Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Some Things Should Never Happen

by Anaesta 1 review

Leon is reading, and Seifer wants a promise to be fulfilled.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Leon, Seifer - Published: 2006-12-23 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 364 words - Complete

3Moving







Some things should never happen.




In Leon's experience- or perhaps, more Squall's experience, they always do.




People die, bleeding and crying and reaching out for him, hands bloody and muscles seizing as their bodies twitch violently, bruising their split skin and then their souls spill out of their mouths and their eyes bleed in congealed black-red blood.




Reaching for him.




"Help me."




And then worlds fall apart, too, don't they? And he fights children to train them for a destiny they shouldn't have and wonder at the ghosts of dead things that fall in dark; shadow-corpses to the ground and disappear like a mist being blown away, to be spread about the world.




Infesting it.




Leon had killed, and Squall had died, and Sora would smile up at him, always so cheerful and happy, and he knew that he never should have doubted that kid's abilities, even though he did, sometimes. There were pangs in his heart, worry and his protective nature wanting to reach out and take all the burdens. He wanted to carry the world, fight for it.




And that stupid blonde kid that would yell at him and huff and demand things he didn't want to give would worm his way into his heart, deeper and deeper until all he could do was pretend to read something he'd memorized, and think about that stupid hat and stupid white-gray coat and the young, strong body beneath it.




Beneath him.




"What're you thinking about now/?" Seifer's tone demands, and that voice irritates the /hell out of him.




Leon doesn't look up from what he's reading.




"You said you'd teach me how, today."




"...No, I didn't." Leon turned a page for emphasis.




He could sense Seifer's irritation at not getting his way, and his lips curved upwards.




"Fine," boots slammed onto the wooden floors as the blonde made his way to the door, "I'll make Cloud do it, then."




Leon paused, and watched the closed door before marking the page he hadn't been reading and lifting Lion Heart onto his shoulder, heading towards the world outside, he pressed a hand on Seifer's shoulder as he caught up with him.




Some things should never happen.



Sign up to rate and review this story