she taught. She's expected to see parents or students...someone that she might be able to chat with to get her mind off of Inuyasha...but there was no one.

Inuyasha...what had he been thinking, sneaking up on her like that? It was insane! He had to have known that she wouldn't want to see him...

But did she really want to see him? There had been such a strong mix of emotions when she'd seen him - at the same time that his hands repulsed her, she'd had a strong urge to take them in her own. And when she'd seen his face, he looked so sorry that she'd almost forgiven him. What if she'd given him a chance to say what he wanted to say? What would he have said? And did he still love Kikyo more than he loved her?

If she'd let him talk to her...let him into her heart again...what would he have done when Kikyo called and he happened to be the one that picked up? Would he go to her and leave Kagome? There was no attractive, nice guy to comfort Kagome anymore; this wasn't high school. She had changed, and now it seemed like all she did was drive people away.

She suddenly knew where she was: Ueno Park. It was hard to see out here, but the distinctive scent of cherry blossoms gave it away. Everything outside looked like a painting. Kagome suddenly realized that it was really rather romantic, and she had a sudden image of she and Inuyasha out here. There would never be a chance for that to happen now.

This just made her more depressed and she broke out into a fresh wave of tears as she walked through the park. There was a stream up the path that had a cute little bridge over it - maybe she could throw herself into it. No. Suicide was a stupid idea. This wasn't that bad. She could find someone else and forget about Inuyasha.

Knowing perfectly well that she really couldn't forget about him, she made her way to the bridge and looked into the flooding water. The rain had lessened to a light drizzle now, and it made it easier to keep her eyes open. Her hair was stuck to her head and clumpy - all she wanted to do was go home and shower. But that would be giving into Sango, and that was something she was not ready to do yet.

The idea dawned on her that she could get a hotel room and make her worry even more. Go home in the morning so that there wouldn't be enough time to say that Kagome was missing. Besides, she thought that Sango would understand that she needed some time alone. She could even call her friend that night and tell her she wouldn't be going home - don't tell her where she was, just tell her not to worry too much.

It was a plan, Kagome decided. But she wanted to cry a little more before she turned in for the night.

She was about to go ahead with this plan when someone tapped her on the shoulder and a masculine voice said from behind her:


"Kagome."

----

Inuyasha had passed up the restaurant and the school where Kagome worked on the way to his destination: Ueno Park. It had always been a peaceful place for him, and he would be able to vent his frustration there. He was seriously doubtful that Kagome would ever forgive him; and why would she? He had tried forcing her to talk to him, and all it had ended up doing was making her angry at her best friend and even angrier at him. He wouldn't even be able to get to her through Miroku now that she didn't trust his crazy friend either.

He punched a nearby tree in anger, his demonic half stopping it from injuring him too badly. He hated himself sometimes...why couldn't he just come from a normal family? Why would a beautiful, normal girl like Kagome ever want someone like him anyway?

The path wound through some trees before he heard the sound of running water.

He walked towards it.

----

Kagome jumped and turned around to see...

"Naraku?!"

She was a little grossed out at this point. Her creepy neighbor was standing at a very close proximity to her, and she was pretty much glued to the railing of the small bridge. "What are you doing out here at this time of night...in the rain?"

Kagome gulped. "I would ask the same thing of you."

He raised his eyebrows, smiling. "I'm meeting someone. Now what about you?"

"I'm just going for a walk," she squeaked out, getting defensive and more than a little freaked out. "Um...would you please back off a little?"

Naraku raised his hands, smirking. "Sorry...I have to say that I've been meaning to get you alone for a while."

Her eyes widened and she tried to edge away from him, but he kept her just a few inches away. "Alright, you are really freaking me out right now. I do have a cell phone. I'll call the cops on you!"

"Hey!"

Both Kagome and Naraku turned to the source of the voice to see a very angry hanyou walking towards her neighbor and then directing a punch in the face right at him. Kagome winced as Naraku staggered backwards, sick laughter emerging from his throat and creeping her out even more. "What are you laughing at, fuck-up?!" Inuyasha hissed, glaring. He didn't even look at Kagome, and she actually felt a little offended.

