Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Leon-Quiet

by Anaesta 1 review

Seifer sits at a window, and thinks about Leon

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Crossover - Characters: Leon, Seifer - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-23 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 342 words - Complete

3Moving

Leon-Quiet


There are different kinds of quiet. There's the quiet that breathes in the darkness, making shadow-sounds that lurk at your back. There are the gentle quiet-sounds, like spring days and watching the endlessly blue sky, breathing in the soft scent of fresh grass and budding flowers. And there's a kind of Leon-quiet.

Sometimes, Leon-quiet gets to be rather annoying.

Seifer doesn't like Leon very much. He's quiet and secretive and his smiles have a catlike and predatory edge about them that sends shivers down his spine and floods his stomach with a fluttering warmth. They remind him of something, and he doesn't like it at all and sometimes he wants to tell Leon that he's a storm. Quick and flashy in a dangerous, you-don't-want-to-know-me kind of way. He's watched Leon spar with that Cloud-guy. The one with the spiky blond hair that reminds him of that So-something-kid, the one that reminds him of someone else with pretty, clear-sea-blue eyes.

But he can't remember whoever that was, and So-something-kid doesn't really matter, not since he disappeared and Leon came here and looked at him and brought him home again.

But since when has he considered Hollow Bastion his "home"?

Seifer shook his head and glared out the window, at the rain spattering against the cobblestone streets, hating how he could barely defend himself against those black blobby things-- /Heartless-- /and wishing for a sun god in his grip, making him invincible.

And then he could break down that omniscient Leon-quiet, cut it down to nothing and leave shards of broken pride in his wake.

"What's wrong?" sometimes he wonders about Leon's voice, and part of him misses something that he knows he's never heard in it before.

"Huh?" the blonde teenager looked up from where he sat, fighting away a childish pout. "Nothing's wrong. Don't imagine things."

Seifer's tone is demanding, and Leon smiles his catlike-predator-/infuriating/ smile and turns away.

Alone again, Seifer clenches his hand and feels a time-worn handle and feels blood spattering against his soul, tainting him for eternity.
Sign up to rate and review this story