Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Twelve Disasters of Christmas

Five Kidnappees

by SilverWolf7007 2 reviews

Hermione and the others aren't sure why, but the leadup to Christmas in Gryffindor Tower seems to be fraught with nothing but chaos, mistakes, and of course, Harry trying to be helpful.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Blaise Zabini, Colin Creevey, Dean Thomas, Draco, Dumbledore, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Justin, Luna, Lupin, Neville, Parvati, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Seamus Finnigan, Snape, Theodore Nott - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-21 - Updated: 2006-12-21 - 666 words - Complete

5Funny
On the fifth day of Christmas, my best friend gave to me...

Five Kidnappees

True to his word, Harry was again wearing his Santa suit when he left the Gryffindor Common Room for the Great Hall the next morning at breakfast time. He was still wearing it when he vanished not long after the meal.

And he was definitely still wearing it when he returned not long before lunch with four reluctant-looking students in tow (literally). Luna was drifting along behind them and looking as though she'd ended up there completely accidentally.

Hermione eyed the purple and silver tinsel that was wrapped around the waists of the three Hufflepuffs and one Slytherin. "Harry?"

Harry, tugging the four of them along with him, moved further into the Common Room. Luna followed him, playing with her own strand of purple and silver tinsel. She had it wrapped around her neck like a scarf.

Theodore raised an eyebrow at his lassoed housemate. "Draco, you appear to have been kidnapped by Santa Potter."

Draco rolled his eyes and squirmed a little, trying to extricate his arms from the tinsel. "Thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious, Theodore. I simply could not have progressed further in my life without that exceedingly trivial and blatant fact being stated."

Neville waved to the other three of Harry's captives. "Hi Justin, Hannah, Susan." He turned to Harry. "You know, it's a good thing that we have so many comfortable couches in our Common Room. Otherwise where would you put all your strays?"

"We're not /strays/," Susan protested. "We were taken against our will. There are perfectly comfortable beds back in the Hufflepuff dorms, you know."

Harry, still holding them hostage, turned to pout at her. "But there are only three of you, and since Blaise and Theo are up here, both Draco and Luna are all alone in Ravenclaw and Slytherin. The seventeen of us are the only students left at Hogwarts, and I kinda thought it would be nice if we all spent the rest of the holidays together."

Susan and Hannah both smiled at him, warmed by the sentiment.

Justin snorted, but was trying to hide his own smile. "Oh fine, you win. We'll stay here. But we'll need to get our stuff, and our gifts, from Hufflepuff. You guys have a tree, right?" he added, glancing around. His eyes stopped on the palm tree. He blinked.

"Harry," Ron explained.

"Ah." Susan frowned. "Can we be un-lassoed now?"

Parvati and Lavender moved forward to untie them, while Harry just fiddled with the ends of the tinsel that he held.

"I will stay if I can have more tinsel," Luna said suddenly. "And perhaps some glitter. I would like some glitter. I find it fun to sprinkle upon other people. Although, I do find it dreadfully confusing that they don't seem to enjoy it as much as I do."

Harry beamed at her. "Of course! Tinsel and glitter coming right up!" He turned hopefully to Draco. "What about you, Dray?"

The blond twitched. "Never call me that again, untie me immediately, and give me a bed. Then we have a deal."

Using the tinsel he held, Harry pulled the Slytherin closer to him in order to begin untying it. "You can have mine, I'm quite happy to sleep down here. But I can't guarantee anything about the first condition, Dray."

Draco groaned. "I give in, I give up, I just plain give. Very well, Harry, you may call me Dray. But if anyone else tries it..." he added, narrowing his eyes in warning.

Ginny smiled innocently. "Wouldn't dream of it, Dray."

The Slytherin growled.

"We'd never do such a thing, would we, guys?" Seamus prompted his fellow Gryffindors with wide eyes. They nodded half-heartedly. Seamus smirked at Draco. "See Dray, you're perfectly safe."

"I hate Gryffindors."

Harry just laughed at him and conjured a Santa hat onto the blond's head. "We know."

Luna draped a strand of green tinsel around Draco's neck.
Sign up to rate and review this story