"I could have you arrested for that..."

"Well you won't. Because we've got two witnesses that say you were harassing this woman."

Kagome frowned. "This woman...?"

The two men ignored her as Naraku stood up straight and gingerly touched a bloody spot on his face. "Alright...I guess I'll go then..."

"Damn right. Get out of here."

Kagome looked after him with wide eyes, expecting Inuyasha to leave quickly, but instead he turned towards her, his brow creased in concern and his hands flying up to grip her shoulders. "Kagome, are you alright?"

It took her a moment to gather her senses. She had no idea what had just happened with Naraku, and now Inuyasha was really close to her after saving her from...something. They were alone. In the dark... "Wait a minute!" she suddenly said, pulling his hands off of her arms. "I'm still mad at you! You're not...you're not allowed to do this! You can't just rush in and save me and expect everything to be OK!"

He quickly backed up, startled by the outburst. "Kami...I'm sorry...I didn't..."

She ignored him. "It's always been like this! You're always taking care of me! Listen, I don't want to be taken care of anymore!"

His eyes narrowed and then he was screaming too. "Kagome, if I hadn't been here just now that asshole could have been doing things to you now that you don't even want to think of! And you're giving me this treatment?! Oh please...you're always too passive. Have you ever considered that it might have been your fault that I ended up with Kikyo? You were with Koga! I didn't even think you cared!"


Silence hung between them. She hadn't thought of that...she'd just been blaming him. She wanted to; he had done a really terrible thing, saying Kikyo's name when they were together...but had it been her fault in the first place?

No. She argued again, but with less fervor now, her voice weak. "You...just because I didn't ever tell you how I felt about you...doesn't mean you didn't hurt me really bad...we were together and you said her name..."

Kagome shivered slightly and she couldn't resist when he gathered her up in his arms, wrapping her in his warm, waterproof coat. "You have no idea how many times I slipped up and said your name when I was with Kikyo...all the times I wished it was you that I was holding...you're so stupid...I still want you, Kagome...not Kikyo, not anyone else. And I never have wanted anyone else. Just you..."

She felt his callused fingers gently take her chin in his hand and tilt her head up to his. "You...you never wanted Kikyo? And...you loved me...that whole time...why didn't you ever tell me?"

"You were the football star's girlfriend...you were perfect and beautiful...why would I ever think you could possibly love me?"

Kagome gulped, her hands sliding over his back and up to his shoulders. "Kiss me..."

"Seems like I've waited forever..."

His hand still on her chin, he tilted her head to softly kiss her. His lips felt so soft and warm...she had pulled away only slightly before he pressed his lips against hers again, his mouth slightly open. He touched his tongue to hers and she gladly gave him further access to her mouth, pushing her tongue a short distance into his mouth to run her own muscle along the inside of his soft lips.

One hand caressed her face; the other moved to her lower back. She sighed heavily, her body melting against his.

The rain started again and he pulled away slowly, his eyes only half-open. "We should get inside and get you some warm clothes."

"I don't want to go home," she said quietly, her eyes large and almost pleading.

"Do you want to come with me?"


"I...I do..."

He slid a hand around her hip and she draped her own arm around his shoulders before they walked slowly back the way they came, both the hanyou and the girl finally feeling at peace with their feelings.

----

Author's Note: So I am really happy with this chapter...I had been working on Devotion and decided to take a break from it and write a little on this. It eventually just developed into an entire chapter (yay)!

I'm not thinking I'll write a lemon at any point in this story, because then I write one and I feel inconsistent when I don't want to write another. And I'm not very good at them anyway, so I wouldn't want you to suffer through reading one. There will be plenty of romance...I really loved this.

SO SO SO sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! I've been busy with school...friends...and getting a boyfriend. The whole getting a boyfriend thing might have been what inspired this extremely romantic chapter. In fact, I think it did. I'm pretty sure it did. But I'm not going to rant about that to you guys...considering I already do to mostly all of my real life friends, lol. Hope you liked the chapter!

--Kat
Sign up to rate and review this story